Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Very, very, very low, I think.

slim to none. didn't you see "any given sunday"?

IT was posted in the NFL thread earlier today. Craziness. Was he hanging out with Ben and Kobe again?

IT was posted in the NFL thread earlier today. Craziness. Was he hanging out with Ben and Kobe again?

In all fairness, Ben and Kobe weren't convicted. LT most likely will be.

In all fairness, Ben and Kobe weren't convicted. LT most likely will be.

We dont know if he will be convicted or not. But we all know what happened with Kobe. He paid and made a statement.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Lawrence Taylor

Bet his prison # will be 276893-56

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The REAL LT really is Tomlinson.

How can I put this lightly?

Wrong.

I'd rather have a great player and a class act as the real LT, than a great player and a rapist.

Jus' sayin'.

You don't get to choose who is the real LT.

LT was around LONG before Tomlinson
LT was called LT long before Tomlinson
LT is, legal trouble aside, one of the top 5 NFL players of all time- and arguably the best defensive player to don shoulder pads and a helmet

LT is, legal trouble aside, one of the top 5 NFL players of all time- and arguably the best defensive player to don shoulder pads and a helmet
Taylor no doubt revolutionized the OLB position.

Tomlinson was also great right out of the gate. He had a phenominal career in San Diego, won an MVP, put up some GREAT numbers.

Arguably the best dual threat running back of all-time...Him or Marshall Faulk.

+1 well said!

I could only shake my head when I heard about this.

LT, what are you doing man? Just being in the same room w/ a runaway prostitute who is 16 is a really, bad, bad idea.

I'm not comfortable convicting and saying the guy is guilty without knowing everything, but this probably won't end well.

Tsk tsk tsk.

You never heard of the new law that was passed? You lose your nickname when you rape an under-aged girl.

I can't quite remember the exact quotes but in the Rice vs. Taylor matchup on Donald Trumps show...

Trump was saying how Taylor has turned his life around, Golf is a huge part of his life, Taylor credits his passion for Golf on putting his past behind him and enjoying the outdoors/etc.

I liked his game, beat Jerry Rice and the whole time he was puffing a cigar.

The best was Jerry asked Lawrence "How many rings you got?"

Taylor - "We counting wedding rings? I got plenty of those."

Well...The list may add another as your current wife probably isn't too happy.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I'd rather have a great player and a class act as the real LT, than a great player and a rapist.

Jus' sayin'.

Didnt you just say earlier that a person is supposed to be convicted?

Taylor no doubt revolutionized the OLB position.

Tomlinson was also great right out of the gate. He had a phenominal career in San Diego, won an MVP, put up some GREAT numbers.

Arguably the best dual threat running back of all-time...Him or Marshall Faulk.

Your clearly young! Short memories are a great thing. Try going back a few decades and realize that the NFL did not start in the nineties. Tomlinson has been nothing more than a flash in the pan. A great running back for a few years. Comparing him to all time greats such as Smith, Payton, Sanders, Sayers, OJ, and the list could go on is an embarrassment to the game of football. Your age is clearly coming out now!

You never heard of the new law that was passed? You lose your nickname when you rape an under-aged girl.

I love this stuff. You are the same person that said off the field stuff does not matter, because all you care about is what they do on the field when discussing players like you.....Sorry, you cant have it both ways.

Last edited:
Wow JB, Im very surprised to read that from you. I dont post here alot but I read ALL the time :), and it really surprises me that you would consider Tomlinson a "flash in the pan". Im not super young, but Im not new to the game of football either. Tomlinson is far froma flash in the pan, and definitely deserves to be mentioned with the names you mentioned. Those players were game changing players, as was Tomlinson. i will say that until last year, I have been a huge Charger fan (since early 90s actually), and I feel that anyone that wants to judge Tomlinson based on his last couple seasons needs to realize that it really isnt his fault that the GM of the team is, for lack of a better term, a complete arrogant moron. The combination of him, Marty, and Neal turned the Charger organization around.

Holds the all-time NFL record for single season touchdowns (31).
Holds the all-time NFL record for single season rushing touchdowns (28).
Holds the all-time NFL record for the most points scored in a single season (186).
Holds the all-time NFL record for most consecutive games with a rushing touchdown (18).
Holds the NFL record for most consecutive multi-touchdown games (8).
Tied the record for most consecutive games with a touchdown score
Holds the all-time NFL record for fewest games needed to achieve 100 touchdowns
Second place on the list of NFL all-time rushing touchdown leaders
In 2006 Tomlinson became the only player in NFL history to score 3+ touchdowns in 4 straight games
Became the only player in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards (910 m) and receive 100 passes in a single season.
Second player in NFL history with 1,800 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards in one season.
LaDainian joins Emmitt Smith, Priest Holmes, Shaun Alexander, and Marshall Faulk as the only running backs to record consecutive seasons of 20 or more touchdowns
Holds the record for most seasons with 17+ touchdowns with 5;(consecutive) 2003-2007
Holds the record for most seasons with 18+ touchdowns with 4

These are far from flash type numbers.

Now, with all of that being said, the real LT is Lawrence Taylor, period. That will never change. Regardless of what he does in his personal life, and how disappointing it may be.

Flash in the pan is a great term for it because if you look at all the stuff you listed most of those records occurred during a select few years. He was the most dominant RB in football for about a 3-5 year period. But he did not win, and he was not the best overall player in the game during that stretch because he was dominant during a time with Manning and Brady, and a few others. Comparing that to the all time greats in the NFL is not a fair comparison in my mind. And I am also going to go out on a limb and say he will be known just as much for his post season endeavors or lack there of than anything else. But I suspect you may be a bit biased correct? You cannot compare RB TD numbers for those of years past, because it is a different game. Does anybody really consider Priest Holmes or Shaun Alexander all time greats? Similar thing, they were dominant and perhaps the best in the league for a few years and that is it.

Comparing Tomlinson's career to that of Lawrence Taylor for on the field play is a complete embarrassment. They played different positions, but one was a game changer and the best player in the game for over a decade. A true legendary player that comes along rarely. I hated him as a person and a player, but nobody can deny his skill level.

And calling him one of the two best dual threat backs of all time shows severe short term memory!

I know it may be hard to believe, but Im actually not very biased. I give my honest opinions on players regardless of where they play. Also, there is a very big difference in the NFL elite, NFL Great players, and NFL flash in the pan players. If you look at numbers, His numbers are pretty comparable to the other players you mentioned, and he was dominant for more than 3-4 years I believe, he just didnt get the press in the beginning because of the team he was on. He has been in the league for 9 seasons, 7 of those seasons he has rushed for over 1200 yds. His last 2 seasons have been his lowest season totals, and to no surprise, has been his fewest touches in his career (go figure, if he doesnt get the ball, he cant get yardage...who knew).

7 consecutive great rushing seasons (8 consecutive good seasons considering his 1100 yd 08 seson) does not equal a flash player.

On a side note, if one looks and analyzes pretty closely, they will see that football is a cycle. There were great QBs for a period that dominated, defenses had to start building around this, so they get CBs and defend passes. After defenses build this, teams have to figure out ways to beat it...in comes the time of great running backs. A few running backs will come out and be dominant for a while (I believe this is where we have been the previous to the 08 season). Teams then start to build running defenses and focus on running backs...QBs start to air the ball out again, and they emerge as the dominant offensive position (this is where the game has been moving the past year or two).

I liked Taylor personally, I didnt know about his off field problems until later in life though. But he was Insane to watch play. They year they won the superbowl he played with a separated shoulder...He revolutionized the LB position, and there have been many many phenomenal LBs to come out since him (OLB probably to me more specific).

Phenomenal players change the way the other team has to plan and play. Taylor was one of these...Tomlinson as well...

edit: just noting that im not arguing here, just enjoy a good debate :D I dont want anything to come accross wrong

Back