What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a +3 75 from the 6806 tees at Cimarron in Sun City Grand. Thats two rounds below my handicap and feeling great.

Great round buddy!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played a match again yesterday. Not too happy with the result, but ended up noting a 79 for 7th place. And I won the longest drive, that's always nice! (About 260 yards, not bad)

If you're keen to know:
Par, par, birdie, par, par, par, bogey, bogey, triple. For 39 on the front, par 35.
Par, par, par, bogey, par, par, double, par, bogey. For 40 on the back, par 36.

FIR: 10/14
GIR: 11/18
3 good up&downs

Puts wouldn't fall three lip-outs and another four that just missed the hole by less then half an inch.

First bogey I just had a bad swing, ball stayed in the ballmark in the semi. Cost me a stroke.
Second bogey I hit a wedge about 20 yards further then I expected to do, three jacked too :(
That triple was the result of a ball going further then I expected, ended up in a bush. Bush used to be GUR. Had to walk back, couldn't get my mind straight.
Bogey on the thirteenth was due to a bad teeshot, ending up in a bunker about 6" off the raised edge, had to take an extra shot as I couldn't reach the green.
Double on the 16th because I hit my wedge about 15-odd yards further then expected again: into water.
Bogey on the 18th as I was nearly hit by a ball from the group behind while making my put: couldn't shake it :(

Had a couple of issues with length, need to work on my wedges with the new ball. (Callaway supersoft)

43/42 for 85. Will ESC to an 84. Had a great time playing with ATL, Miller Time and T0AD. We each had some good holes and we each had some bad, but it was a ton of fun on a beautiful course.

I had too many others to have a good score. 1 birdie, 6 pars, 8 bogies, 2 doubles, 1 triple. The rough was tough today. Didn't seem too deep but with Bermuda it doesn't have to be to grab the club.

Posted a videos of all our tee shots on the par 3, 16th in the Hole of the Day: Video edition thread. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?25297-Hole-of-The-Day-Video-Edition/page297

Played the Island course at my home track Kingwood CC in NE Houston with THPer Diabolo, had a few struggles but feel like my game is getting close to clicking back in to high 70s mode. Shot a 41/42 for an 83 that included 3 balls in the water and 3 putted on 3 different holes. Highlight of the day was the finishing hole par 5 18th which is the #1 handicap 555 yards, hit a drive about 320 down the left side of the split fairway then knocked home a 5 wood to 12 feet above hole and just barely missed the eagle by 6 inches left tapping in for my bird.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
I find it hard to believe you had a blast without me being out there?! ; )

Your a shot or 2 away from it being a really good round!

I know--it's hard to believe. It was me and my Dad, so that's always a win.

Wish I could have that one back. A 170 LW hit a head high level is never a good thing.

Best round in a while, an 85. Shot 40 on the back.

Played the Island course at my home track Kingwood CC in NE Houston with THPer Diabolo, had a few struggles but feel like my game is getting close to clicking back in to high 70s mode. Shot a 41/42 for an 83 that included 3 balls in the water and 3 putted on 3 different holes. Highlight of the day was the finishing hole par 5 18th which is the #1 handicap 555 yards, hit a drive about 320 down the left side of the split fairway then knocked home a 5 wood to 12 feet above hole and just barely missed the eagle by 6 inches left tapping in for my bird.

Dgvillere- I have played enough with you to know it was just a bump in the road that sent you out of the 70's. You will be back before you know it!
Nice job on the finishing hole, you long knockin' $%#$%^
We gotta get together and play soon!

Shot my usual mid 70's round today, my driver was its usual TUBULATORLICIOUS self today and had me in the fairways all round, and my I25's were showin me some love as well!

Shot a 73 today at Canton Golf Club. Was -2 through 7 and then made 3 bogies in a row. Really striking the ball good right now but my wedge game is dismal

Dang bruther between your shoulder and my arse we definitely keeping the insurance companies busy huh? I sure hope your shoulder issue heals on it's own. :thumb:

Thannks Bill, I pushed my luck a lil too far and tried to play the Labor Day scramble at the club. I did hit some good shots but it was snap, crackle, pop in the shoulder on every swing. I quit hitting driver if we had one in play. Two days back-to-back might be too much. Maybe Thursday...

Played again this afternoon. Shot 89 with the last hole being par + handicap stroke since there were 4 groups backed up on the 18th tee and we were out of light.

The funny thing is, I really hit the ball well today and had a solid short game. I really felt like I played a low-80's round. Just a few crucial mistakes led to some doubles, like absolutely crushing a 6-iron I didn't think I had any chance of sending over the green, but did..into a hazard, and making an absolute gorgeous pitch with an 8-iron that was going be tight by the pin, and it happened to hit the only branch within 30 yards that could deflect it, sending it into a bush for an unplayable. Just one of those days.

Got a raging case of chafing for my troubles. Thank God A&D ointment was invented.

Shot a 16 today. (Par was 13) Only got to play 3 holes before a down pour happened and killed the rest of the day.

Weird round, tough course. I hit a ton of good shots but every mistake went in a hazard or OB, and I couldn't make a putt all day. Add it up and you've got a very ugly 96.

43/45/88 ball striking felt good today and kept it in play. Just couldn't capitalize on good positions, and didn't make putts for birdie or to save par. 6 pars, 9 bogeys, 2 doubles, 1 triple.

HOT and MUGGY today, perfect for my sore back. Hit the ball good and shot 78 (38/40) from the Senior tees. My regular great foursome and a couple of good cigars - doesn't get much better than that!

played nine in between classes, could of gotten 18 in but it was like 95+ today and walking just wasnt feasible without heat stroke haha.

had a 41 on the front. Was playing very well. Missed 2 fairways and par'd both those holes. Had problems with one of the par three at Rutgers and one ob. Could of had a nice little 38-39. I guess itll do, the number are slowly getting lower and lower. I am however on a plateau cant break 80 =/(only done once with a 79)

45/48=93 at Legacy Ridge. I've been forcing myself to play at longer yardages to prep for outings and my lack of distance off the tee is costing me. I could move up and shoot lower scores but it wouldn't travel to outings at sea-level and 6500 yards.

I'm liking my new irons more that i play with them and my new putter felt great resulting in sub 30 putts (29). Now just to find another 25 yards with my driver.

Shot my second best round ever today, a 82.:banana:

45/48=93 at Legacy Ridge. I've been forcing myself to play at longer yardages to prep for outings and my lack of distance off the tee is costing me. I could move up and shoot lower scores but it wouldn't travel to outings at sea-level and 6500 yards.

I'm liking my new irons more that i play with them and my new putter felt great resulting in sub 30 putts (29). Now just to find another 25 yards with my driver.
Nice score when preparing. I believe we all say that. I feel the same as you. For me sometimes I have to realize that Bogey is a good score.

40-42/82 on an easy course. I wasn't there to set a new PB, but get a better understanding of this XTD Driver. Definitely learned a thing or two.

40-42/82 on an easy course. I wasn't there to set a new PB, but get a better understanding of this XTD Driver. Definitely learned a thing or two.

Cowboys one day, goat track next?

;)

48/42-90 had a bad front 9 1st hole 560yd par 5.... triple bogey'd it but I didn't let that bother me and I went on to have a pretty good round. I had 5 pars 1 birdie and 30 putts for the day.

44/40=80, 11/14 FWs, only 6 GIRs, 34 putts with zero 3 jacks, no birdies and one triple. Just could not get a putt to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back