Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to have a good Saturday, but the rain is supposed to hit us on Saturday night extending through Sunday.

Enjoy the nice golfing weather! :blob:

its feeling like spring soon

Saint Louis is finally starting to get bearable as well. I’ll be hitting some balls this weekend! :blob::blob::blob:

Partly cloudy and breezy, temp is 50°. No chance to play today.

Tomorrow I'll be working my first day (7 - 11 AM) this year in the starter booth at the course. The tee sheet is full and frost is expected so it will be a zoo with all starting times pushed back.

Should be a kick.... :D

Good luck tomorrow Fourputt, it sounds like it will be a little crazy!

Tomorrow I'll be working my first day (7 - 11 AM) this year in the starter booth at the course. The tee sheet is full and frost is expected so it will be a zoo with all starting times pushed back.

You work as a starter? Wow, you've got the POWER!!! :)

Re: Official Golfing Weather Thread

Fourputt said:

I loved being a starter. greatest.pay.ever. xp

Heard that some of the courses around Kelowna BC are open.

Weather forecast for next week looks poor though.

Its hailing outside right now :( Mini hail...

Well, this mornign it did not rain, and I got 18 in! Even got a little burnt...

The sun is shining, the sky is blue and it's about 45* and slowly getting warmer - yes we're having a heatwave. I am ready to go - new balls and my Vanitees are packed. I have on about 6 layers because who knows what the rest of the day will bring. I'm so excited - real grass - finally. :blob:

The sun is shining, the sky is blue and it's about 45* and slowly getting warmer - yes we're having a heatwave. I am ready to go - new balls and my Vanitees are packed. I have on about 6 layers because who knows what the rest of the day will bring. I'm so excited - real grass - finally. :blob:

I'm with you on that one. High of 56 today with one course open to walking only $5. I'll be out there after lunch.

I was at the range yesterday. The sun was full on, and I ended up taking off my sweater and hit in my polo. That alone was worth the price of admission.

They didn't open things up after all here. No range, nothing.

where are you?

South Central Nebraska. I drove by three coourses today and they all still have some snow and lots of water. Many of the greens are still at least partly covered with snow.

Re: Official Golfing Weather Thread

thedue said:
South Central Nebraska. I drove by three coourses today and they all still have some snow and lots of water. Many of the greens are still at least partly covered with snow.

ahhh. thats right. sorry man. you should drive down this way...all clear here.

ahhh. thats right. sorry man. you should drive down this way...all clear here.

I'd love to make a trip down there soon. My kids and grand kids live over in Missouri and we hope to see them some time soon. Were supposed to get rain most of this week, so if the warm weather stay's and the wind comes up we'll see the snow gone soon. :blob:

Dodged raindrops yesterday to get in 18. It started raining at mid-afternoon and I think it is still raining now. Supposed to clear out tonight and the rest of the week looks good.

Sunny hear again today! Was able to get in 18 holes yesterday and barely just finished in time for the downpour! It was sprinkling when we got to the 15th hole, must.....finish....

Played a round on saturday and when I reached the 9th hole I was very surprised to see snow in the fairway, I just had to take a picture to share on here. the goal here was to stay out of the snow. hehe

IMAG0059.jpg

Looks pretty Shanks. Can you hit over the trees on the corner to cut off the dog-leg?

Today, cold north wind, humid, trying to spit, rain temp about 40°.... played a pleasant 9 holes. :D

Looks pretty Shanks. Can you hit over the trees on the corner to cut off the dog-leg?

Thanks Due, its an ok course. Nothing great, but 29 bucks makes it better. You can go over the trees but it takes a player to do that efficiently. I usually take my hybrid to the left center of the fairway to be about 75-100 out. But I have hit my driver over the trees to be on the green in one. Not easy though

It's so windy out that apparently one of the buildings here on base is losing it's roof... no golf today:at-wits-end:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back