Help with GF swing

Buddyjay

Reaction score
My girl friend has only been playing since last summer. She has a very nice swing, especially her follow through. But like most beginners, she has a habit of swaying back off the ball. She does come back to the original position but she also dips down at impact.
She tops the ball a lot and sometimes wiffs because she is trying to lift the ball. It's uncanny how she will dip down at impact and yet pull up and top the ball.
We have tried keeping her head still and trying to just rotate around the spine, but this problem is now habit.
Are there any drills or suggestions. I can supply video if needed. She has had a few lessons (and needs more) but that is not possible at the moment.

Buddy have her do some work inside to get comfortable with the new moves. To get rid of the sway set a chair up against her right leg when she is in her setup. As she turns to the top have her feel her leg slide along the back of the chair as she turns to the top instead of the sway back. If possible a mirror is a big help. If she can see the big dip down at the ball she will have a better understanding of what you are trying to tell her. Keep at it and let me know if there is more that I can do to help.

I'm having the EXACT same problem with my wife's swing right now.

Andy, do I place the chair behind her leg, or to the side of her leg?

Put the chair to the outside of the right leg. This way she can make a full turn and make sure she maintains contact with the chair to the top.

Back