Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am. More now than ever.

Why not then? Or should I say, what would you be losing out on? There may be a good answer for that too, but think about how you're using them I guess.

I said it in the other thread, but you can hit sand shots with a set wedge too. You could keep a TT or two for versatility as well.

Why not then? Or should I say, what would you be losing out on? There may be a good answer for that too, but think about how you're using them I guess.

I said it in the other thread, but you can hit sand shots with a set wedge too. You could keep a TT or two for versatility as well.

I think it is a looks thing for me that I just mentally need to get over. I need to look into this further and see if I can find some to hit outside in different situations.

I think it is a looks thing for me that I just mentally need to get over. I need to look into this further and see if I can find some to hit outside in different situations.

I can understand that. I'll say that little pitches with my GW are a favorite and I'll try to get to either 60 or 90 yards if I can. No real huge need for something versatile there. I still go to the 53, but in reality that one could be scrapped too. 57/61 are clubs I open up more often, so I'd stay the same there.

I'm surprised more sets don't go with set wedges, overall. I know Ping has, it'd be nice to see an Apex, X2Hot, CB, MC, Speedblade set SW and LW.

I'm surprised more sets don't go with set wedges, overall. I know Ping has, it'd be nice to see an Apex, X2Hot, CB, MC, Speedblade set SW and LW.

Don't the X2 Hot and Speedblades offer a SW and LW?

X2hot has a sw and lw

I don't even know how I missed this. I guess I just assumed cause I haven't seen them out past AW at Dick's. Dick's is a horrible source though.

Don't the X2 Hot and Speedblades offer a SW and LW?

Ya, don't mind me being a total idiot over here. I am gonna quit the internet for a bit.

3 woods.

I need a new one.

Ya, don't mind me being a total idiot over here. I am gonna quit the internet for a bit.

nah don't quit. I like you

Depending on our options, I don't plan to have a steel shaft in the bag.

Eric,

Do you currently play graphite in your irons? If so, would love to hear your thoughts........

I mean, was the transition seamless for you? Adjustment period? Lots of people have nothing but positive to say, so I'm not hesitant really at all, just gathering info.

Thanks,

I try to get my ego out of the way, and have with hybrids, SGI iron etc. For some reason going to set wedges scares the crap out of me.

Trust me, I was the exact same way.

Without the set wedges, I tried to get to fancy with wedges and it just wasnt working. I can now full swing my LW and it flies perfectly. I have yet to have any sort of shot that I havent been able to hit. Honestly, it is one of the best moves I have made for my golf game.

#cookie has me pondering set wedges and I am also pondering dropping my 6 iron.

#welcome

I've been tooling that idea around since the Bobby Jones Black jaw-dropper. Not so much a possibility for the MC, but for normal pondering.

I also may have a 6 hybrid in the bag for the MC. Hell, no reason not to except for the fact that a non hybrid 6 iron is my punch club to keep ball flight down.

Low balls are not an issue in my world!

Eric,

Do you currently play graphite in your irons? If so, would love to hear your thoughts........

I mean, was the transition seamless for you? Adjustment period? Lots of people have nothing but positive to say, so I'm not hesitant really at all, just gathering info.

Thanks,

It was seamless, no adjustment period needed. Now when I go back to steel there is issues.

Just what I thought and I appreciate the response. This will be at the front of my shaft selection ponder.

Thanks,

Hawk's AP1 thread has me pondering AP1s.....What will my friends and wife say if I get ANOTHER set of irons? Who cares! Off to the Galaxy!!!!

I'm going the opposite way and planning on switching my AP2 3&4i for hybrids.

I got to experience a 3i in HHI and fell in love , the hybrid is too inconsistent for me.

I just went and checked out some AP1 irons. The newer version is certainly a set I could see myself playing.

Pondering a midnight series black/red superstroke 2.0, word on the street is they release on the 20th, so hopefully there is some truth to that

Pondering sending in the i25's to PING to get adjusted, need them 2* up and I know PING is cheeeeeeeap and pretty quick to do it. Sooner I send, the sooner I have them back. Maybe I should just hold of though, I dunno. Bah.

Pondering sending in the i25's to PING to get adjusted, need them 2* up and I know PING is cheeeeeeeap and pretty quick to do it. Sooner I send, the sooner I have them back. Maybe I should just hold of though, I dunno. Bah.

Send them. Nothing Like a bunch of confidence knowing they are spec'ed to your swing.

I assume you have a couple other sets you can play in the meantime? Might as well if you can get it done on the cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back