thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
I have to say, I see all kinds of posts on here about the need for a fitting, or the fitting process, or how do I get fitted. How come I never see anyone posting how the fitting helped their game, or hurt for that matter? I'd love to know how your results turned out. Did you see a big benefit or problem?

I had mine adjusted today and will post the results as soon as this wind shuts down to the upper 20's, lol. Untill then, HOW DID IT WORK OUT FOR YOU? Really, isn't that the question?

Look forward to it Duey. Getting my clubs fit for me was one of the best things I have ever done.

Look forward to it Duey. Getting my clubs fit for me was one of the best things I have ever done.

If I can ask, where were your misses before and did you see that diminish, or distance change at all? I took mine down 2 degrees and kind of think 3* would have been worth while, but at some point the toe is much worst in the ground than the hozel? lol.

My misses were on the toe and having my irons fit for me caused them to be virtually non-existent.

My misses were on the toe and having my irons fit for me caused them to be virtually non-existent.

Good stuff, thanks JB!

Can't wait. I am about to make an appointment at Golftec.

ok...this may be a stupid question but is it better to get fitted before you buy new clubs or can you do it after?

ok...this may be a stupid question but is it better to get fitted before you buy new clubs or can you do it after?

Always before. Most clubs can be altered, but not all can be altered that much. Plus fitting also involves shafts, lengths, etc...

I wish I'd have done that, but not the case. I can still shoot for that in time, but these were forged Nickents, so I could have the lie changed.

thats what I thought. is $100 a fair price for getting fit for the full set including driver?

thats what I thought. is $100 a fair price for getting fit for the full set including driver?

Here, it's like $5 a club, but he didn't charge me because I bought quit a bit more stuff. I even had my new gap wedge bent.

It depends on what you are having done and who is doing it. You can find it anywhere from free with the purchase of clubs to $400 at a place like TMPL.

I got fitted on Saturday for a new driver and had a shaft put in my 3 wood, and it made all the difference in the world. I knew I had a fast swing speed and pretty quick tempo, and I thought that may have been the cause for the hooks I experienced with my driver and 3 wood. However, after getting fitted, I know it definitely was.

I had a draw based driver, which frequently caused me to hook my drives. The driver I bought, the Callaway FT Tour, actually sits open 1.5* at address, so it took away those hooks and made me play a pretty consistent straight-to-fade drive. The addition of an X-flex shaft also helped in that area. The same was true for my 3 wood. I liked the head, the Cleveland Launcher from last year, but the stock stiff shaft that came with it wasn't holding my swing well. They pulled a UST ProForce V2 shaft out of a driver, tipped it 2", and put it in my 3 wood for me. After hitting that thing yesterday and having every shot land where I wanted it to (No hooks and a lot lower trajectory), I'll be the first to say that all of my future club purchases will be after fitting and demo'ing,

I think it is a good thing however be ready to get reaquainted to your irons, driver, or whatever you are going to alter. I was playing regular lie irons and could draw them but most of the shots were either straight or maybe slightly right of target. My new irons are back to what I am supposed to play and the draw is more prevalent. Just ask SeeMoreGuy or Calloway :eek:)......

That's the kind of info I hoped to hear. I kind of expected my iron's to lose a bit of the draw, makes sense with the heel not catching and turning over a tad. But a shallower divot should fix that, I hope.

Schwitzer, I have a new V2 in my Nickent Evolver and like it. Lower ball flight so may be leaving a little on the table, but straight. I did hit a Cleveland launcher today and shouldn't have, lol. Nice club> Not sure how different the FT Tour is.

That's the kind of info I hoped to hear. I kind of expected my iron's to lose a bit of the draw, makes sense with the heel not catching and turning over a tad. But a shallower divot should fix that, I hope.

Schwitzer, I have a new V2 in my Nickent Evolver and like it. Lower ball flight so may be leaving a little on the table, but straight. I did hit a Cleveland launcher today and shouldn't have, lol. Nice club> Not sure how different the FT Tour is.

The launcher is the best fairway wood I've ever owned, no contest. I can hit it 230-250 and with that shaft, I'm not afraid to pull it on any hole. Confidence really is an immeasurable asset..

The FT Tour may not be much different than your R9, depending on what setting you have it on. However, compared to my 07 Burner Draw, it was a world of difference. It has a lot less spin and is a smaller club overall (420 cc vs 460 cc; don't hold me to it but I think that's right). The X-flex shaft probably made a big difference too. I had always heard about the effect that shafts have on a club, but never really took it to heart. Now I see why they say it's the motor driving the car.

A lot of times if you get it at done at a retailer they will throw it in with the price of the clubs if you buy it from them.

Duey, I just had mine done before the outing on my existing clubs and I'm finding a bit more consistency off the irons (hits and misses, with very little spray). I could've really gotten away with standard but I decided to get them adjusted anyway 1 degree flat. Best thing I ever did.

A lot of times if you get it at done at a retailer they will throw it in with the price of the clubs if you buy it from them.

Duey, I just had mine done before the outing on my existing clubs and I'm finding a bit more consistency off the irons (hits and misses, with very little spray). I could've really gotten away with standard but I decided to get them adjusted anyway 1 degree flat. Best thing I ever did.

I was really surprised in this fitting. I did it a few months ago and 2 degrees moved my "Tape Rub" to center. Today, 2 degrees didn't really make a hugh difference, but I stopped there rather than 3 degrees. Glad it helped Spank, hope it does for me.

I was really surprised in this fitting. I did it a few months ago and 2 degrees moved my "Tape Rub" to center. Today, 2 degrees didn't really make a hugh difference, but I stopped there rather than 3 degrees. Glad it helped Spank, hope it does for me.

I think you'll notice that all your solid shots will be 'solid' and your misses will be more consistent which should help you work it out. I think what it does is help you gain more consistency on ball striking so the consumer will know what to look for. Just take a note on how you're missing because I think that's a common thing that people miss these days. They want to glorify the good shots and dismiss the bad ones.

I'm really curious how much it helps moving the ball as well. I can generally count on moving things well in the air, right to left now, but struggle the other direction.

D-Day Today!

I started this thread because I hear a lot about the need to be fitted, but very seldom, if ever, hear the results. If you have been through this, please let us all know how the results came out. Better, worst, what did you see?

I made it out today with my freshly fitted irons. I played these same iron's for about a month, so had a pretty good idea of how they worked before hand. Today, I started out a bit slow with them. I was well used to pulling the ball left and the first couple holes I simply didn't trust them. However, by the third hole I was zeroed in. I started aiming at the pin and other than a little distance issue, at first, I was on the flag. Not one time, in the 9 holes I played today, did I blade or top a single shot. I can seriously say that I went over the top of the flag more times today than I have in the last 6 months of play time. My distance was a tad longer, aim was dead on, higher ball flight than I'm used to. My divot was shallower, but I expected that one, (wish I'd have taken a picture).

The only negative thing I can say, so far and not really a negative, is that I have a whole new game to learn. I consider myself very good at the short game. The wedge is my third best friend behind my putter and then my lovely Liz, lol. I didn't really get to use the wedges much and I have a new one. I'm used to hitting it close on my second shot (par 4), or third shot (par 5), then having to pitch it close enough to make a putt. Keeping my game in the 83 to 84 range per round has been tough work. Today I hit 6 of the 9 greens in regulation and the first two was simply not aiming at the green. I aimed where I used to. I also had 18 putt's in 9 holes, which is unusual for me. Generally it much lower, but the whole thing was putting, No chipping it close.

Bottom line was a 39 today for 9 holes. Had I putted better it would have been much lower. I had at least 4 pretty easy birdie putts that I missed. This was my first time out and it might have just been a great round, but I honestly feel that the fitting made a hugh difference. Time will tell, but I am impressed.

D-Day Today!

I started this thread because I hear a lot about the need to be fitted, but very seldom, if ever, hear the results. If you have been through this, please let us all know how the results came out. Better, worst, what did you see?

I made it out today with my freshly fitted irons. I played these same iron's for about a month, so had a pretty good idea of how they worked before hand. Today, I started out a bit slow with them. I was well used to pulling the ball left and the first couple holes I simply didn't trust them. However, by the third hole I was zeroed in. I started aiming at the pin and other than a little distance issue, at first, I was on the flag. Not one time, in the 9 holes I played today, did I blade or top a single shot. I can seriously say that I went over the top of the flag more times today than I have in the last 6 months of play time. My distance was a tad longer, aim was dead on, higher ball flight than I'm used to. My divot was shallower, but I expected that one, (wish I'd have taken a picture).

The only negative thing I can say, so far and not really a negative, is that I have a whole new game to learn. I consider myself very good at the short game. The wedge is my third best friend behind my putter and then my lovely Liz, lol. I didn't really get to use the wedges much and I have a new one. I'm used to hitting it close on my second shot (par 4), or third shot (par 5), then having to pitch it close enough to make a putt. Keeping my game in the 83 to 84 range per round has been tough work. Today I hit 6 of the 9 greens in regulation and the first two was simply not aiming at the green. I aimed where I used to. I also had 18 putt's in 9 holes, which is unusual for me. Generally it much lower, but the whole thing was putting, No chipping it close.

Bottom line was a 39 today for 9 holes. Had I putted better it would have been much lower. I had at least 4 pretty easy birdie putts that I missed. This was my first time out and it might have just been a great round, but I honestly feel that the fitting made a hugh difference. Time will tell, but I am impressed.

Glad your new sticks are working out well for you!

On another note, that is a great testimonial to how much of a difference getting fitted makes, and I hope that those who are on the fence or who have never considered getting fit will take the step and get properly fitted. It makes a HUGE difference when the clubs you have adapt to you, and not vice versa.

Glad your new sticks are working out well for you!

On another note, that is a great testimonial to how much of a difference getting fitted makes, and I hope that those who are on the fence or who have never considered getting fit will take the step and get properly fitted. It makes a HUGE difference when the clubs you have adapt to you, and not vice versa.

Thanks Schweitzer, I couldn't believe how much I was making up for what the clubs were doing on their own. The only shot I didn't really get to try that has me a little worried is when the ball is above my feet. I hit several below my feet and was fine, just hope that I don't dig with the dropped toe. It was fun today!

DooDue good deal man! Sounds like you got the right stuff cooking for your game now and that means a ton.

Thanks Grey. I'm a bit surprised that were not hearing from others how there fitting worked. I was really on the fense and kept putting it off. It made a world of difference for me, but either others didn't do it or purhaps they didn't see a lot of change.

Back