Panda Tip: Getting out of the sand short sided (video)

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
The purpose of the video was to show a touch shot, short sided. The ball came out better than expected but I still think the video can be a of good use.

1. Find you target
  2. Open club to that target
  3. weight on front foot or leg
  4. wide stance (gets shoulders closer to sand)
  5. Sharp descending blow directly behind the ball (use the bounce)
  6. follow through

Makes it look so simple.

I know I need to work on this big time and will certainly be using these steps, thanks Panda

Great video Freddie! Love the Panda tips, I'm at work so I couldn't increase volume too loud so I don't know if you mentioned it but where is the ball position for you? It looked like it was more toward the back foot.

Simple stuff. Thanks Freddie!

It was closer to the back but I was open to my target so it wasn't that far back. I'd move it up in the stance to hit it higher and softer.
Great video Freddie! Love the Panda tips, I'm at work so I couldn't increase volume too loud so I don't know if you mentioned it but where is the ball position for you? It looked like it was more toward the back foot.

Great stuff Freddie. I've always stayed out of the sand bc the fear of being short sided, but I need to practice this more.

Great tips there Mr. Panda !!

Thanks !

This has been something I have worked on alot lately and have really improved at thanks to Bhilln. By me sitting/or getting real low, ball forward in stance, open stance, open face and try to hit 2-3 inches behind the ball. Have been doing that and it's crazy how well that has helped me. I think my issue with the sand now is trying to figure how open the face needs to be with the sand condition wet or dry.

Great tip Freddie. Love this stuff

Great tip Freddie! That will come in useful this weekend.

Thanks for the good tip Freddie. I've struggled with my sand play and this should help. Now to put it into practice.

Thanks, Freddie. This is the worst part of my game and your vid is a great help.

You make it look so freaking easy, dude! I think my biggest problem is setting my weight on the left side. I will have to check that out, but I am pretty sure I don't do that all of the time.

Thanks, Freddie! (Tell your camera man to turn the phone landscape style! hehehe)

Just effortless, love it. Could've used this reminder today as I did this a couple times. Does the consistency (compact vs soft/fluffy) effect how you play a shot like this Freddie?

Loving the video tip, making it look easy. At address, where do you position your hands... more in front center or forward in your stance?

Thanks for the video tip. Short sweet and to the point definitely gonna have to try this next time out.

Great video Freddie! I noticed you keep a solid knee bend through impact to the sand. I need to work on this.

Thanks for posting Freddie. Sand game is something I need to work on and this will be useful.

Loving the video tip, making it look easy. At address, where do you position your hands... more in front center or forward in your stance?
Hands will always be I front of the ball. Now the ball is either in the back of my stance or front but hands always in front.

Thanks Mr Panda they are some great tips.

Looks so easy when Freddie does it.....I would have either bladed it over the green or left it in the bunker

Great video Freddie, thanks for all the help you give!

Great video Love the Panda tips. I need to work on this by using these fantastic tips! Thanks Panda and Thanks Thanks Freddie.

I like the tips Freddie, seems like you can cover a lot of ground quickly with good solid information. Sweet job dude!!

Making sure the weight is on the left side works pretty effing well. Thanks, Freddie!

Back