MacGregor Launch Coming Soon

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THis arrived in the mail today. We are excited about the new launch.

822596126_Yv5dy-L.jpg

822595984_RTpph-L.jpg

822596053_728ut-L.jpg

hmm, that's interesting. doesn't greg norman have a lot to do with this company?

hmm, that's interesting. doesn't greg norman have a lot to do with this company?

I think he sold it to Golfsmith. I will be interested to see what they come out with. I have a NVG2 driver as my back up/travel driver. I also used one of their hybrids for a while.

• Admin
This company is owned by GolfSmith now and we look forward to seeing what they come out with.

cool - my first set were MacGregor... can't see me ditching the CCI's right now but you never know!

JB are they releasing golf balls too?

• Admin
I wish I could answer that. My guess, is yes, they are. A golfsmith brand most likely similar to the way others have their own house brand available only at certain stores. But I really do not know. This golf ball is marked MacGregor and then says VIP (for media kit).

Interesting, I thought they were dead. My entire bag is MacG except for wedges and putter, though I do have a DCT putter kicking around.

I'll be curious to see how the new stuff stacks up.

That's a pretty cool box setup, even comes with a hat/ball marker too :good:

I thought it was golf ball they were launching. So its a whole new company? Look forward to seeing what they bring to the table.

I like the artificial divot they shipped....much better than bubble wrap

So it is for the clubs/equipment then...I, too, thought it was for new golf balls coming out :laughing:

I love the MacGregor logo on the golf ball...looks very retro. Of course, I still have my grandfather's Jack Nicklaus/MacGregor Irons in the garage.

good to see the McGregor name in Golfcircles again,
I grew up playing McGregor and Ryder clubs.

I play MacGregor irons right now and I really like them. It will be interesting to see what their new line of products is like.

I just got a job at Golfsmith so I'm kind of interested to see it as well. In training today I believe they said they hadn't launched it but I could be wrong.

I just got a job at Golfsmith so I'm kind of interested to see it as well. In training today I believe they said they hadn't launched it but I could be wrong.

Where? The closest one is in Illinois, at least on their website.

I would really like to see them bring back the Tourney forged blade. What a truly classic club with sleek lines and mimimal but elegant markings.

Great to see the MacGregor name back. When I was younger, it was always a line that I really liked the look of.

Where? The closest one is in Illinois, at least on their website.

They are getting ready to open one by 119th and Metcalf. It's in the old Circuit City location so it's going to be huge. (30,000 square feet) The soft opening is the 13th of April and the Grand Opening is the 30th. Feel free to come check it out.

Back