Arnold Palmer Invitational [spoliers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
stacked field this week at one of my favorite tourneys. let's go phil!

• Admin
We just got word that Vijay Singh has pulled out of this weeks tournament again with a bad back.

We just got word that Vijay Singh has pulled out of this weeks tournament again with a bad back.

whatever he needs to do to prep for the majors. too bad, but Id love to see him in full form at augusta

See, even pros shoot 10's.

-Shot Tracker image of Mike Keymont's par-5 6th hole.

In a friendly wager with a guy at work I took Goosen. I like my chances, but if I really had to put some coin on the line I think I'd take Hunter Mahan.

In a friendly wager with a guy at work I took Goosen. I like my chances, but if I really had to put some coin on the line I think I'd take Hunter Mahan.

I hope you're right too for the sake of my fantasy team.

See, even pros shoot 10's.

-Shot Tracker image of Mike Keymont's par-5 6th hole.

How on earth did he manage this? How did shot three end up in the drink? I just can't figure out for the life of me how that would/could happen. :confused2:

How on earth did he manage this? How did shot three end up in the drink? I just can't figure out for the life of me how that would/could happen. :confused2:

According to PGA website:

Keymont hit his first tee shot into the water on the 524-yard dogleg left hole, his next tee shot out of bounds and finally found the green in eight before two-putting from 10 feet.

Of course Keymont isn't the only one to have made a mess of the hole. John Daly famously made an 18 there in 1998 after pumping six balls into the water.

According to PGA website:

Keymont hit his first tee shot into the water on the 524-yard dogleg left hole, his next tee shot out of bounds and finally found the green in eight before two-putting from 10 feet.

Of course Keymont isn't the only one to have made a mess of the hole. John Daly famously made an 18 there in 1998 after pumping six balls into the water.

That makes more sense. The picture just doesn't capture what actually happened I guess. Still incredible.

All of a sudden I feel better about my game! :D

Did anyone else hear that? Phil shot a 58 in a casual round. Didn't hear what course, but it included 14 birdies.

Did anyone else hear that? Phil shot a 58 in a casual round. Didn't hear what course, but it included 14 birdies.

i heard it as well dent but i can't remember the name of the course either. i want to say the pacific club or something like that.

he's not off to a great start today though.

I'm watching Arnold Palmer commenting on the Arnold Palmer while drinking an Arnold Palmer. Only the king.

i heard it as well dent but i can't remember the name of the course either. i want to say the pacific club or something like that.

Better than Camilo who put up a wonderful 77

Better than Camilo who put up a wonderful 77

ouch! what happened to him? you can't help but wonder if perhaps he's tired or something? his form's been awesome so far.

He's -2 thru 12, tied for 13th. He's whipping up on Watney right now, which is all I care about, hehehe (ESPN Streak game!)

He's -2 thru 12, tied for 13th. He's whipping up on Watney right now, which is all I care about, hehehe (ESPN Streak game!)

NICE! thanks for the update smalls. hopefully i can catch the late night coverage after the fam hits the sack.

ouch! what happened to him? you can't help but wonder if perhaps he's tired or something? his form's been awesome so far.
It's because he took a week off! He does BETTER as his schedule gets more grueling.

Big dissapointment for Camillo out there. I'm very happy to see Weir up there though. Lets try to avoid the 3rd round blowup Mike.

Yep, love seeing Weir up there.
Loving the play of JB Holmes too as of late.
There always seems to be at least one Cobra guy on the first page of the leaderboard this year - not bad when there are basically only 3 on tour!

saw that too and it was priceless

I'm watching Arnold Palmer commenting on the Arnold Palmer while drinking an Arnold Palmer. Only the king.

Does anyone know what shoes Ryan Moore is sporting? Those things look like my old tennis sneakers that I tied at the laces and hung on an old power line.

my man phil put up a decent number today. started out shaky but turned it on from about 8 on.

Back