I went with this setting:

Settings with sidestones for Diamond Engagement Rings

but with a radiant cut diamond that is only .7ct but of higher quality cut and color. I almost went with a leo diamond but the premium for it was not worth the extra glimmer.

That is good advice Solitude as I pretty much did as you recommended.

She has seen the movie blood diamond actually and we both really like it. However, she generally doesnt like diamonds. I usually get her rocks like azzurite or malachite. So I thought I could get her One diamond.

It's beautiful! And good choice going with quality over size that is a mistake I think a lot of people make. They just want the biggest rock they can afford but when it comes to diamonds its more about the quality.

You might want to bring tissues because she will most likely be crying when you surprise her with the ring.

quick update, I proposed on sunday on the cruise boat that we took to the bahamas and did as suggested and put it in a glass of champagne. She was so shocked to see a ring at the bottom of the glass! I think I did good too cause she can't stop looking at it. we have absoluetly zero plans of when we want to get married as we both are out of college in May and dont want to worry about it until after that.

P.S. Dont ever go on Norwegian cruise lines and the service was TERRIBLE! The food was AWFUL, and the quality of the facilities was sub par in my opinion. The other two lines i have been on were Celebrity and Princess of the Sea for comparison

Ill agree on the cruise line. Norwegian is up there with Carnival as the worst. They are great until you have been on nicer ships and then it is a real challenge.

Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations!! That is such wonderful news! The minute you get married everyone wants to know when the wedding is, and then you get married and they want to know when the babies are coming....take your time and just enjoy each other.

Yea it was really nice how it all happened. the best part about it though was I had to convince her that I was worried i was starting to get a drinking problem cause of the fact that she wanted to open the champagne early.....i had to hold her off somehow until i could get a chance to get the ring in the glass....

p.s. I dont have a drinking problem. haha

Yea it was really nice how it all happened. the best part about it though was I had to convince her that I was worried i was starting to get a drinking problem cause of the fact that she wanted to open the champagne early.....i had to hold her off somehow until i could get a chance to get the ring in the glass....

p.s. I dont have a drinking problem. haha

Your getting married....You will soon. I kid I kid...

Back