Replacing my 3 wood

I am more of a hybrid guy myself, just easier for me to hit. I think the Cobra adjustable hybrid from 2013 was very good (I have not tried the 2014 model). The Adams you mentioned could also be a good one at 15°, if you can hit it. Cleveland made a 15.5° loft hybrid in the mashie and classic versions, which I prefer. The absolute longest hybrid I have hit is the X2-Hot hybrids. You might just try some of these out and see how they perform for you.

Back to the fairway wood option. Cleveland Mashie fairway woods had shorter shafts stock from the factory and they had a higher swingweight which would allow you to cut it down some more and still keep close to a stock swingweight from other companies. Just some thoughts, that I hope helps you.
Thanks for thoughts man, I appreciate it.

Thanks for thoughts man, I appreciate it.
I wonder if choking down will have a big enough positive impact for me. It makes so much sense to have a shorter shaft.

I wonder if choking down will have a big enough positive impact for me. It makes so much sense to have a shorter shaft.

You never know until you try. The lower lofts are more difficult to hit from the fairway for a number of reasons, no matter what type of club they are. Choking down would seem to be the easiest to test out, before spending much time or money on other things.

You never know until you try. The lower lofts are more difficult to hit from the fairway for a number of reasons, no matter what type of club they are. Choking down would seem to be the easiest to test out, before spending much time or money on other things.
Even if it doesn't solve all my issues even helping a little bit is probably a better solution than dropping $100-200 on a new club that might or might not work. I'll try the choke down first. Thanks for all of your insight

I was thinking about dropping my 3 wood or finding one with just a touch more loft. I have sure a good X-Flex shaft in my 3 wood that's it's more like a driver. I can smash it off the tee but out in the fairway, it's almost to low of a trajectory. So I either need a mid-kick shaft installed or a 16*/17* wood instead. I've thought about going back to a hybrid, because I find those easy to hit, but I'm on the fence still.
It's a tough choice and one that's more of a personal feel/choice than most, at least with a club used for that length.

I have a 15 degree hybrid I cant hit. Maybe we should trade. Haha

I was thinking about dropping my 3 wood or finding one with just a touch more loft. I have sure a good X-Flex shaft in my 3 wood that's it's more like a driver. I can smash it off the tee but out in the fairway, it's almost to low of a trajectory. So I either need a mid-kick shaft installed or a 16*/17* wood instead. I've thought about going back to a hybrid, because I find those easy to hit, but I'm on the fence still.
It's a tough choice and one that's more of a personal feel/choice than most, at least with a club used for that length.

As you can see I prefer hybrids over fairway woods also. You might try a softer flex shaft or a shorter length (choking up at first) its really difficult to tell which factor makes it difficult for us to hit clubs from the fairway. There are some very good low lofted hybrids on the market right now. The X2-Hot pro 18° was a very long hybrid for me, I think they make a 16° version as well.

As you can see I prefer hybrids over fairway woods also. You might try a softer flex shaft or a shorter length (choking up at first) its really difficult to tell which factor makes it difficult for us to hit clubs from the fairway. There are some very good low lofted hybrids on the market right now. The X2-Hot pro 18° was a very long hybrid for me, I think they make a 16° version as well.
Do you think a 16° hybrid will be that much different than my 19° hybrid? If I can hit as easy as my 19° and gain some solid yards, I think it would be worth it. The problem I have is that everytime I pull the 3 wood im thinking "oh s#*t, I hope I hit this decent. I then end up topping it 20 yards, saying some choice words, then pulling my hybrid and flushing it.

Do you think a 16° hybrid will be that much different than my 19° hybrid? If I can hit as easy as my 19° and gain some solid yards, I think it would be worth it. The problem I have is that everytime I pull the 3 wood im thinking "oh s#*t, I hope I hit this decent. I then end up topping it 20 yards, saying some choice words, then pulling my hybrid and flushing it.

Hard to say really. One thing that makes it difficult to hit low lofted hybrids is not enough swing speed. I have no idea what yours is, but I would suggest you try the low lofted hybrid at demo days and at the big box stores in the simulators. There are some very good low lofted hybrids available. I would just try as many of them as you can and see how they work for you.

You might try a 4w i have found that the adams tight lie is one of the better ones i hit this year

I use a 5 wood, 18* rather than a 3 wood. I carry it just as far, or farther off the turf

I use a 5 wood, 18* rather than a 3 wood. I carry it just as far, or farther off the turf

^^^This
I can hit both 15.5* 3 wood just fine but I prefer to carry 4wd or 5wd, especially the 19* 5wd, adjustable loft from 17.5*-20.5* Something about higher lofted clubs(woods&hybrids) I hit with extra snap. Instead of low lofted hybrid why not high lofted fairway wood.

^^^This
I can hit both 15.5* 3 wood just fine but I prefer to carry 4wd or 5wd, especially the 19* 5wd, adjustable loft from 17.5*-20.5* Something about higher lofted clubs(woods&hybrids) I hit with extra snap. Instead of low lofted hybrid why not high lofted fairway wood.

Some just hit hybrids better. Speaking of higher lofted fairway woods the 20.5° Cleveland custom 588, 7-wood is very easy to hit. If you haven't tried it you should.

^^^This
I was thinking maybe an adjustable hybrid, anything from 16° on up. I'm just concerned that if I get a club close to my 19° hybrid, I'll see the same distance

Some just hit hybrids better. Speaking of higher lofted fairway woods the 20.5° Cleveland custom 588, 7-wood is very easy to hit. If you haven't tried it you should.

I hear you. I can hit any woods and hybrids better than 7i.

I have the cleveland classic 3 wood, it has weird closed club face that has never fit my eyes for some reason. I like every thing about the club except the look at address.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

Another vote for a 4 wood. I have a Callaway x2 Hot but with a shorter shaft, the fitter did this to give me more control and make it sit flatter on the turf and therefore easier to hit of the deck. Really goes a long way and I feel in control of it. I do not hit a high ball so the top of my bag goes 5 iron, 4 hybrid (22 degrees) and 4 wood (17 degrees).

Another vote for a 4 wood. I have a Callaway x2 Hot but with a shorter shaft, the fitter did this to give me more control and make it sit flatter on the turf and therefore easier to hit of the deck. Really goes a long way and I feel in control of it. I do not hit a high ball so the top of my bag goes 5 iron, 4 hybrid (22 degrees) and 4 wood (17 degrees).
These 4 wood recommendations sound really tempting, im guessing id have to have it chopped down.

You might try a 4w i have found that the adams tight lie is one of the better ones i hit this year
Just did some research on this club, very intrigued.

Back