Tour Talk W/ Jake & Dano – Lorena Retiring, Quail Hollow Preview, & More

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Tour Talk W/ Jake & Dano is back this week with a great show covering everything in the world of golf on tour.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=8802

Join them as they discuss:

The Lorena Ochoa Retirement
The Verizon Win By Jim Furyk
The Brian Davis Penalty
The Bohn Win in New Orleans
Quail Hollow Preview
And So Much More

lorena-ochoa.jpg

I just listened to this and to me this was their best show they have done to date. The Lorena talk was really interesting and so was the entire show.

Show is loading...

Edit: Suzanne Petterson. Great call for new No. 1.

Edit2: Jason Bone hugging Peter Costas after Tiger chewed him out at the masters. Very funny.

Edit3: Missing 4 footers, death never looked so easy to avoid.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I enjoyed it. I'd love to see the ambidexterous, adulterous Tiger Mickleson out on the course one day.

I really enjoyed this show and I will have to agree that it was the best one yet!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, that means a lot. We're trying to get better with each show so we appreciate it when we hear feedback like this.

Let's bump this thread up to get some people listening to the show! C'mon everyone, let us know what you think!

• Admin
Like many have said I thought this was your best show. I loved all the info and I was also shocked at Lorena's announcement.

My prediction is that Yani Tseng will be the one to take over the number one spot in Ochoa's abscence. Though, I would love to see Petterson step up and take it.

I also think Yani will make a pretty serious charge and could grab that number one spot, I predicted Suzann kind of as a little wishful thinking on my part. I think it is a great opportunity for someone to kick down the door and grab hold of that top spot though. Anyone in that top 10 right now could make her case with another big win or two.

sorry p4b, i haven't listened yet. i will tomorrow. thursday nights are thp radio nights for me (i have certain shows on tuesday/wednesday nights that i must watch). i can't wait to listen to it though.

No prob tc, thanks for taking a sec to tell me that! I hope you like the show, I think you will!

No prob tc, thanks for taking a sec to tell me that! I hope you like the show, I think you will!

i think i will too. i've liked all of them so far and i really like the topics this week. i'll let you know my thoughts after i tune in.

I'll pull this down and listen tomorrow if possible from home. My hearing sucks, so I have to turn it way up and I'm in a motel again tonight. Sounds like everyone likes it so far, can't wait to hear it.

I also think Yani will make a pretty serious charge and could grab that number one spot, I predicted Suzann kind of as a little wishful thinking on my part. I think it is a great opportunity for someone to kick down the door and grab hold of that top spot though. Anyone in that top 10 right now could make her case with another big win or two.

So I have been able to think about this a little bit and I have decided that Pettersen is a pretty good pick for the next Torch carrier of the LPGA. She is tied for the lead in scoring average at 70.06 and 4th in driving average @ 267. Where she is stuggling is hitting fairways and knocking in putts. Both of these stats she is ranked in the mid 40's overall. While Michelle Wie is still leading the pack with the driver (@ 272 yds approximately 50 yards longer than your best Jake), she is stuggling when it comes to hitting fairways. As Jake will eventually learn you can't score well if you are consistently telling yourself that trees are 80% air. Wie also needs to work on her putter a little bit and that is why I wouldn't say she is ready to carry the LPGA torch.

Suzann so it is official you now have both Jake and Dano rooting for you each and every week. You have 3 top 3's in 4 events this year, isn't it about time you kick the door down and start winning some of these. Last year you finished @ -24 in the Tres Marias Championship, (runner up to Lorena) let see you put up some similar numbers this year.

finally listened to the show. well done! seems as though one of you was correct about mr. mickelson this week, haha! can't wait for the next episode.

Just heard the show guy's. Great job once again. I'll have to go with the crowd and say this might have been one of your best, however I really liked the one with GG a lot. Covered a lot of gound in this one and sounded very at ease, great job!

As a first time listyener, I can't say if it was your best or not...but I know its was really good.

I truly enjoyed the show, a major league great job to you!

finally listened to the show. well done! seems as though one of you was correct about mr. mickelson this week, haha! can't wait for the next episode.

Whoops, I kinda look to have blown that one huh? It's early yet though, we'll see!

Just heard the show guy's. Great job once again. I'll have to go with the crowd and say this might have been one of your best, however I really liked the one with GG a lot. Covered a lot of gound in this one and sounded very at ease, great job!

Thanks duey, I'm glad you liked it, you're right we are more at ease now doing the shows. It's really odd to me, I almost never get nervous in front of crowds and such but I actually get a little nervous as soon we hit "record" kinda weird. We're getting better and will be coming back right away this weekend with a recap of all the tour action and a preview of The Players Championship, it should be fun.

I must say that I was a major critic of the show, but I think you guys are just now starting to hit your stride! I am excited to hear what you say about Tiger, Phil, AK and the rest.

I'll be listening to this after this week's In The Rough episode. The reviews sound great!

Just finished listening and I agree with everyone that it's the best show yet. Good transitions, interesting talk. Why did Dano sound different than in the past though? Not that I couldn't tell it was him, but there was less noise on his end. Or something.

Back