Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby Sacul slept for 4 hours total last night, up for 1 1/2 hour incriments crying.... He's going to the doctor in a few hours... poor guy

Sorry to hear sacul, hope the little one gets better soon.

You're all done :) :wavey:

Yes! My rant on this is how people around here already had her convicted. I heard the case and the prosecution did not convince any of the 12 that she did it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I'm on the board of our town's educational foundation. For 25 years, it has raised money to supplement the district's budget. We've funded some very cool stuff. As budgets get tighter, we've been called on to fund more of the meat & potatoes, along with the extras. We're lucky to have great public schools.

We had our big fundraiser Saturday night and raised almost $100,000. That sounds fabulous, right? Except that two weeks ago the state announced we will be getting ZERO state money this coming year (and probably thereafter). Basically, we're being punished for having succeeded. We're losing $2.6 million, which makes that $100,000 seem very small indeed.

Boo Girl is learning to play Kumbaya on the cello. I had to listen. My biggest fear is that this will be performed at the spring concert--that's painful enough as it is.

there's a flask for that :act-up:

Boo Girl is learning to play Kumbaya on the cello. I had to listen. My biggest fear is that this will be performed at the spring concert--that's painful enough as it is.

Someone hacked into an old email account of mine and sent a virus to everyone in my contacts. I almost never use that email address and most of the people that were in the contacts are people I haven't talked to in years so it's not really that big of a deal but still pretty annoying. How does that happen?

I hate printers. Our entire magazine run was scheduled to be done today and arrive at the shipping house and here tomorrow morning. Well now it seems taht they had a complete meltdown with their offset printer. We are only going to get half the run tomorrow morning and the other half Monday evening. Normally it would not be that big of a deal for us, however we have sold far more than half of the copies and there is an article in the Masters Preview that is fairly time sensitive. Nobody wants to read a preview of something that is already going on.

But in the end, what can we do, its too late to go to another printer obviously and we have already paid them THOUSANDS of dollars for the work. Its like our hands are completely tied. We just hope that it comes in time and that everybody likes the issue that we put out.

I hate printers. Our entire magazine run was scheduled to be done today and arrive at the shipping house and here tomorrow morning. Well now it seems taht they had a complete meltdown with their offset printer. We are only going to get half the run tomorrow morning and the other half Monday evening. Normally it would not be that big of a deal for us, however we have sold far more than half of the copies and there is an article in the Masters Preview that is fairly time sensitive. Nobody wants to read a preview of something that is already going on.

But in the end, what can we do, its too late to go to another printer obviously and we have already paid them THOUSANDS of dollars for the work. Its like our hands are completely tied. We just hope that it comes in time and that everybody likes the issue that we put out.

big old fat bummer, but it happens. as for me, i'll enjoy the issue irregardless of the minor setback, and remember, it's just a minor setback but annoying nonetheless.

I hate working for the man. So frustrated with the job and the whole job outlook right now.

I hate working for the man. So frustrated with the job and the whole job outlook right now.

I am sorry Kevin. Try not to think about the job instead think about blue sunny skies and a gorgeous golf course in Florida...it's just around the corner :smile:

She's got a point :clapp:

That's unacceptable. I think the printers owe you major compensation. They know they're printing a magazine and it's time sensitive. If they can't deliver - then they should have a Plan B to ensure they meet your deadline.

i hate duke. watching their fans try to celebrate a national championship is sad.

I hate Fedex.

I ordered a Nike Method Feb. 1st, and it finally shipped March 25th. It arrived March 29th... at the wrong address. The person at that address even signed for the package, EVEN though it had MY name and address on the shipping label. WHAT?!

I called Fedex cust. service the following day (Tues.), and they told me they would pick it up Wed, and I would get it no later than Thurs. Friday rolls around, I have no package, and I call cust. service again. The guy on the line tells me that the delivery guy has already picked up the package (around 1:00pm) and that I would get it by that afternoon. Today comes around, and I am STILL empty handed.
:angry:

I call customer service again, the rep. tells me to hold as she calls the driver to get a response, I wait. She comes back and tells me that the driver will pick it up today and deliver it by today. I ask for an estimate, and she tells me the driver didn't say, but that it will be delivered by today.

Well, today is pretty much over. I still don't have it. Hmmm. Yah. I hate Fedex.

GG tweaked her neck and is laid up. Now I have to do things for myself. Im lost and confused.

that sucks, hope GG is better soon. Remember JB...you need to plug the vacuum in FIRST before using it :D

GG tweaked her neck and is laid up. Now I have to do things for myself. Im lost and confused.

Whomever at CBS that decided to change the vocals for "One Shining Moment" should be fired, shot, drawn and quartered, tarred and featherd, then put on display with a sign that says "I'm an idiot". That is one thing I look forward to each year at the end of the tournament and I couldn't even watch it all. The whole thing was brutal. It wasn't even close to the original feel and emotion. Hopefully they will wise up and never use that again. Furthermore, they should re-edit with the original vocal and put it on the web with a big apology.

dude, with the state of the economy you should be able to barter for some decent help for a few days.

dude, with the state of the economy you should be able to barter for some decent help for a few days.

You will meet me soon, I am lost and helpless without her.

Baby Sacul is now 9 months old and should be sleeping through the night. He is not, instead waking up and refusing to go to sleep until he feeds (wife is breastfeeding). We had him sleep trained at 3 months, sleeping through the night, and zonking out at naptime as soon as we laid him down. Super easy baby. Then, 5 weeks ago, he came down with broncialitis (?) and then developed an ear infection. It took a good month to recover from all that, but in the process, we (knowingly) developed bad habits such as feeding at night, just to get him to sleep comfortably while he was sick so he could heal. Now he is waking once or twice a night, and everyone, including baby, is really tired in the morning. So, we are attempting to break the bad habit, which involves not much sleep for baby or daddy (daddy cant breastfeed, and if we're trying to break the nightime feeding, guess who gets to calm him down?). Mommy is trying to help, and I appriciate the effort. Isnt sleep deprivation considered torture by some standards?

Anyway, after a really rough night, baby Sacul woke up this morning, and when daddy walked in to get him, I was greeted with the biggest smile and a little giggle! That moment just melts your heart and somehow makes all this worth it! No one said parenting was easy, but it's sooo worth it. Not sure if this was a rant or a joy, but thanks for listening!

Hope you feel better soon GG, for JB's sake apparently!

Wow Sacul, it sounds like you've been watching through my windows at night. We have had the same thing going on for a while now. It's so rough in the middle of the night that you do desperate things. I've been letting our little boy sleep in our bed or sleeping with him in the guest bed. I know I'm going to pay for it, but sometimes you just want to sleep soooooo bad.

Oh, and those good morning smiles are what makes being a dad the greatest thing in the world :act-up:

You will meet me soon, I am lost and helpless without her.

Sorry to hear about GG. Hope she makes a quick recovery. I know I'd be in a pickle if Liz went down, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back