• Caddyshack

Votes: 130 77.4%
  • Happy Gilmore

Votes: 37 22.0%
  • Didn't care for either one

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
cannonball_run.jpg

then i highly doubt you would enjoy that one....

I love both movies, but if I had to pick it would be Caddyshack.

Movie Wise?

Step Brothers, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, etc,

Stupid Humour. I guess Caddyshack is somewhat the same, I just didn't understand it.

So you like MODERN humor.

"Nah, I'll just beat him now"

"Mistah, mistah, get this off of me, Mistah!"

"Check out the name tag. You're in my world now grandma."

"How am I supposed to chip, w/ that going on?"

"Hey, step up and see if you can outdrive the amazing, golf ball, ahhhhh, whacker guy"

"Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a sh*t"

I can go all night.

"It's easy to grin When your ship comes in And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat."

Caddyshack can't be beat. I love Happy Gilmore, but it's no contest.

"Ty, I'm no slouch you know."

"Don't be so hard on yourself, judge. You're a tremendous slouch."

No questions asked. Caddyshack is the better golf movie!

wow you are young Dent! thats another classic Cannonball Run!

RIP Captain Chaos

captain-chaos.jpg

I don't even know what movie that is! Perhaps I'm too young to recognize that one?

"My fingers hurt."
" Oh, well, now your back's gonna hurt, 'cause you just pulled landscaping duty. Anybody else's fingers hurt?"

"Just stay out of my way... or you'll pay! LISTEN to what I say!"
" Hey, why don't I just go eat some hay, make things out of clay, lay by the bay? I just may! What'd ya say? "

Chubs: They wouldn't let me play on the Pro Tour anymore.
Happy: Ah, I'm sorry. Because you're black?
Chubs: Hell no! Damned alligator BIT my hand off!

IT was prob just my sense of humour, but i never really found any of the jokes in Caddy Shack funny at all.

Caddyshack is a different style of humor than the movies nowdays. Its a lot more subtle. Personally, I always loved Rodney Dangerfield movies. "Back To School" is another good movie of his and is a very similar style as is Caddyshack.

Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity.

Caddyshack. I just don't see anything funny in Adam Sandler. :confused2: Neither is my favorite golf film.

In my opinion, Tin Cup and The Legend of Bagger Vance were both better films.

Caddyshack is a different style of humor than the movies nowdays. Its a lot more subtle. Personally, I always loved Rodney Dangerfield movies. "Back To School" is another good movie of his and is a very similar style as is Caddyshack.

Rodney Dangerfield subtle??????? Since when? :confused2:

"By the way, thanks for dressing up"

"Wow, it must be Burt Reynolds or something"

"Yeah, I just couldn't get the ball in the hole. I wanted to, but I just couldn't do it"

"I hate that clown"

Happy - I figured a guy your size. Why didn't you play a regular sport like football?

Chubbs - Too rough. Momma wouldn't sign the permission slip.

Happy - Oh yeah, good call.

Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity.

See, I'll chuckle at stuff like that. But that's something you hear from a stand up comedian. It's too scripted to be considered THAT funny.

Re: Caddyshack vs. Happy Gilmore

I like the facial expression on Rodney when he calls the hat ugly then turns around to see it on the cranky white guy.

Rodney Dangerfield subtle??????? Since when? :confused2:
Compared to a lot of the comedy movies of today, his humor was much more subtle. Especially in the case of movies like Stepbrothers or The Hangover (movies which are very vulgar when compared to Caddyshack).

What brings you to this nape of the woods, neck of the wape; How come you're here?

Shooter - You're in big trouble pal. I eat pieces of sh*t like you for breakfast.

Happy - Pfffft. You eat pieces of sh*t for breakfast?

Shooter - NO!

caddyshack200.jpg

HappyGilmoreAssKicked.jpg

0.jpg

"Trying to reach the green from here, Shooter?"

Shooter - That's not possible sir

"I beg to differ. Mr. Gilmore accomplished that feat no more than an hour ago"

Shooter - Well moron, good for Happy Gilmo-mo-mo my God

"And you can count on me waiting for you in the parking lot."

Happy - Hey, he stole my jacket.

"I believe that's Mr. Gilmore's"

Back