Cleveland Smart-Square Putter Review

Just so I understand what you are saying here. You took a 38" or 39" almost belly, with additional head weight, and cut it down to 35"? So you are playing a more traditional length putter with the additional head weight of an almost belly? Or do I have that mixed up?

The one I am playing right now has had lead tape added to the head in the slots on either side...they are hidden unless you are looking for them...but I like the feel of the extra weight

Just so I understand what you are saying here. You took a 38" or 39" almost belly, with additional head weight, and cut it down to 35"? So you are playing a more traditional length putter with the additional head weight of an almost belly? Or do I have that mixed up?
No, the one I have is a 35" putter with a 400g head and a heavier putter grip. I did not cut mine down.

I traded my CB model for a regular center shaft model, no weight added to mine. Greens are so ridiculously fast this time of year at my club, I was afraid to add weight. I might want weight for heal shaft, but with center shaft it feels solid enough into impact. I am sticking to standard setup for possible MC club that will be identical.

I traded my CB model for a regular center shaft model, no weight added to mine. Greens are so ridiculously fast this time of year at my club, I was afraid to add weight. I might want weight for heal shaft, but with center shaft it feels solid enough into impact. I am sticking to standard setup for possible MC club that will be identical.

That CS model will be my MC putter. No doubt in my mind.

Another decent round with 32 putts, tough course never played before, so happy with it. Doing good on 5 footers with this, saved some tough long putts while getting green speeds down early.

Played with the SS today under some tourney pressure (team match play) It did hold up nicely on some brutal fast sloped greens. This one is definitely in the lead for the MC putter.

Played with the SS today...3rd round with it.....greens were REALLY SLOW....33 putts......felt really good

Even with a less than stellar round, my putting probably saved me quite a few strokes today...and a large part of this was due to the Smart Square. It might become like a broken record, but I have not experienced an easier alignment aid. I just couldnt miss from 8' or less today, and I only had one three putt. This will be my MC putter.

Just FYI after changing my eye line to just inside the target line, I have cut this back to 34" on the CS model. This lets me setup closer to the ball and just rock the shoulders.

I have played about 4 rounds with my SS. I have cut about four putts each round with this putter. I love it. I did put 10 grams of lead tape strips on each side after I put a jumbo Winn grip on. The putter felt way too light, but the extra 20g of lead put it right back where it needed to be. Great putter Cleveland

I have played about 4 rounds with my SS. I have cut about four putts each round with this putter. I love it. I did put 10 grams of lead tape strips on each side after I put a jumbo Winn grip on. The putter felt way too light, but the extra 20g of lead put it right back where it needed to be. Great putter Cleveland

That's a great improvement!

Big improvement dude! Love it!

After perusing this thread and trying it out at Roger Dunn, I could no longer resist. I pulled the trigger on a SS and I couldn't be happier. The thing just plain works for alignment, it's incredible. Guys, my putting is terrible. To give you an idea, the last several rounds I've had over 40 putts each. Granted, the greens in my neck of the woods are ridiculously undulated but that's no excuse. Heck, I even had my first round breaking 90 (shot an 88) at my home course and I STILL had 41 putts logged.

Enter the SS. I had a few practice green sessions with it, but finally the true on-course test came on Saturday, at the course that has the most difficult greens in the area. I ended the day with 35 putts!! That's over 5 less than my average per round. I couldn't be more pleased with this thing. It just flat-out performs! The feel off the face is amazing too.

I have a SeeMore PCB nickel and a Betti/Mizuno BC1 as well....and I like the SS more than both of these.

Great putter, Cleveland.

Good to hear ironcondor. It really is a great putter for me as well.

After perusing this thread and trying it out at Roger Dunn, I could no longer resist. I pulled the trigger on a SS and I couldn't be happier. The thing just plain works for alignment, it's incredible. Guys, my putting is terrible. To give you an idea, the last several rounds I've had over 40 putts each. Granted, the greens in my neck of the woods are ridiculously undulated but that's no excuse. Heck, I even had my first round breaking 90 (shot an 88) at my home course and I STILL had 41 putts logged.

Enter the SS. I had a few practice green sessions with it, but finally the true on-course test came on Saturday, at the course that has the most difficult greens in the area. I ended the day with 35 putts!! That's over 5 less than my average per round. I couldn't be more pleased with this thing. It just flat-out performs! The feel off the face is amazing too.

I have a SeeMore PCB nickel and a Betti/Mizuno BC1 as well....and I like the SS more than both of these.

Great putter, Cleveland.

Love reading this! 5 fewer putts is HUGE when it comes to scoring.

Love reading this! 5 fewer putts is HUGE when it comes to scoring.

Dude! I was so thrilled, especially at that course where the greens are notorious. I'm curious to see what it does for me at some of the "easier" courses in the area. I had several putts that were on line too - I just had my speed off, so the ball carried over the cup or lipped out. But as for alignment, they were dead on.

Putter: 34" CS Smart Square standard grip and weight.
This one is really solidifying its place in my bag lately. 30 putts today no 3 putts. Had a 7 foot and 8 foot par save 2nd putt that just make me love this putter right now.

Putter: 34" CS Smart Square standard grip and weight.
This one is really solidifying its place in my bag lately. 30 putts today no 3 putts. Had a 7 foot and 8 foot par save 2nd putt that just make me love this putter right now.

Great update my man. Those are score savers

Tried one at GG the other day. What a great feel to it. Will be looking to put one in my bag.

Tried one at GG the other day. What a great feel to it. Will be looking to put one in my bag.
Yes, you should, then let me roll it when we play.

The smart square was working great for me today. I went 18 front 16 back for putts today and only had one 3 putt. Really liking this guy and it's has been easy to square up and knowing right where the ball will go.

The smart square was working great for me today. I went 18 front 16 back for putts today and only had one 3 putt. Really liking this guy and it's has been easy to square up and knowing right where the ball will go.

It's such a solid putter!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I may have thrown mine off by putting a Fatso grip on it. I liked it initially but put it in time out in favor of my Ping JAZ. Maybe I'll put the original grip back on and try again.

I bought a Smart Square online today and should have it by Wednesday. I had a chance to putt with it a couple days ago and it was super easy to align - not a gimmick IMO.

I putted with a 2 Ball years ago and am looking forward to getting this Cleveland out on the course. I will be adding some weight to the head as I do with all my putters.

Back