SeeMore Putters Thread

I'm all about the copper. Hahahaha

No arguments here. It is such a lovely looking and sounding / feeling insert material especially on a SeeMore!

I'm through 27 holes today with my m2c, and I'll report back after the final 9 holes, but this putter is never leaving my bag.

I'm through 27 holes today with my m2c, and I'll report back after the final 9 holes, but this putter is never leaving my bag.

Are you trying to make up for lost time sir? lol Glad the m2c is working out well for you. Can't wait to roll it at PGA National. If it is to my liking, I may have devised a plan to get one. I will have both z's there for you to roll.

Spent a couple more hours working on my alignment and stroke. I have been an SBST guy but now trying to use a natural arc. When I started using the RST at the "top" of my backswing (or whatever it's called when putting), then follow through again with RST aligned, it really straightened out the ball path. Really excited now.

I know it's been mentioned before in SeeMore threads, but when I went to Chris Carfangia for my SPi training, he used an Eyeline Rail guide. It's basically a metal channel angled to 70 degrees, that allows you to keep the heel of the putter moving back & through on a straight line (i.e., the initial target line). So, looking directly overhead, the heel of the putter is technically moving straight back & straight through. But because the putter is held at a 70* angle, the putter head actually rotates & follows an arc centered at your sternum. Chris pointed out that the putter is moving on an arc, but from one point of view it is going SBST.

Anyway, I just follow my SPi training, rock those shoulders, use my rail to practice, & don't worry about whether the putter is arcing or going SBST. With SeeMore it's going SITH*

*Straight Into The Hole

4 rounds this weekend with the z3c and it is not coming out of the bag anytime soon.

Absolutely love the roll that I am getting and feel extremely comfortable when standing over the ball.

Made some long putts today and the burned the edge on a few others.

Also really like the stroke I am putting with and alot of that I can attribute to using the SPi training ball. Need to continue working with it but I like what it is doing for my putting.

4 rounds this weekend with the z3c and it is not coming out of the bag anytime soon.

Absolutely love the roll that I am getting and feel extremely comfortable when standing over the ball.

Made some long putts today and the burned the edge on a few others.

Also really like the stroke I am putting with and alot of that I can attribute to using the SPi training ball. Need to continue working with it but I like what it is doing for my putting.
Your putting so much better than I remember even from Indy. Pretty much every putt you hit today, in the 9 holes that I payed in your group, had a chance of going in. You definitely have a good match in that Z3.

My last two rounds I had 29 and 28 putts respectively with the m1. RST and SPi are both having a profound result on my score and as such my handicap is making its sharpest downward trend in some time.

Embrace it and it will work wonders for your game.

Since I got my FGP on Friday, I've been rolling it around the house. Went back and forth vs my other putters, so I had a little "putt-out" among my three putters last night at home:

Seemore FGP (original)
Taylormade Ghost Spider
Yes! Tracy 2 (Anser style)

Test one: alternate putts between 5', 10', and 15' targets, trying to either tap the target or stay within 1' (tap-in). FGP was the most accurate, followed by Ghost Spider and Tracy. FGP actually got six "taps" on the middle target, while the others only had 1-2.

Test two: Roll across a quarter from 5 feet. GS won with 13/18, FGP and Tracy tied for second with 11/18. Ghost Spider felt automatic once dialed in, like when you had the stroke you couldn't miss.

Test three: Lag putt from about 30', trying to stay within a 3' radius. GS won with 15/18, FGP second with 13/18, Tracy third with 11/18. GS and FGP and Seemore actually had several in a row that tapped the target too.

I don't use a line on the ball to align my putts, so the alignment aid of the putter itself is important. The Seemore and Ghost Spider are very different but both work well. I like the RST. It seems to get me started on line better than my Tracy for sure, which only has a small middle line. The contrast seems good too. The GS has a combination of a 2-ball and middle lines, which I like. That seems to get me close enough.

In terms of feel, I don't like the FGP. It feels harsh and I don't have the confidence it rolls the ball like I want it to, more like it bounces off. I wish it had an insert or was milled on the face. The GS feels neutral-to-soft all around, while the Tracy feels either pure or dull depending on how well I hit it.

For distance control, that is my biggest fault of the GS. Because the stroke is so grooved, you can't "feel" it as well. The FGP definitely seems like it has the best control here. But then when I grooved the swing, the GS was more repeatable. Tracy is somewhere in between.

One thing I notice with the FGP is that slight mishits can tend to spin off to the side a bit. The GS does this a little and the Tracy has almost no side-spin, possibly due to the milling of the face. But the GS almost never sends the ball too far off the target line, while the FGP and Tracy can do this a bit. In terms of distance on mishits, the GS and FGP are both pretty good, while the Tracy can leave them shorter.

So to wrap up the long post, I'm not loving the FGP, but it performed well and I'll be taking it to the practice green and course. I like the alignment system, but I'm not sure I like the toe hang (might want a more face balanced putter) feel like I need more forgiveness (like a higher MOI, mallet style, or Anser style), and definitely want a softer feel.

With those in mind, I'll keep my eye out to see if there's an Si3, Si4, or Si5 around to roll. I'm a lefty, so that drastically reduces my options and availability. I'm also curious about the Spider Blade and Smart Square putters. Hope to roll some tonight.

I know it's been mentioned before in SeeMore threads, but when I went to Chris Carfangia for my SPi training, he used an Eyeline Rail guide. It's basically a metal channel angled to 70 degrees, that allows you to keep the heel of the putter moving back & through on a straight line (i.e., the initial target line). So, looking directly overhead, the heel of the putter is technically moving straight back & straight through. But because the putter is held at a 70* angle, the putter head actually rotates & follows an arc centered at your sternum. Chris pointed out that the putter is moving on an arc, but from one point of view it is going SBST.

Anyway, I just follow my SPi training, rock those shoulders, use my rail to practice, & don't worry about whether the putter is arcing or going SBST. With SeeMore it's going SITH*

*Straight Into The Hole

That helped out quite a bit, thanks!

I find I still have better accuracy when I'm on top of the ball and feels like I'm SBST, but I don't try and keep the face open or closed. I do find when I'm practicing the stroke, if I look at the RST that seems to help, but then I sway off target, so I focus on the ball. But keeping the heel of the blade straight works well.

I also looked up some of the Pat O'Brien putting stuff and my natural grip is almost exactly what he described, and I tend to keep the putter in the center of my stance so that works well. I don't seem to do as well when the ball is further away from my body though.

In regards to the face-balance, you might enjoy watching this, while not totally "face balanced" in the "traditional" sense, it IS face balanced at impact:

What an awesome video to share. Well done James.

I remember seeing that for the first time. Probably looked like a deer in headlights with the info I was receiving.

So it sounds like when I changed putter grips on the mFGP I dropped 30 grams of weight which has messed up my putting stroke. Need to find a heavier grip option again but not the stock golf pride tour option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it sounds like when I changed putter grips on the mFGP I dropped 30 grams of weight which has messed up my putting stroke. Need to find a heavier grip option again but not the stock golf pride tour option

You could also just add a small backweight at the butt under the grip (I actually use bolts and plumbers tape to snug believe it or not) that way you can use the grip you like now. Just a thought.

You could also just add a small backweight at the butt under the grip (I actually use bolts and plumbers tape to snug believe it or not) that way you can use the grip you like now. Just a thought.

Excellent idea. Hadn't found anything that didn't require modifying the grip (like tour lock). Might explore this. Thanks Jman!

Excellent idea. Hadn't found anything that didn't require modifying the grip (like tour lock). Might explore this. Thanks Jman!

I have also used 1/2 inch clevis pins successfully. They make them in varying lengths so the longer the shank, the more weight to the pin. The 1/2 inch sits quite well on the top of the shaft butt. Like James, I wrap the shank with tape so it fits snug inside the shaft.

All materials procured. Looks like someone has a project for this evening!

I said I would report back, so here goes. In my first 18 hole round on Sunday, I had 9 2-putts on the front, and 13 TOTAL putts on the back for 31 total for 18 holes. NO 3 PUTTS the entire round.

For the afternoon round, I had 16 putts on the front (2 3-putts) and 18 (2 1-putts, 2 3-putts) on the back for 34 total putts. One of those 3-putts on the front was actually quite good from forever away due to a depth perception/club selection issue off the tee--I almost wanted to bump a hybrid it was so long.

I still struggle reading greens, and I'm not 100% confident in my alignment yet, nor am I 100% consistent with my stroke, but my pace with this putter has been outstanding. And the ball just rolls so smoothly off the face--and 90% of the time right where I intend it to. Feedback is good, and in the few times I've taken a terrible swipe at the ball, and hit the putt out on the toe, I've felt it immediately and the putt comes up short (the source of at least 2 of those 3-putts).

The putter is not dummy-proof by any means. It still requires a proper read, alignment, and pace. But this is as close to a point and shoot putter that I have ever gamed. I used the same Ping Anser putter for 8 years, and even though I constantly tried, I could never find a suitable replacement...well I have now.

It has me itching to go hit the practice green and work--something I've always struggled to find the motivation to do.

I said I would report back, so here goes. In my first 18 hole round on Sunday, I had 9 2-putts on the front, and 13 TOTAL putts on the back for 31 total for 18 holes. NO 3 PUTTS the entire round.

For the afternoon round, I had 16 putts on the front (2 3-putts) and 18 (2 1-putts, 2 3-putts) on the back for 34 total putts. One of those 3-putts on the front was actually quite good from forever away due to a depth perception/club selection issue off the tee--I almost wanted to bump a hybrid it was so long.

I still struggle reading greens, and I'm not 100% confident in my alignment yet, nor am I 100% consistent with my stroke, but my pace with this putter has been outstanding. And the ball just rolls so smoothly off the face--and 90% of the time right where I intend it to. Feedback is good, and in the few times I've taken a terrible swipe at the ball, and hit the putt out on the toe, I've felt it immediately and the putt comes up short (the source of at least 2 of those 3-putts).

The putter is not dummy-proof by any means. It still requires a proper read, alignment, and pace. But this is as close to a point and shoot putter that I have ever gamed. I used the same Ping Anser putter for 8 years, and even though I constantly tried, I could never find a suitable replacement...well I have now.

It has me itching to go hit the practice green and work--something I've always struggled to find the motivation to do.

Pete, this makes me smile a ton buddy. Good for you dude, seriously.

Oh, new member arrived, thanks for passing it up JRod! She's in the OK wing of the SeeMore Vault now, but this one is a one way trip :alien:

DSC_0555_zps2b23a7aa.jpg

DSC_0556_zps25b476dd.jpg

DSC_0557_zps1afba263.jpg

DSC_0558_zps8879dca4.jpg

DSC_0559_zps49964305.jpg

And, the copper family:

DSC_0554_zpseac20205.jpg

So, after reading about the successes of Fupresti and O'Carroll on this thread, I am breaking down, heading to a local SPi instructor with my Si3 to have it fitted to me, and to get some instruction to the RST technology re: putting. I am getting better at putting, but I REALLY want to get better.
It may be the smartest $$ I spend on my golf game this summer.

I had to throw a bid in on that MFGP2 it is too good of a price not too. Haven't traditionally gotten along with Seemores, but this is a headshape I have always wanted to try.

Oh, new member arrived, thanks for passing it up JRod! She's in the OK wing of the SeeMore Vault now, but this one is a one way trip :alien:

DSC_0555_zps2b23a7aa.jpg

DSC_0556_zps25b476dd.jpg

DSC_0557_zps1afba263.jpg

DSC_0558_zps8879dca4.jpg

DSC_0559_zps49964305.jpg

And, the copper family:

DSC_0554_zpseac20205.jpg
Very nice, now it makes me miss mine

Back