Prescription golf sunglasses

I have a pair of Oakley Flack Jackets and they had to be sent to the US to have the lens's fitted as they won't let anyone else fit lens's except the Oakley factory. So six weeks and $600 dollars later I had them lucky health insurance paid $400 of the bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
man, if I could get that deal I'd jump on it. I only get a small $100-150 or so frame allowance and one set of lenses per year from my vision insurance. They don't even cover coatings or material upgrades. I think my last pair of glasses, the cash bill would have been $250 and I paid over $100.

one day I will have some nice prescription sunglasses for golf, but it won't be today :)

I now don't wear them at all, I keep my RX glasses with transition lenses in at all times.

I have 4 pairs of oakleys with prescription lenses in them and they are in various styles. I have never had a problem so I keep going back.

I only need them for golf & driving. I have a box of one and done contact lenses I also use for golf on days that I can't wear sunglasses.

My right eye prescription is too strong for wrap around/curved lenses so I bought some Puma aviator style sunglasses and use them.

To those of us who have poor eyesight - what do you wear for golf? I'm specifically interested in sunglasses. My normal eyeglasses are Oakley, and I have a pair of Oakley Radar sunglasses (not the Radar Range) that I like a lot, but in order to get them in prescription I'd need some very bad-looking inserts. So I'm looking to get something with a similar style and coverage (and wide enough for my sasquatch face) that will accept full prescription lenses and perform well in the sunny months ahead. I admit that I'm biased towards oakley because I've had nothing but good experiences with them... but I'm open to any suggestions in similar quality. Thanks in advance!

I don’t blame you for being biased towards Oakley. I love my Oakley glasses also. They make fantastic glasses. I have the Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ in prescription which are great for golfing and prevent that “interesting” looking insert system. The Flak Jacket has lots of coverage and good venting. You can also get them with the golf specific lenses. I bought mine through SportRx.com and had a great experience with the company.

I thought about these, but I've had two people tell me that they wouldn't order them again because of the slow transition messing with their pupil adjustment for a couple of minutes, and because of how often they stay in a "smoke" state when light is neither high nor low. One guy said it made him feel like some sort of creep, haha

I use 'em ....love em...but I did get another pair of darker script sg's for golfing,with cataracts,I needed darker...trans get dark,but not as dark as you can get.

Got new glasses with progressive lens as my distance and reading eyes have gotten worse over the last few years. I want to wear them regularly, even for golf, but I can't stand them. Having to look through different parts of the lense drives me crazy.

I have also used a pair of Oakley prescription sunglasses that have given me the best performance ever. I bought it from myeyewear2go where you will get the lot of collection of Oakley prescription sunglasses and other golf glasses what you want.

Oakley Crosslink are the sunglasses I use for golf and everything else. My script fits in them well.

Sorry to revive an old thread but was wondering if anyone has the same issue as myself. I really need prescription sunglasses. My prescription is bad that I can only get one contact lens in a daily disposable and that’s in the better of my two eyes which is useless. Do I go down the route of getting good quality sunglasses with prescription or cheap ones or reglaze old frames (which is not cheap either) or get cheap glasses with the inserts? Too many options and I can’t pull the trigger as I’ve little knowledge on this. Any help would be great.

Sorry to revive an old thread but was wondering if anyone has the same issue as myself. I really need prescription sunglasses. My prescription is bad that I can only get one contact lens in a daily disposable and that’s in the better of my two eyes which is useless. Do I go down the route of getting good quality sunglasses with prescription or cheap ones or reglaze old frames (which is not cheap either) or get cheap glasses with the inserts? Too many options and I can’t pull the trigger as I’ve little knowledge on this. Any help would be great.

"Transitions" coating is a godsend to me, as a long time
Rayban Sunglasses wearer that has to wear glasses full time the coating is great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wear transitions with a coating from Callaway my Dr offered.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A couple of months ago I paid the big bucks for a pair of prescription Oakley fishing glasses, i think the lens is called shallow water Prisms, holy cow these are not just great on the water but wonderful for Golf. Because of the expense I put off getting the top quality glasses for years but I’m telling you it was well worth it; I regret waiting so long. The clincher was finding I glasses shop with Knowledgeable fitters. The staff at Ferguson Optical (yes that Ferguson) emptied the whole display case on the counter and spent half the afternoon making sure I had just the right lens and frame fit. I’m going back to get another pair with Golf lenses.

I believe Tifosi can or will do some things with prescription needs. They are always an awesome value. And a real nice glass.

I have lined trifocals (near/intermediate/distance) plastic transition lenses treated with Crizal (anti-glare/scratch resistant) for my everyday glasses. I realized I can't see the golf ball with them as when I look at the ball, it's with the bottom of the lens and that's my reading (near) portion. All I see is a blur. Plus you will see the lines in the glasses. So went to eye Dr. and ordered a set of prescription golf glasses and told him to just make the lens with the distance lens with a small portion on one of the bottom corners with my near so I could read a score card. I thought I needed the distance lens to see the ball. I was wrong and it finally came to a head last month when I started chunking some lob wedge shots off tight lies. I'm talking huge pizza slices and I tend to pick the ball.

This is an illustration of my golf lenses what I had done first. Big mistake that took me almost a year to figure out.

bifocal-golf-330x173.png

I went back to the eye Dr. and this time I ordered golf prescription glasses with transitions/Crizal but had him make them progressives with intermediate and distance lenses only. So now I have no lines and the bottom is the intermediate (looking at golf ball) and top is distance looking down the fairway. I do not have the near or reading lens in my golf glasses now. I finally can see the golf ball and been having some great rounds recently.

Golf glasses cost me $500 with a 20% discount a few weeks ago but totally worth it. So I wasted $500 on the first try by ordering the wrong lenses.

Summary. Make sure you get transitions, progressives, and anti scratch glare coating with the correct lens.

I have a pair of Sunglasses with DEFINITY FAIRWAY TRANSITIONS SOLFX LENSES.
I really like them

I have an eye appointment in couple weeks. My problen is I wear bifocals so I have to get a bigger lense so I can see over the bifocal. I will be looking at Ray-Ban or Maui Jims.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I have a 3rd cranial nerve paslsy after a brain injury and my perscription changes almost yaerly. I found Nike Show X2 that has interchangable lenses and has a perscription lens holder behind the polarized lenses that you can change without having to change glasses. They are awesome.

Back