The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is listening to this lady give a presentation, which she was remote, and she keeps stuttering. It's not like anyone was sitting in front of you when you recorded this. So disconnected with this right now and returned to THPing

I'll be traveling out to Pittsburgh the week of the 21st for work, the going by our Cleveland office. Fly from Here, to Portland, to Phoenix, then to Pittsburgh. Then from Pittsburgh, to DETROIT, then to Cleveland....o_0 Then Cleveland to Vegas, Vegas to here...going to be a long week between all the meetings and stuff and the airports.

Got an email from Norton today. Automatic renewal at the end of the month, but didn't list a price. Went online to check and noticed that they are currently selling Norton 360 for $49.99. My renewal? $79.99.

Why do I get screwed out of $30 for staying loyal to the product? At any rate, I cancelled my automatic renewal. May buy new (for $49.99) or go with another option now.

Exact same thing happened to me. Except I didn't catch it until after thy billed my card.

It was a very quick and easy call to get the credit and she took my account off auto renewal.

But I still thought it was a bit shady to do that. I guess thus hope enough people won't compare the renewal price to the new subscription prices.
I will not use Norton Utilities for anything. When I get a new computer, it always comes bundled with it and the first thing I do is get rid of it.

I saw one of our neighbors unloading massive amounts of fireworks from his truck this afternoon. The same neighbors performed what I assume was a reenactment of the bombardment of Iwo Jima last year. I just heard the first salvo, and my dog is not digging this. I suspect it will go on all weekend for several hours each day. I don't have anything against fireworks, but last year was miserable, and they appear to be armed for a repeat. I am gonna have to take our dog to my in-laws.
Doggie downers.

More of a bummer than rant.

Had to turn down an invite from T2Green18 to play Sunday at one of my favorite courses.

My supervisor gave me the lead on a super hot topic and I can't get it working correctly. Basically we have to create custom labels, policies, and configurations for our employees to access our Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution and I went ahead and created the labels and etc., but they're not working correctly during my initial field testing....AHHHH. I'll get it working, just gotta step back and take some time. No need to rush it, yet.

Exact same thing happened to me. Except I didn't catch it until after thy billed my card.

It was a very quick and easy call to get the credit and she took my account off auto renewal.

But I still thought it was a bit shady to do that. I guess thus hope enough people won't compare the renewal price to the new subscription prices.
Spoke to a Norton representative last night through Facebook. He said it's a known issue and that I should just cancel my auto-renewal (I had already done so) and buy the product new. He said he'd forward my complaint up to marketing (or whomever) as they're looking at a loyalty incentive and that hopefully my comments would strengthen the case for such. At any rate, happy they got back to me. Perhaps FB is good for something after all!

Perhaps FB is good for something after all!

Ha ha. Yeah, I used to never go on it, but a lot if the golf companies are using it for cool contests and giveaways. So it has that going for it :)

Couple I'll throw out there

1. I'm at the office
2. The plants my wife bought are being delivered today
3. Above referenced wife is expecting said plants to be planted this weekend
4. Said wife is allergic to a shovel
5. This is not going to be fun

Work related: DNA contamination. For a molecular biologist this is like your lab having the plague. You can't do anything until you eliminate the source of the contamination, and the source could be one of a dozen things. Time to purge and start over. I hate starting over.

I just got tagged at the weight station for inspection FML such a pain in the a$$

My supervisor gave me the lead on a super hot topic and I can't get it working correctly. Basically we have to create custom labels, policies, and configurations for our employees to access our Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution and I went ahead and created the labels and etc., but they're not working correctly during my initial field testing....AHHHH. I'll get it working, just gotta step back and take some time. No need to rush it, yet.

Hope it's a quick fix

Work related: DNA contamination. For a molecular biologist this is like your lab having the plague. You can't do anything until you eliminate the source of the contamination, and the source could be one of a dozen things. Time to purge and start over. I hate starting over.

That's awful

my pup at it again! we are gonna have to work with the meds a bit... seeing the vet tomorrow

My wife and I can't get out of the US to Europe. Flight cancelled last night, flight today cancelled, on hold with United now.

my pup at it again! we are gonna have to work with the meds a bit... seeing the vet tomorrow

Sorry to hear this Martin. Hopefully the vet will be able to make the necessary adjustments.

Oh no!! Sorry to hear man, I hope you guys can get things under control.

Just found out I have to be onsite at a client in Brooklyn New York 7/14. There goes my last week of full time prep I had set aside. Luckily I found a golf course nearby so the clubs will be making another traveling experience.

Just found out I have to be onsite at a client in Brooklyn New York 7/14. There goes my last week of full time prep I had set aside. Luckily I found a golf course nearby so the clubs will be making another traveling experience.

that cost you one of your vacations?

Nope just in the middle of them. #hotelsleeping

I may be working in NYC that week. No clue how long you're going to be there, but I'll let you know for sure next week.

I may be working in NYC that week. No clue how long you're going to be there, but I'll let you know for sure next week.

Definitely. Since you can't swing we can get drinks. Let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back