The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised Sam didn't make the Ram's. From the clips I saw of him he looked to be playing really well the kid didn't give up on a single play. I hope the Browns or Raiders pick him.

I'm surprised Sam didn't make the Ram's. From the clips I saw of him he looked to be playing really well the kid didn't give up on a single play. I hope the Browns or Raiders pick him.

DE is a really deep position for the Rams

J.J. Watt signs huge deal to stay with Houston. #OnWisconsin

The Houston Texans and defensive end J.J. Watt have reached agreement on a new six-year extension that could pay him $100 million, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
The deal, which affects the final two seasons of his current contract and keeps him with the Texans through the 2021 season, will pay Watt a guaranteed $51.8 million, the most for a defensive player in the history of the NFL. The $16.6 million annual value also is the highest for a defensive player.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...exans-reach-agreement-6-year-100-million-deal

The Official 2014 NFL Thread

I saw that Watt was only scheduled to make about $2.5Mil this season before the new contract. Most underpaid player before today?

It will be interesting to see if Mallet can do anything for them at QB. Texans' defense should be filthy this season.

We are stacked at DE. Sam will get picked up and be a good player in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's too much of a tweener. It's hard to cut it at 250 as a 4-3 DE. It happens, though.

With that said, looking at the tire fire that the Falcons have at DE, I'd take a flyer on Sam.

I saw that Watt was only scheduled to make about $2.5Mil this season before the new contract. Most underpaid player before today?

It will be interesting to see if Mallet can do anything for them at QB. Texans' defense should be filthy this season.

Defense good, offense probably will be as flat as last year. They had a great defense last year but their O let them down and I figure that will be the case again this year.

Texans have a good d line and decent linebackers but a very suspect secondary.

So how long before Orton is starting over EJ?

JJ Watt's deal had $30.8 guaranteed upon signing. Balance converts at the beginning of the league yr of 2016. So after two seasons (14 & 15) $51.8 million is guaranteed.

2014 & 2015 salary is essentially $15 mill per. Now that's a deal.

Texans have a good d line and decent linebackers but a very suspect secondary.

This right here. I do not like their secondary at all. I like their offense even less.

JJ Watt's deal had $30.8 guaranteed upon signing. Balance converts at the beginning of the league yr of 2016. So after two seasons (14 & 15) $51.8 million is guaranteed.

2014 & 2015 salary is essentially $15 mill per. Now that's a deal.

Dude got paid!!! Good for him

Cannot figure out who to start week 1. Solid WR Core.

Lock Starter:
Dez Bryant

Need to start one guy in this NON PPR league:
Michael Floyd vs. Chargers (this is where I am leaning)
Vincent Jackson vs. Panthers (strongly considering this one too)
Hakeem Nicks vs. Broncos
Randall Cobb vs. Seahawks
Pierre Garcon vs. Texans

Thoughts?

Cannot figure out who to start week 1. Solid WR Core.

Lock Starter:
Dez Bryant

Need to start one guy in this NON PPR league:
Michael Floyd vs. Chargers (this is where I am leaning)
Vincent Jackson vs. Panthers (strongly considering this one too)
Hakeem Nicks vs. Broncos
Randall Cobb vs. Seahawks
Pierre Garcon vs. Texans

Thoughts?

Dang, that is a strong receiver core.

I'd go Dez, Jackson, Garcon. Texans secondary is week. Honestly, behind Jackson and Dez, I think anyone else would be fine. All of those receivers are quality.

Dang, that is a strong receiver core.

I'd go Dez, Jackson, Garcon. Texans secondary is week. Honestly, behind Jackson and Dez, I think anyone else would be fine. All of those receivers are quality.

We only start 2 WR's and one flex. I have Gio Bernard locked into the flex, I do not like any of the WR's quite as much as him.

The only thing that scares me about Vincent Jackson is that the Panthers defense is solid and I think the Bucs are going to run the heck out of the ball.

In regards to Garcon... that d-line against RG3 gives me ZERO confidence in the Skins passing game.

Going out on a limb and guessing this is not a 16 team league?

We only start 2 WR's and one flex. I have Gio Bernard locked into the flex, I do not like any of the WR's quite as much as him.

The only thing that scares me about Vincent Jackson is that the Panthers defense is solid and I think the Bucs are going to run the heck out of the ball.

In regards to Garcon... that d-line against RG3 gives me ZERO confidence in the Skins passing game.

I don't think the Panthers D will be as formidable this year, I'd start Jackson.

I don't think the Panthers D will be as formidable this year, I'd start Jackson.

Dont tell THP Fantasy league 4 that. They were drafted 100th overall......

It appears Irsays punishment has been handed down. 6 games and $500,000. I figured the fine would be that much, I figured 8 games for the suspension so I think he got a decent break there on the games. It seems his daughters have worked alongside him for quite a while so I'm sure the team will fare just fine without him for those games.

Interesting add: He is banned from using social media for anything team related during his 6 months. No Irsay Twitter feed for a while...my phone wont be blowing up so much

The interesting twist is would he be employed if he was in a different position? Not sure the answer, but it is interesting.

Michael Sam taking a physical with the Cowboys. Good fit or Jerry publicity?

Michael Sam taking a physical with the Cowboys. Good fit or Jerry publicity?

Could be both. I dont think he has the skill set right now to be a full time player at this level. But then again, the Cowboys defense is putrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back