Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my first reflex after that comment would of been to punch him in the face.

That's why we love you Gasman. You're a man of so few words.

That's why we love you Gasman. You're a man of so few words.

I had to go back and look. It sounded like MO at first! hehehe

Someone negged you for having an opinion or for citing what you've heard and were too cowardly to leave their name? :bad: It's been my experience that most of the members respect each other's opinions regardless of experience, playing ability, or gender, so I - and I'm sure others on this forum are disappointed.

I've seen it too Diane. I don't know why some men are so insecure that they feel threatened by a woman commenting on PGA players, equipment, or how to play the game. I think however, that it's a small majority of the men on this forum.

It's sad that some guys have those issues Diane. I think that a majority of the men on this forum have no issues with women though. Those men, myself included, can see through the smoke and mirrors and know which ones have issues with the women on this forum. I agree - it's sad and speaks to a bigger problem in their lives. Just my 2 cents.

I get this too every once in a while, but I thought here would be different. Someone had let me know that I'm a twit :) Why...thank you!!

Another reason why I'm not on my car forum anymore, its MUCH worse :angry:

I get this too every once in a while, but I thought here would be different. Someone had let me know that I'm a twit :) Why...thank you!!

I got called "hunny." Do you think the guy is a Winnie-the-Pooh fan or just can't spell?

I agree about the car forums. They can be vicious!

I hate when inconsiderate individuals are on a teleconference and hit the hold button. My distance learning course is now waiting for this person to return to the conversation because we cannot proceed due to the cheesy music/recording. ARG!!! :angry:

I hate when inconsiderate individuals are on a teleconference and hit the hold button. My distance learning course is now waiting for this person to return to the conversation because we cannot proceed due to the cheesy music/recording. ARG!!! :angry:

Ooooh I hate that too!!! Some people just don't know the difference between hold and mute.

Ooooh I hate that too!!! Some people just don't know the difference between hold and mute.

The worst part is that he is a national leader and they were heavily preaching not to do this when beginning this morning.

I can testify. For months, every teleconference I was on had that happen. They even gave out e-mail instructions how to hit a series of buttons to mute and unmute the phones so that didn't happen. Still, some people obviously cannot take instruction well.

I've got one better. I was on a conference call and one guy was at home and his child started to cry. Instead of muting his line or excusing himself from the call - he decided to smack the child, which we all heard. His boss was also on the call and I'm convinced that affected his career. He left the company soon after that call.

I've got one better. I was on a conference call and one guy was at home and his child started to cry. Instead of muting his line or excusing himself from the call - he decided to smack the child, which we all heard. His boss was also on the call and I'm convinced that affected his career. He left the company soon after that call.

Haha, Gasmam works from home so she is always on conference calls. They all pretty much know Lulu by now. Even if she locks her out of the office they can all still hear her howl.

*6 is the universal muting procedure. i once tried to cover the mouthpiece with my hand, that didn't work out so well.

Haha, Gasmam works from home so she is always on conference calls. They all pretty much know Lulu by now. Even if she locks her out of the office they can all still hear her howl.

I have the boys here too. I've discovered that most people tolerate dogs, but not crying children. I only have one client who dislikes the dogs so when he calls - I lock them out of my office too.

Wowsers! You win!

*6 is the universal muting procedure. i once tried to cover the mouthpiece with my hand, that didn't work out so well.

Yep, we were instructed to use *6. I am lucky to have a phone where I can press Function 1 and turn off the microphone without the noise of pressing buttons.

I wear a wireless headset and I can mute the headset without setting off the music on hold. People would be so surprised to know what I was actually doing while trying to stay awake through these teleconferences. In my experience, a camel is a horse designed by a committee, probably a committee on a teleconference.

Jury duty. Nough said.

I think 20 bucks a day, GC, at least in my county. Your employer usually pays the difference. At least I always got my regular pay when I was on Jury Duty.

Baby Sacul slept for 4 hours total last night, up for 1 1/2 hour incriments crying.... He's going to the doctor in a few hours... poor guy

I think 20 bucks a day, GC, at least in my county. Your employer usually pays the difference. At least I always got my regular pay when I was on Jury Duty.

We don't get paid for jury duty, per se, we still get our regular salaries.

Same here.

I believe Smallie was saying that his employer paid his regular salary minus the stipend/mileage that he received from the government for being on jury duty. That's what he meant by being paid for jury duty.

Baby Sacul slept for 4 hours total last night, up for 1 1/2 hour incriments crying.... He's going to the doctor in a few hours... poor guy

i hate to hear that. we've had our sleepless nights in the past year or so. i hope everything's ok with the little one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back