Looky lookey what came in from....Bobby Grace! The Triumph is my new flatstick!

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
So...after much drama and ado that I will fill in later...I came home today expecting a package...just not this one yet, I was thinking it would be my VooDoo (Thanks again THP and Aldila:banana:), alas, it was not. Instead, it was this...

DSC_0010.jpg

Now, let me preface by explaining whats in the background lol...my putter ho'ing (in front of the Brett Favre portrait might I add). We have an MK5 GT-MOI Bobby Grace, a Blue Goose center shaft I'm refinishing, a Snake Eyes SV1 8802 style, a PING Anser 2, a Bobby Grace Face-Off, a SunsetBeach Yaupon (thought it was love...may have been lust), a Bobby Grace Mac DCT Sanibel (under-rated putters!), and a SeeMore FGP2w. Yes...I'm a ho. BUT, as you can tell I've tried all different styles and thanks to the SeeMore, discovered that after much time making fun of them, center-shafted putters just fit me and my stroke (go-figure).

The SeeMore helped fix my stroke and feels GREAT but I felt like I just needed something with a little more heft, if you know what I'm saying. From there the option was go SB1 (and I literally almost did) but I remembered how much I LOVE the DCT insert on my BG Sanibel and thought, lets see what Bobby Grace has got. I saw the Triumph and hell in love. After communicating with Bobby himself (awesome!) I thought this HIGH-MOI machine could be the one for me, but first I thought I'd experiment with a BG MK5 center shaft and see how that went. I loved it but needed the HSM insert, so, my order was placed.

Without further ado...coming in at 33.5"...my Bobby Grace Triumph Center-Shaft HIGH (and I meant HIGH) MOI putter!

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

I love this thing, the HSM feels so dang good (only insert I've ever liked) and is ULTRA forgiving, not to mention the high-MOI makes it feel unlike anything I've ever used before. The grip is an imitation snakeskin that's a more like a midsize grip and feels fantastic!

I plan to update my goings on with this beauty in this thread as I've averaged 34 putts so far this season, so we shall see!

I know its looks aren't for everyone, but, I myself LOVE it! :banana:

J

Sweet looking stick!

that grip is awesome!

• Staff
  • Staff
Haha, I was actually digging to post those up right now JB! Seriously!

All I can say is that the HSM really does work and though it may be a bit soft for some, the feedback and correction is great IMHO.

Bobby is a pleasure to deal with and is easy to contact and will get back in touch and stay in touch with you to get you what you want and need.

(PS...any way we can get a Bobby Grace smiley/tag/thing to go in WITB's? Just curious lol)

You can add it to the tech section or PM Hacker for that. I am not sure how to do it, but he is a whiz at that stuff.

Here is my Bobby Grace.

657669985_jG5Hx-L-1.jpg

657670227_XjP9u-L-1.jpg

• Staff
You can add it to the tech section or PM Hacker for that. I am not sure how to do it, but he is a whiz at that stuff.

Here is my Bobby Grace.

657669985_jG5Hx-L-1.jpg

657670227_XjP9u-L-1.jpg

Just gorgeous.

If only I could putt worth a crap with a plumbers neck lol

I would putt better with yours too Jman. This one was a gift to GG and myself from Bobby.

Wow that is a pretty putter JB. I never knew BG made such nice looking sticks!

Nice putter J Man. Did I miss it or did you post pics of those other putters you are hiding.

Nice putter J Man. Did I miss it or did you post pics of those other putters you are hiding.

Thanks!

Nah, just felt I needed to do some explaining since they are all in the background of the first picture.

I figure I've got a good 1-2 now with this as my gamer and my FGP2w to come out when I need a little swing tune up.

Congrats Jman!

Congrats Jman!

Many thanks, I'm quite fond of it.

Going to walk as many as I can after track practice today, so, more to come tonight I hope!

This is a nice looking putter, nice shaft, club face, head cover, everything!!

Has this company been out for a while? :confused2:

And the price was good too!

Bobby has been around forever. His first big one was "The Fat Lady Swngs" and then the "Amazing Grace" etc. etc. etc.

Alot of wins and ALOT of major names have lpayed his stuff. Went through periods of association with Cobra and MacGregor as well...the link should provide mroe insight than I can.

History | Bobby Grace Putters

I love Bobby's stuff! Obviously lol

Very clever names... :)

And the price was good too!

Bobby has been around forever. His first big one was "The Fat Lady Swngs" and then the "Amazing Grace" etc. etc. etc.

Alot of wins and ALOT of major names have lpayed his stuff. Went through periods of association with Cobra and MacGregor as well...the link should provide mroe insight than I can.

History | Bobby Grace Putters

I love Bobby's stuff! Obviously lol

That is a really really nice looking putter. Have to say I have never heard of the brand, never mind actually seeing one. Love to try one out though.

There is a video interview with him in this thread.

Well, the greens are finally recovered quite a bit from aeration and the Triumph has been fun so far, its my first foray into a truly High-MOI putter so the feel has taken some getting used to but the HSM insert is as good as I remember.

I did however cut down my SeeMore FGP2 (was 35.5...what the heck?) to 33" with a oversized Iomic so it has some competition lol. I just love the Grace though.

So....12 grams of lead tape after cutting my FGP2 down to 33" has, indoors at least, made it point and shoot. Interesting battle for bag time coming up...perhaps.

Craziness.

Back