The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knee slides? What da hell is that ? :bulgy-eyes:

KellyBo let me borrow her lunbar roll that helped a bit. I had to stop in Augusta and buy a small bottle of Ibuprofen for the ride back. Oh well ya got to be tough. Riding down to Valdosta with DawgDaddy November 1st so the old hip will have to bit*h about that ride too. :at-wits-end:

Those damn stretches where you bend your knee as far back as possible to your chest. I reached the screaming point at about 105 degrees. Then this sweet little PT decided it could go another 3 degrees with some help.

Oh yeah that felt good and I think the rest of the room knew it. Ha

Those damn stretches where you bend your knee as far back as possible to your chest. I reached the screaming point at about 105 degrees. Then this sweet little PT decided it could go another 3 degrees with some help.

Oh yeah that felt good and I think the rest of the room knew it. Ha

Yea now I remember. Those suckers were brutal! :beat-up:

Just flew into CA with the family. Waited over an hour for the car rental shuttle so just switched the reservation. Both kids should be asleep right now. #ihearttravelling

Just flew into CA with the family. Waited over an hour for the car rental shuttle so just switched the reservation. Both kids should be asleep right now. #ihearttravelling
Happened to me in Chicago a couple weeks ago. The Budget line was so long that people were on their laptops making new reservations. Last month we went to LA for work. My buddy had some kind of status with Hertz where we just hopped off the shuttle, walked up to a board, saw which car was ours and hopped in. So nice.

Happened to me in Chicago a couple weeks ago. The Budget line was so long that people were on their laptops making new reservations. Last month we went to LA for work. My buddy had some kind of status with Hertz where we just hopped off the shuttle, walked up to a board, saw which car was ours and hopped in. So nice.
Hertz #1 Gold service. It's extremely nice. Don't have to pick up paperwork just go to stall number and drive to exit both and give your ID. I'm a member but don't know how much it costs. There was an initial fee for me many years ago but the service is free afterwards with a certain number of annual rentals.

Hertz #1 Gold service. It's extremely nice. Don't have to pick up paperwork just go to stall number and drive to exit both and give your ID. I'm a member but don't know how much it costs. There was an initial fee for me many years ago but the service is free afterwards with a certain number of annual rentals.

Yeah, that and National are great programs. We dont pay for the programs, but usually qualify for one or the other based on rentals. Funny story was last time I was out in Cali, we rented from Hertz and you take a bus from the airport to the rental car facility. I get a notification on my Hertz app that says you selected a Ford Focus as your car, would you like to choose a different model? They give me some choices, and I select the Toyota Corolla. No upgrade fee and they tell me its in spot f35 or something like that.

We get to the car and its like a 2005 Corolla. Thing was a complete piece of junk and we even timed that it took about 13 seconds to get to 60 mph. Did not realize they would have a car on the lot nearing 10 years old.

the 0 to 60 game was fun though

and yeah it was a POS

Holy cow that's an old car for a rental. Had to come from the local fleet. You will see some older cars in the satellite locations that are primarily used by locals renting while an insurance repair is done on their own car. Rare to see those in the airport locations though, but I did one-time get a Mazada that had like 35,000 miles on it.

My guess is these get to the airport locations by one way rentals that someone returns to the airport.

My only beef with Hertz is how insane their rates are sometimes. Can be ungodly high compared to other companies.

Holy cow that's an old car for a rental. Had to come from the local fleet. You will see some older cars is the satellite locations that are primarily used by locals renting while an insurance repair is done on their own car. Rare to see those in the airport locations though, but I did one-time get a Mazada that had like 35,000 miles on it.

My guess is these get to the airport locations by one way rentals that someone returns to the airport.

My only beef with Hertz is how insane there rates are sometimes. Can be ungodly high compared to other companies.

Me too. This one had 56k miles on it. It was hysterical.
We have sort of switched over to National for the same reason.

Me too. This one had 56k miles on it. It was hysterical.
We have sort of switched over to National for the same reason.

I use national now, left hertz 4 years ago.

I hate National, but all rental car companies are just different flavors of the same scheme.

I hate National, but all rental car companies are just different flavors of the same scheme.

They really are. And as you get tied into one program, the rates creep up and you have to switch to another.

I hate you you buy a cup of coffee and its so Fing hot it burns your lip before it even makes it in your mouth.

I hate you you buy a cup of coffee and its so Fing hot it burns your lip before it even makes it in your mouth.

You must get your coffee from LavaJava. I've never had coffee that hot

You must get your coffee from LavaJava. I've never had coffee that hot
Lol, good ole Dunkin Doughnuts. To top it off your natural reaction is to pull it away, so I ended up with coffee down the front of me, lol.

I typically rent from national for work, but was going cheaper with the family in tow. I will say Alamo at lax hand their stuff together and ended up with a better rate and got to choose my car.

I typically rent from national for work, but was going cheaper with the family in tow. I will say Alamo at lax hand their stuff together and ended up with a better rate and got to choose my car.

I rented from Alamo last week as well and had a great experience, best price, got a free upgrade and then when I got there got another upgrade. Clean car, easy in and out.

So clearly the service writers at the car dealership don't deal with many people that know how cars work anymore. Any little bit of knowledge other than "I stick the key in and it goes vroom" results in no response to a question.

Stupid ass cable company just busted my water line, I'm livid right now.

"Well, its late, but we will try to get someone out here"

Wrong effing answer. This bill is on them, they'll pay the OT.

Rain... 2 straight days of miserable, cold rain!

Wife just texted me that our son took his first steps earlier today. Where was I when this happened? Stuck at work. I love my job, but I hate missing out on milestones like that.

Wife just texted me that our son took his first steps earlier today. Where was I when this happened? Stuck at work. I love my job, but I hate missing out on milestones like that.
Good luck keeping up with him now, doc.

PT kicked my but again today. Have literally no energy right now.

Made some more good progress today. It's tough but using 2015 THP events as the carrot on the end of the stick helps the grind.

PT kicked my but again today. Have literally no energy right now.

Made some more good progress today. It's tough but using 2015 THP events as the carrot on the end of the stick helps the grind.

Stick with it!! The harder you work now the easier it is later! That's some good motivation keep it up

Golf course just over seeded, said the range would re-open on Monday, but for limited hours because the range is now "hand picked".
So, off I go to the range, it has been three weeks. Nope, it is closed for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back