whats your favourite club youve ever owned

phoul

Reaction score
Handicap
well, whats your favourite club you've ever had, could be past or present. my favourite club is one that my grandfather gave me, I'm not even sure what it is and have no idea who made it. This one is my favourite because ive never seen anything like it, and its somewhat sentimental
by the way its unplayable the head is loose from thje shaft (wood shaft :p)
anyone know what it is?
IMG_0055.jpg

oh yes and its also gripped with electrical tape

Looks like an old mashie. Very nice.

I dont really have a sentimental favorite, but I every club in my bag right now. My favorite seems to be whatever is working that day.

My old Adams Tight Lies 4 iron w/bimatrix shaft. I used to be able to hit that club high and make it land soft, it was also my get out of jail club. I could punch it and keep it low. Even chip with it. I have never hit a 4 iron as consitant as I did that club.

This week I'm a fan of my Nickent 5dx 3H. Can't hit it poorly.

On the other hand, my brand new X-22 irons that I got as a gift I can't hit to save my LIFE! Yet ...

Addendum: Sorry, you said ever ... I totally don't have one.

Last edited:
I have a :taylormade: 19 degree Mid Rescue with an NV shaft. I love this club, my go to for sure!

For the first time I can say that I am actually satisfied with every club in my bag. My favorite would have to be my SeeMore mfgp putter. I love the way the ball feel when struck. Next would be my PING G15 irons.

My all time favorite club was the original Taylor Made titanium driver with the bubble shaft. I could absolutely crush it, and played it up until about five or six years ago. I should give it a whirl right now.

Kevin

My all time favorite club was the original Taylor Made titanium driver with the bubble shaft. I could absolutely crush it, and played it up until about five or six years ago. I should give it a whirl right now.

Kevin

There are two or three guys at my club that still use that driver and swear by it.

My wife KellyBo took/stole my favorite club (Cobra UFI Lob wedge 58 degree) to her tournament for Tuesday/Wednesday. It's a club I can count on when I need to pitch er high & tight :eek:)..... "The drivers are fun to hit, however the wedges save your chit" :eek:)!!!!!! Original from the "Quote Monster" :alien2:

i think it would be my first Great Big Bertha driver that i bought around 96/97. i had been using a typical smaller metal driver prior to purchasing it. at the time, they were considered to be huge, and i used to kill it. that was the first time i had ever spent over $400 on a single golf club. hard to believe you can buy those now for 10 bucks

My wife KellyBo took/stole my favorite club (Cobra UFI Lob wedge 58 degree) to her tournament for Tuesday/Wednesday. It's a club I can count on when I need to pitch er high & tight :eek:)..... "The drivers are fun to hit, however the wedges save your chit" :eek:)!!!!!! Original from the "Quote Monster" :alien2:

i read that thread, thats great :D i definetly use my pitching wedge the most as im never on the fairway or green in range

A chipper my Dad gave me when I was learning to golf in the "olden days" (early 80s), before greens became bunkered fortresses to protect against 460cc drivers and box-grooved wedges. Homely thing pulled from a bargain bin looked like a stunted 7 iron. But inside of 100 yards, that thing was amazingly easy to roll up onto the green with -- for whatever reason, much different feel than simply choking up on a regular iron.

It would have to be my stx putter. I've had it for over 10 years and have tried replacing it a few times, but it always finds a way to sneak back into my bag.

My 1-iron.

I loved that club. It was one of the most versatile clubs I've ever owned. Great for tight fairways, great for hitting a low draw, great into the wind and a good "go for it" club on par 5's. Not only that, it was a nice chipping club if I had just a bit of fringe to clear and then needed to roll a long putt to the hole.

But now that 2-irons and even some 3-irons have the same loft, I'd have to bend that 1-iron to 16 degrees or so to have it fit in and that's a little ridiculous. I know that I could just use a 2 or 3-iron instead, but there was something special about pulling out an iron with an actual "1" stamped on the sole.

-JP

My 1-iron.

I loved that club. It was one of the most versatile clubs I've ever owned. Great for tight fairways, great for hitting a low draw, great into the wind and a good "go for it" club on par 5's. Not only that, it was a nice chipping club if I had just a bit of fringe to clear and then needed to roll a long putt to the hole.

But now that 2-irons and even some 3-irons have the same loft, I'd have to bend that 1-iron to 16 degrees or so to have it fit in and that's a little ridiculous. I know that I could just use a 2 or 3-iron instead, but there was something special about pulling out an iron with an actual "1" stamped on the sole.

-JP

You da man JP!

I actually used an old blade mizuno 2 iron to chip with from 40 yards in back during the winter when the grass was all matted down etc. Once I got the feel of that thing it was a pretty cool club.

Ping 3 Wood Pre-Eye Model "Kartsten III" with Black finish. (had the whole set of woods and irons - still have all the woods)

Used it from 1980 to about 1995 both as a driver and a fairway wood. The drivers back in those days were hard to hit and I found I could hit this 3 wood as far as anyone's driver and be way more accurate. The bottom of the club is very worn. Had to finally retire it as the hosel was getting very weak and I could not keep a shaft in place any more. It sits in my office now.

Replaced it with a Henry Griffit steel driver and have probably changed drivers every 2 years since.

my nickent 3dx ironwood 4h or my sabertooth putter

My "go to" set would be my Cleveland TA3 "form forged" irons from the early 2000's. They were my first "players set" I've ever had. I still have the "D" (gap) wedge in my mixed bag. I had them for a few years and was just money with them. Just forgiving enough and I could work them so well, high, low, fade, draw, and they were so clean looking. IMO one of the best looking sets ever. I wish I still had them but I traded them in and got like $150 trade-in for them. Bummer....

I don't have one particular club that is my favorite, but rather an entire set. Powerbilt Citation blades; they were my dad's when he played college ball. He was the best golfer I've ever seen.. used a Ram driver bought from Wal-Mart, whatever ball he found on the course or bought for 50 cents in the pro shop before we tee'd off, and those blades from the 70's. He still shot 60's and 70's every time out. He has always been my example of how all the equipment in the world can't make you a scratch golfer, and also how a good golfer can make it work with almost any type of equipment, brand name or not.

I would have to say it comes down to two for me.
Had an old Knight DI in the bag for a season and saved me because I couldn't hit a wood to save my life that summer. It was pretty sad, but there was something about that old chunk of steel on the end of a stick. Still have it in the closet.
My current J36 hybrid is money for me right now. I love that thing. Best purchase for my game and was lucky since I have never even seen a Bridgestone club in person before mine arrived.

My favorite has to be the old school ping zing 2 putter or the callaway big bertha hawkeye driver. the putter is so solid i just recently pulled it out of my bag and the driver is more than slightly obsolete so i have replaced it but it was amazing when i first got it as a hand me down from dad

My favorite has to be the old school ping zing 2 putter or the callaway big bertha hawkeye driver. the putter is so solid i just recently pulled it out of my bag and the driver is more than slightly obsolete so i have replaced it but it was amazing when i first got it as a hand me down from dad

welcome to thp and war eagle

The last few times Ive played and struggled theres been one club that has performed well each time, my Diablo Edge 3W. Love that club.

Back