The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had plans to golf (keyword here is HAD) and changed them because I was planning on meeting my friend and her husband at their new house and she's about 2-3 weeks left from having her first baby, and she has a doctor's appointment today and still hasn't called me to confirm our meeting up. I'm wondering if she's already had her baby without me :( So I could've gone golfing today :( And had completely changed my plans today...:banghead: oh well....

I must be losing it guys. I just saw two different commercials for movies coming out on DVD. Steven Segal in "The Keepers" and Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren in Universal Soldier: Regeneration. I will now turn in my man card because these look like instant classics that I never even knew about.

I must be losing it guys. I just saw two different commercials for movies coming out on DVD. Steven Segal in "The Keepers" and Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren in Universal Soldier: Regeneration. I will now turn in my man card because these look like instant classics that I never even knew about.

don't be too hard on yourself Gas....I don't think the man card covers 'direct to Netflix" releases

don't be too hard on yourself Gas....I don't think the man card covers 'direct to Netflix" releases

Are you sure, I mean it has Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren in it. Thats pretty manly.

Are you sure, I mean it has Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren in it. Thats pretty manly.

manly small 'm'.....i still think you're in the clear. if you were watching figure skating while tweezing your eyebrows then we'd have to talk

LMAO.....ok i'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here and going to say you weren't tweezing so you're STILL ok..... (9 of 9 lives used)

LMAO, get into a fight tonight at your hockey game and you can have your card back first thing in the morning.
Were out of the playoffs so why not.
LMAO.....ok i'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here and going to say you weren't tweezing so you're STILL ok..... (9 of 9 lives used)

Cool, I was getting worried while I was out back splitting logs and skinning the bear I just killed with my hands. :D

Ok so my cell contract is up next week. I'm thinking about getting the Tilt 2 on AT&T and just noticed that AT&T is releasing their Android phone on 3/7. Do I hold out and hope I like the Android and can get one or do I go ahead and get the Tilt 2? The Android looks funny though. The keyboard flips backwards.

Decisions, decisions.

Ok so my cell contract is up next week. I'm thinking about getting the Tilt 2 on AT&T and just noticed that AT&T is releasing their Android phone on 3/7. Do I hold out and hope I like the Android and can get one or do I go ahead and get the Tilt 2? The Android looks funny though. The keyboard flips backwards.

Decisions, decisions.

I'd wait for the Android. The Tilt 2 is an HTC phone. I had an HTC Mogul from Sprint (aka HTC 6800) on Verizon, and half the hard buttons stopped working on the first Mogul I had after 6 months, and stopped working again on the replacement phone after 4 months. Co-workers with the Mogul had similar experiences. I'm using a Palm Treo Pro now, and its build quality is so much better.

I want to go to the driving range but I keep thinking about the drive, getting out of bed and dressed, and getting a move on.

I mean I really want to go badly, but not badly enough that I have to get ready.

I want to go to the driving range but I keep thinking about the drive, getting out of bed and dressed, and getting a move on.

I mean I really want to go badly, but not badly enough that I have to get ready.
Thats a tough one Dent. I would probably just stay in bed.:D

I agree. If you haven't gotten out of bed by now, it's not worth it!

Dent-

The key is to have everything ready the night before. That way, when yo wake up, you're halfway to the range before you fully wake up and realize what a PITA it is.

I hate it when my slack wins. All I do the whole day is regret not going and planning for the next time. Just say no to slack.

I agree. If you haven't gotten out of bed by now, it's not worth it!

I often have the opposite problem--when it's too much trouble to go to bed (change out of clothes, wash face, brush & floss, etc.) so I just stay up.

Either way, it's a bad mistake.

Connecticut is celebrating its 375th anniversary this year. I heard on the radio that we have the first hamburger and the first FM station, but no one knows what to call us. It's not like Floridians or New Yorkers. How sad is that - we must have something else. I'm going to do some research.

Connecticut is celebrating its 375th anniversary this year. I heard on the radio that we have the first hamburger and the first FM station, but no one knows what to call us. It's not like Floridians or New Yorkers. How sad is that - we must have something else. I'm going to do some research.

How about Conneticutians? Hmmm...that doesn't sound right! Or North-Easterners? :confused2:

Believe it or not, I believe a little town in Cheeseland, Spooner IIRC, claims the hamburger as their own. Can't you east coast big shots just leave the hamburger for little ol' Spooner? You can have the FM station. The only thing on FM radio is Devil music.

Kevin

How about Connecticites? Or Connectidots? :D

Believe it or not, I believe a little town in Cheeseland, Spooner IIRC, claims the hamburger as their own. Can't you east coast big shots just leave the hamburger for little ol' Spooner? You can have the FM station. The only thing on FM radio is Devil music.

Kevin

The hamburger belongs to Louis' Lunch in New Haven. Were people even living in WI then?

Well, Connecticut is the Nutmeg State. Can't we just call you nuts? :egyptian:

The hamburger belongs to Louis' Lunch in New Haven. Were people even living in WI then?

In 1900? Tens of people. Maybe hundreds. So more than CT. We had more cows, too.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back