Asics Gelace shoes...

TurboStang

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.7
Hopefullly this isn't a re-post, but I did a search, and couldn't find any info on here about Asics Gelace golf shoes? I hadn't seen these until yesterday, and was curious if anyone has any experience with them (comfort, stability, etc.) I'm a big fan of their running shoes, and honestly didn't know they even made golf shoes. I've always worn a more traditional brown or brown/white Foot Joy, but these caught my eye.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

I never even knew they made Golf shoes. Im interested as well.

shingo_asics2.jpg

Hopefully JB can get some and review them for us, I've always liked Asics too.

I'd like to pick some up soon, and try them out (providing Mother Nature cooperates).

Retail is $169 for the "Top" line and $129 for the "Tour" line. Not quite sure what all the differences are between the two.

The pink lady ones look nice :good:

I saw these at GG the other day and they looked a little "high" to me. They look nice but unfortunately didn't have time to try them on. I like their running shoes so my assumption is that these would be comfortable as well. Hopefully they'll have wide sizes.

I like the shape of them, and love their running shoes, but the gaudy graphics do nothing for me.

I'm not opposed to the colors, I love bright colors, but I like for my golf shoes to look like golf shoes, and not bassaball shoes. <--Cheech & Chong reference

Wow, I want a pair. White and Silver please. :smile:

What is the price range for these?

I'd like to pick some up soon, and try them out (providing Mother Nature cooperates).

Retail is $169 for the "Top" line and $129 for the "Tour" line. Not quite sure what all the differences are between the two.

One makes you play better :)

But really I love these

I've got a pair of the white/black/silver and even though I've worn them for 3 rounds, I really like them. They're very comfortable. I was confident enough in this that I only took my Asics on vacation a month ago and left my Nike's and Adidas at home. They aren't as low to the ground as my Powerbands but in no way did I feel off balance. I wore some really thin running socks for my 1st 2 rounds so they slipped on my heels a little but wearing normal athletic socks fixed this. My 2nd round in them we played in the rain and there were no issues.

If you like Asics running shoes you'll probably like these. If you like a more athletic looking golf shoe I would highly recommend these.

Back