Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ponder was just a joke. Although a set off Apex MBs sounds delightful

Judging by your ability to win trophies with the SLDR irons, you should stick with those.

Judging by your ability to win trophies with the SLDR irons, you should stick with those.
Yeah. No changes to primary set coming it's more of a fun idea.

Such an Internet golfer. I know what I have gamed for the past few seasons, but I'm over the combo set. There's no reason to need the "precision" in the short irons. At least not for me.

I also understand the irony considering my love of the Apex Fungo Bats
My ponder was just a joke. Although a set off Apex MBs sounds delightful

Internet golfers play combo sets? Wow, easy entry into that category.

Love my combo set. I want more of them. I bet Apex Pro + Apex would be a ridiculous combo.

Love my combo set. I want more of them. I bet Apex Pro + Apex would be a ridiculous combo.
You should do that. Then send me your J40 combo set.

Combo sets work or many. I have realized that the added "precision" into the short irons does nothing for me. That's all.

Vokeys and a new driver. Tired of covering it up. SLDR feels like total garb if I don't hit it hard and square.

You should do that. Then send me your J40 combo set.

I may as well get my name etched into that set. It's not getting modified, or shafts removed, ever. When they aren't in the bag, they'll be in the staffer in my office. Boo yah.

Combo sets work or many. I have realized that the added "precision" into the short irons does nothing for me. That's all.

work for many internet golfers, apparently. Not sure why wedges are exempt from that logic, but that's fine.

work for many internet golfers, apparently. Not sure why wedges are exempt from that logic, but that's fine.

Again, for me, the adde workability isn't that important any more. I'm not trying to control trajectory or shape as much as some players do. Work ability is different than versatility for me. Plus, most blade wedges are the same in my eyes. Just loft and bounce.

The Internet golfer comment was more of a joke between Dave and I that harkened back to conversations he and I had back in January.

I've been all over the place lately. Still pondering a 3W purchase, but today it's irons. All of the awesome feedback in the Apex and Z 545 threads is getting to me... No combo set for me though. I'm sure I'll be better off with a standard set.

What you looking at for 3w's Jon?

I saw you mention possibly just reshafting the Stage 2 as well. Is that still on the table?

Callaway pre-owned is apparently running a BOGO. If I trade in my RazrX hybrids it looks like I could upgrade to X2Hots for like $40. I haven't really hit them, just read the favorable feedback here. I'm tempted, but I LOVE the RazrX's. Hmm.

Pretty different hybrids there. Have you hit the 2Hots? The original XHot would be closer if you like the style but just want to change.

Still unsure on the top of my bag. Drop the 3W and 3H for a 5W? Will I even use a 5W more than I use these two clubs? Maybe I just leave it the same because I really don't run into a ton of holes I wish I had a 5W on.

And then do what? If you combine like that.

Still unsure on the top of my bag. Drop the 3W and 3H for a 5W? Will I even use a 5W more than I use these two clubs? Maybe I just leave it the same because I really don't run into a ton of holes I wish I had a 5W on.
I dropped my 3 wood and 4hybo for a 5 WD and I find myself missing the hybrid. I didn't use it that much but its nice to have in the bag when you're as erratic as I am on the course.

Range finder!

I do not want to spend a ton. Any recommendations on a good one on the cheaper side.

Pretty different hybrids there. Have you hit the 2Hots? The original XHot would be closer if you like the style but just want to change.
No, I haven't hit them...or if I have it was long ago, when they first came out. Thanks for the feedback, Hawk, it is a nice reality check...I've got something that works for me, maybe not the smartest move to dump them for something I haven't really tried just because its a good deal. Thanks.

Range finder!

I do not want to spend a ton. Any recommendations on a good one on the cheaper side.

Many will reccomend the "Kick Butt" rangefinder (there's a thread somewhere) but I was honestly underwhelmed by it compared to my v3.

No, I haven't hit them...or if I have it was long ago, when they first came out. Thanks for the feedback, Hawk, it is a nice reality check...I've got something that works for me, maybe not the smartest move to dump them for something I haven't really tried just because its a good deal. Thanks.

No problemo. It seems that those who liked one often don't like the other as much from what I've noticed this year. I actually think the original XHot was the easier of the two to get up in the air and had a pretty forgiving sole for the heavier misses. Not the longest (like the 2Hot), but maybe a bit more playable for a broader group of ams.

Many will reccomend the "Kick Butt" rangefinder (there's a thread somewhere) but I was honestly underwhelmed by it compared to my v3.

When you say "underwhelmed"... what made you not like it as much?

For me it just wasn't as point and click accurate, I actually saw slight distance differences. Now, I know there are some here who love them and will run to it's defense, to me though it's worth waiting and saving the extra coin for a Bushnell.

I went from Skycaddie SGXw to a Bushnell Neo Xs watch to the Bushnell Tour V3 and will never go back. Point click and yardage. I know some people use a combination but I just love the simplicity of it. The Tour V3 can be had cheaper on ebay. I got mine for around $240. It's worth the extra money. The jolt feature is nice also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back