Would you switch to the other side of the ball if...

Would you switch to the other side of the ball if...

• Total voters
I don't think I could, that would be too weird!

Not a snowballs chance in he!!

Even though I can swing a baseball bat left handed just fine, I can make nothing that resembles a golf swing left handed. It is a complete trainwreck!

I play lefty but have the ability to hit righty. I do most of my small motor skills activities with my right hand - writing, eating, etc. To have all of that given to me under the condition to switch, I would absolutely do it

I'm going no on this one. Golf is too frustrating as it is, to start all over would be a complete nightmare! Even for the free equipment I don't think I could do it.

I was a switch hitter (baseball only) through college and my swing was actually better left handed but I am still a "righty" in everything else. I have tried to hit balls lefty and will occasionally chip out of trouble swinging from the left side but it is far from natural.

If it were all free for the rest of my life, I could be persuaded to relearn the game!

Not in a million years. It is hard enough from the right side as it is!

No way, not a chance. As Bagger said "Inside each and every one of us is one true authentic swing... Somethin' we was born with... Somethin' that's ours and ours alone... Somethin' that can't be taught to ya or learned"

but then I'd be a lefty and from my personal experiences they are often for some reason the "Blacksheep" of a family :)

But really, I just don't know. If I gave it a go I would feel like I gave up on it all at righty. sort of like I quit on myself.

Yes I would. I've only swung right handed for a year and a half, plus I used to play hockey left handed - so it wouldn't be totally new for me to hit from that side of a ball. I'm fairly surprised at the number of No's on this poll...it's pretty cool actually.

Never....it's just wrong to hit from the other side of the ball. <grin>

Back