Callaway Speed Regime Golf Balls Preview - SR1 SR2 & SR3

I played the SR1 yesterday for the first time and have played about 3 rounds with the SR2. My swing speed is 86 with a 6 - iron and 90 - ish with the driver. The SR1 for me was long and straight and I played all 18 without losing a ball. Based on my index and course rating I shot the equivalent of 5 under par. So I'm very impressed with the SR series from Callaway.

Tip Tap on my Samsung G4

Solid round, Rob! The SR series has been really impressive so far. Congrats on the great round!

Played my sleeve of R2's today. Driver, wood, and hybrids, it's insanely long. I hit drives in places where I never hit them, I lost two of them off my hybrid because I could not find them since they weren't in my usual hybrid distance zone. Had trouble with them using irons as they felt like hitting rocks. Wedges were ok. They were a bit softer, but probably due to the metal in my wedges instead of the ball. Really good off the putter. It had rained in the morning and it turned into that misty rain so the greens were wet so a harder ball actually helped out in this case.

I did question the durability since what is pictured below were clean hits, no cart path, no trees, no abuse of any kind except the face of a BiO cell. This was one ball, the other two in the sleeve held up so I think I may have just had a bad ball.

20140508_142754.jpg

20140508_142744.jpg

Overall I feel that this ball is the answer to the Pro V1, but the prices are the same :bad:

Played an SR3 yesterday. I like it much better than the SR2. It's better (straighter) off the tee for me and the spin around the green is nice. I only played it for 8 holes so I can't comment on durability but I do like it a lot. Compares to my B330 really well but time will tell if it will replace it.

It looks like the non-personalized versions of these are included in the 25% off deal at Golf Galaxy (and Dick's I would assume). These at $36 a dozen really isn't too bad.

It looks like the non-personalized versions of these are included in the 25% off deal at Golf Galaxy (and Dick's I would assume). These at $36 a dozen really isn't too bad.
Stuff like this gets me in trouble...still, after going through 27 holes with the same golf ball, I feel kinda comfortable throwing down on a dozen of these.

Picked up a couple of these at a Demo day that a Callaway rep was at. They were pretty awesome out on the course. I was surprised at the amount of spin I was getting!!

I continue to be impressed by the SR3.

This ball will likely be my gamer for a long, long time.

The SR1 is the best ball for my game that I've ever used. It feels so right for me that if I play another ball for a few holes I always pull out the SR1 again because I miss what it does, and doesn't do. What it does if fly long, high and straight. What it doesn't do is go sideways and get lost. With my low 90s driver swing speed and 86 mph 6-iron swing speed, this ball fits right and performs the best out on the course of anything I've played. I'm just so impressed with what Callaway did with this particular ball - their R&D department should be proud.

I wasn't gonna, but I did... Too hard to resist for $38 after tax and free shipping!

I picked up a dozen sr2 yesterday and gamed them today. Very impressed! My SS is low 90s on average. I hit most fairways and the ones I missed were just slightly off due swing mechanics, but those misses were still great misses. I felt I had total control off tees and gained some distance back over the TM your preferreds I was playing previously. I lost 2 due to over the too pulls out if bounds and into a deep cliff.

I thought the performed well around the greens. Checked up nicely in most cases.

Putting took some getting used to. Fast greens today and these were jumping off the face quicker than I was used to with the TM. I 3 putted three times on the front the when I settled in with them I was much better with my speed.

I think I found a new gamer at least for now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I decided to switch to a SR3 from the SR2 I have been playing all year. Made the switch without trying it for a tournament. Went right out and shot a 69 the first time out with it. Continued the good play for the next two days during the Member Guest I was the guest at. It's my new gamer for sure!

Gained some tee shot distance, preferred the flight I was seeing with my irons. The only knock I have is that it's a little firmer around the greens, especially with the sound. On the flip side, the sound I actually like off my putter insert.

For some reason I decided to switch to a SR3 from the SR2 I have been playing all year. Made the switch without trying it for a tournament. Went right out and shot a 69 the first time out with it. Continued the good play for the next two days during the Member Guest I was the guest at. It's my new gamer for sure!

Gained some tee shot distance, preferred the flight I was seeing with my irons. The only knock I have is that it's a little firmer around the greens, especially with the sound. On the flip side, the sound I actually like off my putter insert.
What's your SS?

I need to try the SR3's. I'm mid to upper 90's on SS & wonder what these can add off the tee.

I love what the SR2's offer around the green & hesitate to mess with that.

I gotta say I do love the SR2's, I'm playing some really good golf with them. My distance off my driver, 3 wood and hybrids totally increased and my stopping power on the green is awesome. Very very happy.

I found a couple SR3's and put them in play Sunday. I definitely like them more than the SR2 but I think I still prefer the B330. The B330 seems to be a little more durable and spins a little more around the green but I'm not gonna lie...I think the SR3 is longer off the tee. I lost one of them but I'm gonna keep playing with the one I have left since I'm out of the B330 and we will see how it goes.

Same for me. I'm only about 100-102 but I get better results with the SR3. Side to side movement seemed to be increased with the SR2 for me.

I am the same. The sr3 is just amazing! Before I was a low 80's to upper 70's guy. Now with the sr3 full time I am from 78 to 69. Also my handicap has gone from an 8 to a 4 in less than a month. They are a godsend for my game. Worth every penny.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

All the hype I'm gonna have to try these

I still love the SR2 and 3 but I am just not going to pay 47 a dozen for any ball. But for sure one of my all time favorites

How does the sr2 compare to the chrome plus

More durable, spins more around the green and seems to spin more off the driver.

Also costs twice as much...:)

More durable, spins more around the green and seems to spin more off the driver.

Also costs twice as much...:)

Probably not worth it

The SR2 is definitely more durable & longer off the tee for me. Spin is on par if not slightly better with scoring clubs. Feels softer off the putter than the + did.

Callaway Speed Regime Golf Balls Preview - SR1 SR2 & SR3

Probably not worth it

Hard to tell. I have never gotten thru 18 holes (durability) with one chrome+ but have done it with the SR2. From that aspect it may be worth it as long as the little extra spin off the tee isn't an issue.

Back