My son at our new club...

TurboStang

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.7
Joined a local country club yesterday, and after all the Easter festivities today, I took my 4-year old out there to play around on one of the practice greens. Had my camera in the truck from the days family get togethers, so I brought it with us to capture his first time ever actually being at a golf course. Here are a few of the pics...

christmas2010329.jpg

christmas2010328.jpg

christmas2010326.jpg

christmas2010355.jpg

christmas2010349.jpg

christmas2010350.jpg

christmas2010342.jpg

christmas2010333.jpg

christmas2010322.jpg

He looks so happy to be out there that he made me smile too.

Great pictures for such a memorable time!

Very cool. I wish I would have started my Daughter a four.

Kevin

Thanks.

The best part of our "practice session" was him heckling me because I wasn't holing my chips. He kept saying "C'mon dad, hit it closer!!" Then he would sit his ball about three inches from the cup, and tap it in. After doing that, he looked at me and says "See Dad, golf is easy. I'll be your coach."

lol! great stuff proud papa!

Great pictures Turbo :act-up:

Great pictures!!!! and a great looking boy!!!. Cherish the time when they are young, you turn around and wonder where the time went.

those are great. i'm glad that you settled on a club and i'm glad that your boy loves being out there with his daddy. i'm looking forward to those days a lot myself. it looks like you guys had a great time and i like that he's not afraid to give his daddy a bit of grief!

Now that's good stuff. A band aid on both knees, (from the Easter Egg Hunt?). Sounds like you guy's had a great time. Thanks for the pic's.

Thanks again to all.

We had alot of fun. I was watching him play behind one of the mounds (mountains according to him) while I was putting, he dissappeared momentarily, then popped back up in a shower of sand. That's when I realized that particular "mountain" obviously had a "beach" behind it. Needless to say, I spent several minutes of our practice session raking hundreds of miniature footprints out of every square inch of the bunker.

Looking forward to taking him out on the par 3 course, then eventually the championship course. I'm hesitant right now, because he's "That Guy"....you know, the heckler. His favorite thing about golf is watching the tour guys hit it into the water. He thinks it's hysterical, and will plead with the guys on the TV to "Hit it in the water!!". I can only imagine his reaction if Ol' Dad puts one in the drink.

Great pics Turbo! Thanks for sharing.

Great pics Turbo! There isn't much more that will make you smile quite like seeing a kid that happy on a golf course!

Great pictures,proud dad. keep him close spend all the time that you can with him,goes by fast.

Great pics Turbo!

Great pictures,proud dad. keep him close spend all the time that you can with him,goes by fast.

You are so right. He'll be five in May, and it's hard to believe that many years have already gone by since the first time I saw him.

Here are a couple pics I snapped as we were leaving. I thought the sun peeking through the Dogwoods was a nice image to leave the course with on Easter...

christmas2010345.jpg

christmas2010346.jpg

Thanks again guys.

Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing!! I like all he has in his bag is a driver and a putter. Maybe I should try that?

Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing!! I like all he has in his bag is a driver and a putter. Maybe I should try that?

He's got a 9-iron in there too. I'm thinking I could easily take several clubs out of my bag and still score about the same...lol.

Well...I took my son Logan back to the Country Club, and on to the actual "Big Boy" golf course for the first time ever lastnight. On hole #2, I pulled a tee shot long and right into a water hazzard. A couple holes later, Logan pulled a new Titleist ProV1 out of my bag, walked to the water's edge near the tee box and before I could utter a word, chucked it into the lake.

When I asked him why he did it, he replied..."Why not Dad? You already did".

:laughing:

Well...I took my son Logan back to the Country Club, and on to the actual "Big Boy" golf course for the first time ever lastnight. On hole #2, I pulled a tee shot long and right into a water hazzard. A couple holes later, Logan pulled a new Titleist ProV1 out of my bag, walked to the water's edge near the tee box and before I could utter a word, chucked it into the lake.

When I asked him why he did it, he replied..."Why not Dad? You already did".

:laughing:

:laughing: That just made me snort my Gatorade!

Back