Perry has No Problem Being Paired w/ Tiger

NikeGolf

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
And he shouldn't. He is going to play his game and worry about nothing else but his game.

And he shouldn't. He is going to play his game and worry about nothing else but his game.
Way easier said than done I'm sure.

W/ all of the EXTRA attention on Woods, that's easier said than done. Many golfers probably wouldn't be able to do it, or want to even try.

I believe Perry is one of the few who probably can.

Of course he said it. I challenge you to find one person (a golfer who will be playing that week at Augusta) who would say they don't want to play with Tiger at The Masters/couldn't handle playing in The Masters with Tiger.

He wasn't going to say anything but that.

Of course he said it. I challenge you to find one person (a golfer who will be playing that week at Augusta) who would say they don't want to play with Tiger at The Masters/couldn't handle playing in The Masters with Tiger.

He wasn't going to say anything but that.

Fair point, but I think Kenny went above and beyond in this case.

And it means a bit more for a veteran of his stature saying it.

Hence the article written about it.

I didn't think the golfers got to pick who they got paired with

I wish the USGA guys were in charge of the pairings. They have a sense of humor and mischievous intentions, if anyone has read Feinstein's books.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I heard talk about some players being asked if they wanted to be paired with Tiger due to all the bruhaha.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I heard talk about some players being asked if they wanted to be paired with Tiger due to all the bruhaha.

Since the Masters' officials made the pairings, instead of a random draw, I guess that could happen. I figured they'd just make their selections and players would just have to play their game.

Do you think the company who sponsors whoever is paired with Tiger will be excited? I would imagine they would be since their staff bag would get lots of TV time, or do you think they will only show Tiger and then move onto another group?

Do you think the company who sponsors whoever is paired with Tiger will be excited? I would imagine they would be since their staff bag would get lots of TV time, or do you think they will only show Tiger and then move onto another group?
It will most likely just be Tiger unless his playing partner is sniffing the top of the leaderboard. Last year when Letzig was paired with him in the final group (IIRC) at the Buick we didn't see him until the 18th when he putted out.

It will most likely just be Tiger unless his playing partner is sniffing the top of the leaderboard. Last year when Letzig was paired with him in the final group (IIRC) at the Buick we didn't see him until the 18th when he putted out.

I was thinking the same thing...we talk about this on the radio show that went up today. It seems like this is going to be all Tiger all day.

so I guess it doesn't matter if anyone is OK with being paired with Tiger or not then

Probably the most intelligent thing said about this whole situation since it happened!

This is gonna suck. I'm tired of the ammount of Tiger coverage there is during tournaments.

He's a very classy guy :)

(Kenny Perry!)

This is gonna suck. I'm tired of the ammount of Tiger coverage there is during tournaments.

I'm tired of the amount of Tiger coverage during tournaments when he's not playing...

There's only so much you can take hearing about one thing over and over... whether it's Tiger, Being John Daly, The Haney Project etc...

LOL then don't watch!:banghead:

Back