Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callaway pre-owned is apparently running a BOGO. If I trade in my RazrX hybrids it looks like I could upgrade to X2Hots for like $40. I haven't really hit them, just read the favorable feedback here. I'm tempted, but I LOVE the RazrX's. Hmm.

While I agree with Hawk in demoing, that's a pretty impressive deal to upgrade like that!

For me it just wasn't as point and click accurate, I actually saw slight distance differences. Now, I know there are some here who love them and will run to it's defense, to me though it's worth waiting and saving the extra coin for a Bushnell.

I'd even say the same for Leupold and having had one for three years now I think I'm qualified to do that. The number of times I read the background compared to the Bushnell (even going back to the V2) is very frustrating.

i'm pretty confused about what to do about the top end and/or bottom end of my bag. i think i need to get rid of my 5w since my 3w carries about 225 and finishes around 240 and my hybrid carries 205 and finishes 215. not really sure what the 5w is in there to accomplish. on my wedges, i carry 52/12 bent to 51 and 58/12 that measured at 59. 51 is 105-120, still getting dialed in but pretty confident. 59 is everything below 105. i use the 52 for full swings and greenside chipping, and the 58 for everything else (sand, pitches, flops, 2-hop-checkers that never quite check, etc). i just don't know what i would do with a 54, and how it would fit into my setup. i guess i could do a complete wedge overhaul and go with 50 with low bounce, 54 with high bounce, and 58 or 60 with medium bounce, but why?

Range finder!

I do not want to spend a ton. Any recommendations on a good one on the cheaper side.

Have you considered a GPS, or only a laser Rangefinder?

I will have my Skycaddie watch with me on Sunday and you can check it out. I love it. It doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles, but it gets me distance to the center of the green, which helps a ton most of the time.

i'm pretty confused about what to do about the top end and/or bottom end of my bag. i think i need to get rid of my 5w since my 3w carries about 225 and finishes around 240 and my hybrid carries 205 and finishes 215. not really sure what the 5w is in there to accomplish. on my wedges, i carry 52/12 bent to 51 and 58/12 that measured at 59. 51 is 105-120, still getting dialed in but pretty confident. 59 is everything below 105. i use the 52 for full swings and greenside chipping, and the 58 for everything else (sand, pitches, flops, 2-hop-checkers that never quite check, etc). i just don't know what i would do with a 54, and how it would fit into my setup. i guess i could do a complete wedge overhaul and go with 50 with low bounce, 54 with high bounce, and 58 or 60 with medium bounce, but why?

Yea I can't see a reason for you to change based on what you are saying.

Have you considered a GPS, or only a laser Rangefinder?

I will have my Skycaddie watch with me on Sunday and you can check it out. I love it. It doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles, but it gets me distance to the center of the green, which helps a ton most of the time.

I have... Ive had the Neo X for a while now. I just have been pondering a RF.

I have... Ive had the Neo X for a while now. I just have been pondering a RF.

The two devices combined are fantastic IMO. I'm not good enough to just need exact pin yardages, so having F/B/M aaaaanf the pin covers all bases.

I love having both

I went from Skycaddie SGXw to a Bushnell Neo Xs watch to the Bushnell Tour V3 and will never go back. Point click and yardage. I know some people use a combination but I just love the simplicity of it. The Tour V3 can be had cheaper on ebay. I got mine for around $240. It's worth the extra money. The jolt feature is nice also.
Different brands...but I had a similar experience moving to Bushnell - it was worth a little extra money for the simplicity of something that just works.

The two devices combined are fantastic IMO. I'm not good enough to just need exact pin yardages, so having F/B/M aaaaanf the pin covers all bases.

Exactly what I am thinking. Would love having both.

I saw you mention possibly just reshafting the Stage 2 as well. Is that still on the table?

It is, but for a little more I can get a whole new club and still keep the Stage 2 as a backup that I know works.

Range finder!

I do not want to spend a ton. Any recommendations on a good one on the cheaper side.

eBay for a Bushnell. I bought my V2, right before the V3 came out, for a song.

I also carry both GPS & laser.

EDIT: 3W ponder is no longer...

Last edited:
Not really a equipment ponder but I am looking for a mallet head cover for my putter I bought last week. Its a Heavy Putter and I really dont like the looks of their head covers. Anybody got a site out there with some good looking ones for under $30?

Not really a equipment ponder but I am looking for a mallet head cover for my putter I bought last week. Its a Heavy Putter and I really dont like the looks of their head covers. Anybody got a site out there with some good looking ones for under $30?

You can usually find college or pro sports team putter covers on amazon or ebay pretty cheap.

I went from Skycaddie SGXw to a Bushnell Neo Xs watch to the Bushnell Tour V3 and will never go back. Point click and yardage. I know some people use a combination but I just love the simplicity of it. The Tour V3 can be had cheaper on ebay. I got mine for around $240. It's worth the extra money. The jolt feature is nice also.
For me, I'm SO glad I got one with Jolt. My alcoholic hands are anything but steady...and even playing with ddec, standing on the box, shooting the pin: "284 to the trees across the street, 268 to that tractor trailer driving by, *Jolt* ok 186 to the flag."

I love having both
Agree 100%. Having both covers all bases. Although, I rely about 90% of the time on the rangefinder, having the GPS watch for those blind shots and pesky doglegs is worth it--or when you top a shot off the tee and you know you still have 390-ish to the green and want a layup distance (that never​ happens).

As all the new irons come out they each look so great. I was between the Cobra pro, Srixon but these new Callaway irons are BEAUTIFUL

I want the Feedback golf system. Actually, I need the Feedback golf system. It's not so much a ponder because it is going to happen. I just have so many things to prioritize at the moment so this purchase is pushed back a few more weeks.

I pondered the 6 pack of Addidas shorts from Gmamasgolf, but missed the boat on that one...

Not sure why I'm pondering this, but I'm hawkpondering a Utility iron - either the Apex UI or the TaylorMade UDI. Don't really need one, but I could see it being a nice tee option for the shorter courses in my area.

Not sure why I'm pondering this, but I'm hawkpondering a Utility iron - either the Apex UI or the TaylorMade UDI. Don't really need one, but I could see it being a nice tee option for the shorter courses in my area.

I may be wrong here but I do not believe the Apex UI will be available in LH.

Save $100 and get an MT.

Giannini

Big time ponder for a Nike midnight method 006. Dang it Rory!!

I did like the single site dot blade too.

I may be wrong here but I do not believe the Apex UI will be available in LH.

According to the Callaway
website, they will be.

Save $100 and get an MT.

You have a point here...I enjoy my MT 5i, I could see this happening more than the new UIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back