Tiger to Return at the Masters

I see your point,but he shouldn't have come out at the masters as his first tournament back. Not fair to the others.This tourney means a ton to all the golfers,it's sacred to them.

For me,I feel he has disrespected us ,by using this as his first. Now, Augusta won't be about Augusta and the masters.It will be about tiger..I'm sorry,but Tiger isn't bigger then Augusta/the masters,which have been around much longer.

JMHO.I'm glad he will be back,just wrong for this one to be his first.

BL,
I think you are right, but at the same time, if he had come back anytime before it, it would still be about him. That is not on him or the Masters, that is on the media and how they choose to cover it. Unfortunately for the Masters, it will be about Tiger.

But to be honest, every tournament he plays in will be about him and really always has been. Remember the British. The story was not the winner, but Tiger and Tom Watson. And taht was before the circus.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't The Masters about Tiger last year? They all survived and they'll survive this too.

I didn't think so. First off,he returned to golf prior to the masters.That's a huge difference.Second,this time around is due to a huge scandal,that will be talked about for years to come.

The masters was about Rocco,Kenny perry and Phil last year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't The Masters about Tiger last year? They all survived and they'll survive this too.

Yes but this time he's returning as an adulterer. (And we all know how rare that is in professional sports)

I'm glad he's coming back, I'm glad it's at the Masters and it'll be great to see him playing again! :thumb:

-JP

I didn't think so. First off,he returned to golf prior to the masters.That's a huge difference.Second,this time around is due to a huge scandal,that will be talked about for years to come.

The masters was about Rocco,Kenny perry and Phil last year.

Really? The entire coverage was about he and Phil making that run. Rocco? I remember a few things about him, but not like Tiger. Remember the front nine on Sunday? It was all Tiger all the time.

Really? The entire coverage was about he and Phil making that run. Rocco? I remember a few things about him, but not like Tiger. Remember the front nine on Sunday? It was all Tiger all the time.

When you're the best in the sport that will happen.......

Edit: I totally agree with you JB

When you're the best in the sport that will happen.......

Umm, that was my exact point in the entire post.
:confused2:

Umm, that was my exact point in the entire post.
:confused2:

LOL I know I agreed with you.......:banghead:

I edited my first post.....

Reactions: JB
I have also enjoyed golf without Tiger. I wonder what he is doing for some warming up.

I have also enjoyed golf without Tiger. I wonder what he is doing for some warming up.

I think I read somewhere that he was meeting with Hank Haney again.....

I think I read somewhere that he was meeting with Hank Haney again.....

For him I guess that would be the most logical start. I assume he is getting some practice rounds in here and there. Maybe winning for Tiger at the Masters isn't his greatest concern, but rather just to get started playing again. I can't see him winning without any tournament practice.

I remember Phil more so then tiger.Tiger never really got it going.Phil was on fire only to blow it on the par 3 and then sizzle to the end

For him I guess that would be the most logical start. I assume he is getting some practice rounds in here and there. Maybe winning for Tiger at the Masters isn't his greatest concern, but rather just to get started playing again. I can't see him winning without any tournament practice.

I would have thought that he would have done a tournament before the masters to knock the cobweb's off......

I remember Phil more so then tiger.Tiger never really got it going.Phil was on fire only to blow it on the par 3 and then sizzle to the end

Im trying to upload some video of it. The shots are of Tiger & Phil. The commentators are ONLY talking about Tiger and if he can pull off the miracle comeback.

I personally am looking forward to his return. It will be incredible to watch how the dynamics play out and I am looking forward to seeing how Tiger will deal with all the different facets. My guess is he will come back stronger than ever, seeking redemption while at the same time having something to prove. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t condone what he did but I do believe in forgiveness and redemption if deserved. Only time will tell if it is deserved or not.

Im trying to upload some video of it. The shots are of Tiger & Phil. The commentators are ONLY talking about Tiger and if he can pull off the miracle comeback.

I remember that too. There was a lot of anticipation.

I think it's a great time for him to come back for the same reasons many don't want to see it. No doubt the coverage will be all about him as always, yet on an even grander level if thats possible. May even take some of the starch out of any negitive coverage over the rest of the year. Especially if he does well.

Anybody else think that it will be the most watched golf tournament ever?

i'll be interested to see how many people tune in to watch "tiger's return", er ah, the masters. ratings will be through the roof and that's always good for golf.

Biggest to date for sure. I also think Tiger will come out swinging well. But, will he talk to the media between rounds?

I don't know what would possibly give you that idea. :D

An ESPN "golf expert" (couldn't remember his name lol) said that it will bring golf back from being just a niche`, to a reputable sport once again. And that three types of people will watch , the regular golf watchers (us), the golfers that only watched to watch Tiger (Nikegolf:D) and the TMZ crowd who will only watch to see the drama (if any) unfold!

highest.ratings.ever

An ESPN "golf expert" (couldn't remember his name lol) said that it will bring golf back from being just a niche`, to a reputable sport once again. And that three types of people will watch , the regular golf watchers (us), the golfers that only watched to watch Tiger (Nikegolf:D) and the TMZ crowd who will only watch to see the drama (if any) unfold!

Just to clear that up. I watch golf regardless if Tiger's there or not.

Obviously, I want him there, but I'm a golf fan first and foremost.

I haven't missed watching at least one or two days of every ladies tournament so far this year either.

Back