Shortes Par 3 ever

aca247

Reaction score
When my dad step-mom and i got to see my step grandparents me and my dad usually go to a par 64 course that is 25 dollars plus cart (required) for both of us anyway on the 17th hole it is a 78 yard par 3 it is really easy if you are accurate with your wedges and know you yardages but there is 3 bunkers one in front and on each side then the green is basically the speed of my kitchen floor and i have yet to figure out the break after 3 times and i am usually good at reading greens

Yep, a little course around me has one that sits right at 80 surrounded in traps as well (and a road 15 feet behind lol). Craziness, some days I love it, other days I curse it to no ends. lol

Yep, a little course around me has one that sits right at 80 surrounded in traps as well (and a road 15 feet behind lol). Craziness, some days I love it, other days I curse it to no ends. lol

now that you mention it there is a range and a road behind it although the road is at least 30 yards away

The course I played my high school golf at has a 75 yard par 3. It's easy, but it can be way harder than it has to be. We had a real advantage because the first few times you play it you almost always end up under clubbing by a mile. Fun hole.

The course I played my high school golf at has a 75 yard par 3. It's easy, but it can be way harder than it has to be. We had a real advantage because the first few times you play it you almost always end up under clubbing by a mile. Fun hole.

Not to get off topc, but Puttin4bird, is that hole #11 at Spring Creek a par 3? The one that goes straight downhill?

There's a course by us that hole #1 is 68 yards. So right after you're warmed up and ready to hit, you can't really hit it. Its more of a chip shot. Sunday, the 4some ahead of us, one of the guys hit a hole in one. I've birdied that hole and that was the closest I've gotten!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Last edited:
I've played two really short holes: The 60-yd ninth at Hound Hollow (now gone :sad:) and 90-yd third at McKay Creek. I know, 90 yards doesn't seem that short in comparison to the others mentioned here, but the green is about 25-30 yards below the tee. I've birdied both holes before, but they are (were) tricky!

Not to get off topc, but Puttin4bird, is that hole #11 at Spring Creek a par 3? The one that goes straight downhill?

Yes that's a par 3 Nike, it's actually about 180 yds but feels like about 65 from the forward tees being so down hill. Fun hole!

here is the complete opposite of what you guys are talking about. over in Tampa there is a course that we played a few times that has a 263 yard par 3, with about 250 yards of carry over water onto a very shallow green. ridiculous

At Scholl Canyon, there's a hole on the back 9 that's a Par 3, but you have to land it on the green or your ball is gone. You tee off and then there's a cliff separating you from the green and then the green is just sticking out from the mountainside. So if you don't hit the green, your ball is going down the mountainside!

At Scholl Canyon, there's a hole on the back 9 that's a Par 3, but you have to land it on the green or your ball is gone. You tee off and then there's a cliff separating you from the green and then the green is just sticking out from the mountainside. So if you don't hit the green, your ball is going down the mountainside!

Is there a drop zone- or are you putting balls down the cliff until you finally hit the green. That could be an expensive hole for me!

Is there a drop zone- or are you putting balls down the cliff until you finally hit the green. That could be an expensive hole for me!

The green isn't too far from the tee off place and its parallel to it, you just need to chip it just right for it to land on the green. Its not a bad course, its cheap with awesome views of Los Angeles, its around $20 or so with cart. The back 9 is horrible!! Its a Par 60 course.

The course is probably inexpensive because you make up for it in golf balls haa haa haa :D

At the course where we are learning to play (Deep Cliff in Cupertino) there is an 88 yard par three 8th. The green is protected in front by 2 bunkers. The green behind the pin is a slope that is so steep that I don't think that you could hand place a ball there without it rolling off of the green. The first time that we played the course, our instructor had us skip that hole.

This stupid par 3 17th hole has ruined my round too many times. Its usually between 85 to 100 yards. Its downhill but the wind is always in your face plus the hill in the front and on the side is a lot steeper then it looks. The green is ridiculous as well.
adm-034022350378951.jpg

that green is nuts. is the pin ever placed in the middle?
This stupid par 3 17th hole has ruined my round too many times. Its usually between 85 to 100 yards. Its downhill but the wind is always in your face plus the hill in the front and on the side is a lot steeper then it looks. The green is ridiculous as well.
adm-034022350378951.jpg

there's a pitch an putt near my home course thats actually pretty fun with a 68yrd par3 with all kinds of trouble around it

that green is nuts. is the pin ever placed in the middle?

Its usually either front or back but I remember them putting it middle left a few times. The green and the hole are kind of stupid, its like they ran out of room.

Our shortest Par 3 is 140 a little downhill. Usually use a 50* wedge. Bunkers in the back and front right. Pin placement is practically ALWAYS tucked away in the back right behind the bunker and is impossible to stick it next to it without sailing it over.

However yesterday the pin was in the middle..and I hit a nice draw with a 9* as I wasn't hitting my irons too solid...and I missed a "dunk" hole-in-one by 18". :(

Back