The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could probably afford a lawyer and I think out chances of beating it are good. I know the sheriff over here and hes offered to look into it for me after I give him what documentation I have. I will just see how it plays out and decide from there I guess. The thing that bothers me the most is that they will not suffer one bit of moral or financial consequence for this other than the lost of my business win or lose. I try not to shop there already if I can but in a small town you only have so many choices. The real problem is how bad it freaked out my wife, shes never been in trouble for anything in her life and she was already having a hard time adjusting here and this just enflamed her distaste and distrust about certain things you have to deal with when living in a small town. I try my best to make sure that her and the kids never have to be in these situations in the first place.

I could probably afford a lawyer and I think out chances of beating it are good. I know the sheriff over here and hes offered to look into it for me after I give him what documentation I have. I will just see how it plays out and decide from there I guess. The thing that bothers me the most is that they will not suffer one bit of moral or financial consequence for this other than the lost of my business win or lose. I try not to shop there already if I can but in a small town you only have so many choices. The real problem is how bad it freaked out my wife, shes never been in trouble for anything in her life and she was already having a hard time adjusting here and this just enflamed her distaste and distrust about certain things you have to deal with when living in a small town. I try my best to make sure that her and the kids never have to be in these situations in the first place.

That's not really correct. Wal-Mart could potentially be liable. Although, it's a very fact-driven claim.

I don't mean to interject at all. But you should know that Wal-Mart isn't necessarily free from liability. (Of course, depending on the specific facts, they could be.)

I hope everything works out for your wife on any criminal charges. A many have already expressed (and what seems quite obvious), it's ridiculous that she was arrested and jailed for "stealing" two bags of Easter candy while making other purchases.

I know what your saying ATL, my main focus right now is to get the criminal charges taken care of. We have almost 2 months until the court date so we will develop more of a strategy in between now and then. Im not the sue happy type whatever that means anymore, Id settle for an apology, dropped charges, and a cage match with that security guy, but alas Im sure when you get into suing and all that the court cost start to pile up quick. I just need to get with an attorney and decide on the best course of action.

Wow, phenom that's crazy! I'm pretty sure I watched a guy (with his wife and kid) falsely scan a few items at the self check out line once. It's not for me to speak up since I don't work there. However, the situation with you and your wife sounds ridiculous.

From the mini-computer!

You know I always try to put myself in both sides of the situation. And I understand that Walmart is a target for shoplifters. The problem I have is with everything done and said it really should have ended with confiscation of the unpaid items and a verbal make sure you check you receipt next time or like my wife originally suggested let me pay for that since it is part of what I came for. A very feeble minded detective should have been able to come to the conclusion that this was not done with malicious intent but Walmart does everything with as little blame, emotion, reason as possible and most just become a statistic. I mean I kept explaining she could have paid for 500 times the amount she spent and that any reasonable person would realize it was not worth it to shoplift in her case. And always being the skeptic I interrogated her myself as much as possible without being to overbearing and telling her that if she did it on purpose just tell me and it will be done, but she has defended herself everytime I call her moral integrity into question that I just know that this is not the case in this situation. I really do try to gather all the facts before I accuse anyone of anything even if it means questioning the character of someone whom I love and trust.

Phenom, have you talked to anyone in management? Surely there is someone with some common sense there who realizes that this could blow up in their face and just have the charges dropped. While I'm not one to throw out the word "lawsuit", I'd certainly find a good lawyer and consider my options. If anything that rent-a-cop's head on a platter would start to assuage my anger.

Sitting in a hotel room in Milwaukee missing the crap out of my family at home. This sucks. Two more days of it too

Right there with you...thank goodness I am heading home tomorrow night!

Sitting in a hotel room in Milwaukee missing the crap out of my family at home. This sucks. Two more days of it too

Right there with you...thank goodness I am heading home tomorrow night!

Our flight here yesterday morning was the scariest flight of my life. Take off was beyond bumpy and the plane was drifting to the left and right the whole time. Then the pilot says were turning around because of a safety door that won't close. We were half way to milwaukee then the plane turned around back to Cleveland. We had to sit on the plane for almost 2 hours while they fixed the problem. Then once I got to milwaukee I had to go through 5 hours of statistics class. So needless to say, I'm so ready to be home

Our flight here yesterday morning was the scariest flight of my life. Take off was beyond bumpy and the plane was drifting to the left and right the whole time. Then the pilot says were turning around because of a safety door that won't close. We were half way to milwaukee then the plane turned around back to Cleveland. We had to sit on the plane for almost 2 hours while they fixed the problem. Then once I got to milwaukee I had to go through 5 hours of statistics class. So needless to say, I'm so ready to be home

Dude that is crazy. Glad you finally made it in safely. Not having to go through 5 hours of STATS absolutely did not make it any better.

Saginaw not treating you well Matt?
When's the next trip?

Definitely not when I can't meet up with Barb...aka Michigan Slice. The snow and wet weather ruined my plans of two days of golf. I did get out to the range today. Next trip will be the first week of May.

I plan on writing a letter to the store manager this week and sending it certified mail hoping maybe that the person can see reason where others cant. Its probably a long shot but who knows. I already emailed their corporate office but Im not expecting any revelations there either.

My Altitudes supposedly entered Canada today.

According to Canada Post I can expect to see them within the next 6-30 days...... WTF

Sitting at seatac airport. My next flight is not till 12:51 am. :sigh:

Sitting at seatac airport. My next flight is not till 12:51 am. :sigh:

I will know the feeling next week haha. Red eyes suck bad.

Thanks for the support, guys!!! Today is a new day and I am trying to approach with a clear & positive outlook.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the support, guys!!! Today is a new day and I am trying to approach with a clear & positive outlook.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You got this buddy! :blob: I had some really sucky days when I came home from Vietnam and the baggage provided many down times for me. It was a mountain but I always got to the top. Hang in there and look for the sun :thumb:

Got woken up by a large crash and the whole house shaking at 1:30 this morning. Looked around and didn't see anything. Went to leave this morning and a large tree in back of my house fell into my yard and onto my carport. Thankfully the carport is still standing but the tree knocked the gutter off ripped holes in it. It really feels like it's something every freaking day.

jasema8e.jpg

my6uqe6a.jpg

Got woken up by a large crash and the whole house shaking at 1:30 this morning. Looked around and didn't see anything. Went to leave this morning and a large tree in back of my house fell into my yard and onto my carport. Thankfully the carport is still standing but the tree knocked the gutter off ripped holes in it. It really feels like it's something every freaking day.

Yikes!

jasema8e.jpg

my6uqe6a.jpg

Dang, Ricky that sucks. Glad that no one was hurt though.

Dang Ricky that is a bummer but at least no one was hurt. The clean up part sucks though :angry:

Dang Ricky that is a bummer but at least no one was hurt. The clean up part sucks though :angry:

The joys of renting. Called the landlord at 7:00 and told him to come clean it up. Haha

I was going to say, these are the times you are so glad you aren't a home owner.

Yup. The crappy part of the landlord is that the tree isnt even his. It's the neighbors but because its on his property its his responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back