How fast/ good are fake clubmakers?

MSB256

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys. If anyone like the Nike Machspeed, there are some great deals on ebay... much cheaper than retail.

Check these out:

Nike SQ MachSpeed STR8-FIT Driver 9.5 Stiff New 2010 !! - eBay (item 250590601763 end time Mar-06-10 17:00:45 PST)

2010 NIKE SQ MACHSPEED STR8-FIT DRIVER 9.5 GRAPH STIFF - eBay (item 310204664588 end time Mar-09-10 10:12:24 PST)

2010 NIKE SQ MACHSPEED DRIVER 9.5 Stiff Flex STR8-FiT - eBay (item 260563850691 end time Mar-12-10 17:14:30 PST)

The Machspeed goes for $299.99 in the store and one of these is buy it now for $199.99. To me that's an awesome deal.

I guess the question would be are these legit? Are fake clubmakers fast enough to get them out already? Also, do you think there are fakes with the R9 or Str8fit drivers? Seems like it'd take a lot more effort for a fake clubmaker to make them with the special hossel or am I underestimating them?

That looks legit to me. Real photos, 10 years of positive feedback, address in the US, proper English in the description, and a reasonable explanation (demo). Its a good deal, but it's not ridiculous.

$299 in stores and $199 on Ebay sounds about right. i dont see anything fishy about that at all

the fakes are often times available on ebay before the real thing is available from legit stores, the counterfeiters are that fast/good

there are with 100% certainty fake R9 drivers, even with a fake adjustable hosel

you'll be a bit safer with Nike, as they're a smaller player in the golf industry and TM and Cally along with Titleist are copied far more often than Nike.

I'd still be a little cautious about $100 off a brand new club, even from ebay.. piece of mind that you're getting the real deal can be worth that much $$ to some people

i wouldnt think anything of the $100 off a brand new club thing. heck, when the new FT-iQ's came out, what were they, $400 or $500 in stores? I bought mine brand new on Ebay for $279 (yes, it was verified as authentic when i registered it with Callaway)

I've already seen fake Super tri's .I've never bought a new club from ebay and will never do so.I'd rather pay more for the insurance of knowing I'm getting the real thing.JMHO

I've already seen fake Super tri's .I've never bought a new club from ebay and will never do so.I'd rather pay more for the insurance of knowing I'm getting the real thing.JMHO

Im with you 100%.

exactly!

I can't even imagine the timesink people who buy clubs that are later found to be fake are stuck with, filing ebay/paypal complaints, packaging, trips to the post office (or even worse being stuck with a fake and not getting reimbursed at all)...... all to try and save a few bucks

the few that are selling fakes on ebay has made me 100% sure I'll never spend 1$ there

i totally understand you guys. but i am all about saving some money. especially in the case with my FT-iQ which saved me over $200 (thats more than a few bucks, imo). i know a lot of people dont do their homework though, and end up getting ripped off, which sucks...

exactly!

I can't even imagine the timesink people who buy clubs that are later found to be fake are stuck with, filing ebay/paypal complaints, packaging, trips to the post office (or even worse being stuck with a fake and not getting reimbursed at all)...... all to try and save a few bucks

the few that are selling fakes on ebay has made me 100% sure I'll never spend 1$ there

Back