Can We Be Honest About Mickelson Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overrated? Multiple major winner, way too many wins to even count. How is that overrated? If anything the guy is underrated because there is a guy on tour that is a once in a lifetime athlete.

What do you mean you did not want this to be about Phil vs Tiger. Its your thread and you wrote it in your original post?????

This is nothing more than an opinion from someone that clearly does not like Phil. Im not a huge Phil fan by any means, but even discussing how his distraction is no different or bigger than Tigers is flat out absurd. One has a wife is battling a career ending disease and one is a guy that lied and cheated on his wife.

I go to the popular, "what have you done lately?" saying when I talk of Phil's past few years on tour.

And to answer the popular question, it's not a whole lot to warrant all of the talk and expectations about him. That defines being overrated to me.

Again, I'm not comparing a wife to having cancer to doing something stupid of your own doing. I'm NOT comparing that.

I'm comparing the non-golf things (ie - distractions) that are going on w/ each golfer.

They both have a heavy plate of it, regardless of the reason behind it.

I go to the popular, "what have you done lately?" saying when I talk of Phil's past few years on tour.

And to answer the popular question, it's not a whole lot to warrant all of the talk and expectations about him. The defines being overrated to me.

Again, I'm not comparing a wife to having cancer to doing something stupid of your own doing. I'm NOT comparing that.

I'm comparing the non-golf things (ie - distractions) that are going on w/ each golfer.

What have you done for me lately? PHIL HAS WON!!! Tiger QUIT!

I think it is horrible to bring up Phil not doing very well under his circumstances. I couldnt believe I was reading this. Phil is a man like you or I, he is a man first and an athlete second. Yeah he gets paid millions to do what YOU CAN NOT DO!!! Thats why he gets paid. He has a had a good career and I am sure he goes into every tournament hoping he plays his best. But, I am sure he is spending time off the course worrying about what is more important than golf. Jb's first comment was the best. You did argue about Tiger and now you are comparing. I am just in aww of this. I am not the biggest Phil fan but you walk a day in his shoes with his wife and I bet the MONEY is irrelavent.

What have you done for me lately? PHIL HAS WON!!! Tiger QUIT!

This isn't about Tiger. This is about how I think Phil is overrated.

Besides, WHEN Tiger does play, he's usually going to be in contention. Phil needs to be more consistent w/ his play to warrant all the attention that he gets.

(Sorry, I had to throw that in there on Tiger, haha)

I think it is horrible to bring up Phil not doing very well under his circumstances. I couldnt believe I was reading this. Phil is a man like you or I, he is a man first and an athlete second. Yeah he gets paid millions to do what YOU CAN NOT DO!!! Thats why he gets paid. He has a had a good career and I am sure he goes into every tournament hoping he plays his best. But, I am sure he is spending time off the course worrying about what is more important than golf. Jb's first comment was the best. You did argue about Tiger and now you are comparing. I am just in aww of this. I am not the biggest Phil fan but you walk a day in his shoes with his wife and I bet the MONEY is irrelavent.

Well Said!!

And to answer the popular question, it's not a whole lot to warrant all of the talk and expectations about him
. That defines being overrated to me.

multiple wins a year since 2004. who else besides tiger can claim that?

This isn't about Tiger. This is about how I think Phil is overrated.

Besides, WHEN Tiger does play, he's usually going to be in contention. Phil needs to be more consistent w/ his play to warrant all the attention that he gets.

Read your FIRST POST. YOU brought Tiger up, nobody else. Perhaps when TIger plays he is in contention. But your idol QUIT. He said "whoops, I got caught being a liar, so screw my fans, I QUIT!". Phil played through it AND WON!!!!

Yes I actually do! He's supposed to be a professional athlete, like my examples before if people make him out to be one of the greatest then he can't let things like this bother him while he's playing a GAME that he get's paid MILLIONS to play !
Wow, this explains a lot.

Re: Can We Be Honest About Mickelson Please?

JB said:
Read your FIRST POST. YOU brought Tiger up, nobody else. Perhaps when TIger plays he is in contention. But your idol QUIT. He said "whoops, I got caught being a liar, so screw my fans, I QUIT!". Phil played through it AND WON!!!!

I just got cheesed on for calling tiger his hero.

But seriously, cancer can hit like waves. Maybe she is going through a tough stretch of chemotherapy. No one knows except Phil or Amy. And the fact that he is out there shows how much they respect each others choices. You don't know, I don't know.

Phil is very much the most underrated player in history. Why? Tiger. Tiger is a once in a lifetime player, like JB said. And imagine how much he couldve done without tigers existence. Being #1 does alot for anyones confidence and when yor a tour player with confidence, your dangerous. Tiger has proven that

Ps I have never really been a fan of Phil. And you need to be honest with yourself Nike. Just because tiger ad Phil are said to be foes doesn't mean you should start a thread about phils poor golf game at the moment. If my wife mom or sister was diagnosed with Anything serious I'm not sure that I would even be able to pick up a club. Let alone win on te PGA tour.

Don't ever say winning 15 out of the last 17 years on tour is overrated. His wins span into the 40s I think, and what's tiger got? 60something? He seems pretty good to me.

Weak troll NG

clg82, have you ever dealt with anyone close to you having cancer?

How about you Nikegolf? your wife or mother ever have cancer?

Funny how it suddenly went quiet on this thread... I did not think these were very difficult questions but maybe they are. You two were quite talkative when saying things like cancer and whoring around on ones wife is basically the same thing. Or say cancer is just a minor distraction that someone can easily overcome. I truely feel sorry for you two. Not only are you completley ignorant but you top that by actually showing it over and over again by what you type on the various posts on this site. Like my original post on this site said, you should not need someone to tell you to shut up, you should learn and do it yourelves.

OK I am done..

Troll?

Sorry about the spelling guys I'm on my phone.

From Wiki
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

I.E. NikeGolf

MO_Hacker said:
From Wiki
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

I.E. NikeGolf
Neat thanks.

Troll.

How about you Nikegolf? your wife or mother ever have cancer?

True story. My mother died at age 38 of melonoma.

Any more questions regarding how I feel about cancer?

Or say cancer is just a minor distraction that someone can easily overcome. I truely feel sorry for you two. Not only are you completley ignorant but you top that by actually showing it over and over again by what you type on the various posts on this site. Like my original post on this site said, you should not need someone to tell you to shut up, you should learn and do it yourelves.

OK I am done..
Well said.

NikeGolf said:
True story. My mother died at age 38 of melonoma.

Any more questions regarding how I feel about cancer?

Yes. How good do you have to be to win on the PGATour when someone you love has cancer

Phil is the Real Deal

Phil is the Real Deal

I am a big Phil fan because he has always shown CHARACTER, CLASS, GREAT GOLF SKILLS, and a HUMBLE PERSONALITY. He could have laid the AX on a fellow player recently, for the wedge controversy, however he handled it with CLASS & PROFESSIONALISM. When I first read this thread, I had a belly laugh to even think a real person/persons could make such weird comments about a Hall of Famer Class Golfer. Then it made me angry. Some people enjoy trying to get even about simple things. Simple things that they don't have a fricking clue about! Down in Georgia we have a saying, "don't wake up a sleeping dog" cause he might bite ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back