What is Your Favorite Tour Event?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Could end up being the MOJO6, LPGA, but still, this could become something.

Thainer, this is the radio question and is about the PGA. We limited it because we have a show on the LPGA coming up soon.

No problem, when all special events/majors aside, like the ryder and presidents cup, I really like the way the players handle the players championship. They seem to consider it a fifth major, and the respect they have for the event is exciting to watch. Especially with 16/17/18.

My favorite to watch yearly is the Players Championship, followed closely by the US Open. I do love to watch the Ryder Cup every two years, that is alot of fun to watch and have a team competition.

As of right now I would have to say the US Open. The courses that they play on are set up so hard and it is great to see the pros have bad days and not shoot -8 in a round. Even par to win makes them seem more human. Plus it could be here in WI in 2017 at Erin Hills. 8000 + yards what a beast.

For me it’s The Masters followed by the British Open (I love watching live golf at 7am in the morning). For non-majors I really like the Phoenix Open. To me the 16th hole is great; nothing like it in all of golf.

The Masters. I get chills when I hear that music and see the gorgeous golf course, all of the tradition of that place just makes me fall in love with every aspect of it. I know it borders on cheesy but there is just something about Augusta and The Masters that does it for me every time, there are so many story lines and so much history that I just can't get enough of. I always DVR the weekend coverage and watch it periodically throughout the rest of the year, eventually I'll delete Saturday's but I always keep Sunday's coverage as long as I can.

I still have VHS taped recording the 2001 Masters where it was Duval, Mickelson, and Tiger battling it out down the stretch with Tiger ultimately winning to complete the Tiger Slam. That is my all time favorite Masters.

Every year there is just so much going on and we know the course so well now that we know where birdies are and where there are sure to be lead changes and drama around every corner. The roars you hear while they are showing player XYZ, you know when it's a eagle roar and when it's a Tiger roar and you can't wait for them to say, "and this just a moment ago" as you get to see what happened. Nothing gets me more excited than watching the Masters, I have always said that I'd take the Masters over the Super Bowl any day.

Masters, period. Nothing quite like it in the world. It truly is "a tradition unlike any other".

Masters. No equal for me.

For me, it's the U.S. open, followed by the Masters. I love to see the best in the world struggle to shoot par over four rounds in the U.S. Open, and I love to see those same pros make incredible putts in Augusta.

The "Masters" and now that I have actually been there (2009 on Sunday...PING victory)...I have an even greater appreciation for the course and the traditions...I also have a different perspective of certain holes as TV does not show the true beauty or undulation of Augusta National...second to none.

PS My second favorite which I know you only asked for my favorite but I have got to mention it is the US Open because it has a rich Amateur history and it is friggin HARD to play even for the best in the world!

The Masters followed closely by The British Open

The U S OPen by far the best for me.Toughest conditions

Toss up between the Masters and the British.

U.S. Open, and I can't wait for it to be played at Chambers Bay.

U.S. Open, and I can't wait for it to be played at Chambers Bay.

Isn't that where you, your husband and Harry played? My friend and co-worker played there last Fall - he said it was beautiful but tough!

Isn't that where you, your husband and Harry played? My friend and co-worker played there last Fall - he said it was beautiful but tough!

Yup, and totally agree. It chewed us up and spat us out, but we had a blast.

I love watching all the majors but to me the Masters is my favorite. First major of the year and is at least to me the nicest course. Outside of the majors I like the Players Championship. Great field and also a nice course. My favorite moment watching golf was when Freddie got the eagle at 16 and birdie at 17 to win the Players.

It's not a big event, but i enjoy the Verison Heratige. (sorry if i spelled that wrong) I like it because it's close to where I live and it's easy to meet some great golfers and get some pretty cool autographs!

Ryder Cup, by far.

After the Olympics I have difficulty taking any other sporting event seriously. Lasts at least a month. Same dynamic with the Ryder Cup. Smart move to hold it late in the season.

Excluding the Ryder Cup whichis my favorite event I like whichever event is on the most intersting course in any given year. This year however we probably have the best group of courses I can ever remember having in a single year year. Pebble, St. Andrews and Whistling Straights and of coarse Augusta. That being said I will probably enjoy watching the PGA at Whistling Straights this year most of all.

I would echo everyone's sentiments on the Masters being my favorite. Outside the majors, the season opener at Kapalua is special to me since I played the Plantation Course a few years ago.

Back