Taylormade Burner Super Fast Fairway Woods

The way you guys keep talking about this club I think its going to be the first one that I look for to demo. I love more distance!

We dont have a demo version at the FL golf outing, but if your nice, I can let you try mine. :alien:

We dont have a demo version at the FL golf outing, but if your nice, I can let you try mine. :alien:

lol :angel: I'll bring some candy! What about the Superfast driver?

yes, we have that.

I wasn't sold on the design initially but the look has definitely grown on me.

These fairway woods are super. I have to say I have never hit a longer/higher 3 wood or 5 wood. I would agree that the 3 wood is not that far behind my driver. JB, any thoughts of switching your Miyazaki over to a Superfast driver?

These fairway woods are super. I have to say I have never hit a longer/higher 3 wood or 5 wood. I would agree that the 3 wood is not that far behind my driver. JB, any thoughts of switching your Miyazaki over to a Superfast driver?

I like the Superfast quite a bit, but the R9 is still my favorite driver I have hit over the last couple of years. If I do switch it, it would most likely be the G15, the SuperTri, or the Diablo Edge. But there are a few others too.

JB,
Just wondering if the review is up on these bad boys?

No, not yet. It will be up next week actually. We delayed it because we want to get the FL Golf Outing people's feedback in the review.

No, not yet. It will be up next week actually. We delayed it because we want to get the FL Golf Outing people's feedback in the review.

just curious are you in the Orlando Area? I'm there usually twice a year to visit the inlaws.

No, we are in the Sarasota area. We have the FL Golf Outing coming up this weekend.

Are the Superfast 3w 5w shafts longer then average like the Driver?

Are the Superfast 3w 5w shafts longer then average like the Driver?

Shaft is a little longer, a little lighter, and the club head is large for a fw metal.

Ive been hitting this club a lot recently, it is simply fantastic.
I need a new driver now, as the 3w is catching up on the R7 drivers yardage.

I played the 07 myself for a good 5 months back when it came out. A very good 3 wood. This one is DEFINITELY longer for me both off the deck and the tee. I did not think I would find a 3 wood better than the R9, which many around the forum have heard me say that I believe is the best on the market followd closely by the Dymo Quadkeel. But this one is very solid. Playing twice this weekend at new courses, so I will have more detail for hte review coming up soon.

JB,

Has the review come out yet for the Superfast fairway woods ? Thinking about purchasing one soon. Thanks !

It has not. We have all the testing done and it will go up Monday or Tuesday of next week. This week is already blocked off unfortunately, but some exciting stuff coming up this week still.

JB,

Do you think that the Superfast 3W would perform well as a backup driver for a Mid/High capper off the tee, especially because of the larger head ?

I used it to tee off with on 4 holes yesterday. The length I am seeing is closer to that of a 2 wood.

I love the look of these woods, and the shaft is awesome. A little light for my tastes, but an overall great club for sure.

How is this one of the deck? I have the 07 Burner and hit it mostly off the deck with great success so it needs to do well as an actual fairway wood.

I second the comments on it's length. I've played a few rounds with a 15 degree now and it is definitely longer than the Edge Tour I've been using. I prefer the dispersion of the Edge Tour however, jury is out which one lands a semi-permanent spot in the bag!

NoLine,

Which model of Tour Edge are you comparing to the Superfast 15 degree ? In your estimation, how much longer is the Superfast ?

NoLine,

Which model of Tour Edge are you comparing to the Superfast 15 degree ? In your estimation, how much longer is the Superfast ?

I was actually referring to the Diablo Edge Tour - 15 degree. The Superfast is a good 10 to 12 yards longer, consistently. Now that I'm dialing it in the dispersion is getting tighter as well.

The review on this one will be coming up tomorrow for everybody.

Back