importance of golf shoes?

Jim McMahon golfs shoeless.

i was once at a range and this 15yr old kid was taking a lesson... he was hitting 110 yrd strikes with a short wedge right at the flag without wearing any shoes... utterly impressive

Setho -- I ordered my Ecco's prior to our Southeastern outing and find out they are: Back Ordered :angry: item expected to ship on Aug 17 2010

That sux so much! I have been really enjoying my Pumas. It is like playing golf in shoes I would wear every day.

I finally ditched the golf shoes. Been playing in some flat soled DVS shoes for about 2 months now and haven't noticed any difference in scores. I still suck. I have spent anywhere from $50 - $200 on shoes and my feet always hurt after a round of walking. I think for the recreational golfer wearing non-golf shoes, but comfortable shoes is all that is needed. I have played both in dry and wet conditions and haven't noticed any loss of grip, balance, stability, etc, except when it was soaking wet out with the flat soled shoes.

Ofc, there are courses that won't let you on unless you're wearing proper golfshoes.

Brother-in-law brought a friend to Valdarrama back when my sis lived in Spain. As he didn't bring any they had to go to the shop and get a pair. Cheapest was around $400. :act-up:

Shoes are one of the most important pieces of equipment in ANY sport. Have a good based, comfort and confidence is important. My feet have damage for 10 years of pro and minor league football. Nerve damage, a few missing parts of bone here and there, numbness. I carried 4 - 5 pairs of shoes to every football game. Even if I knew the field, game day conditions may change the type of shoe I wore.

I struggled with finding the right golf shoe for years. Wearing cheap, poorly fitting shoes will harm your feet, distract you during golf and lower your score.

So yes, golf shoes are important. Open thy wallet and get fitted for the pair that works best for you.

I have mixed feelings about this topic. I have 2 pairs of golf footwear, FJ Contours and FJ golf sandals. However, most of the winter I wear a pair of Merrill Outback lightweight hiking shoes and my game pretty much remains the same.

I also use a personal swing improvement method which involves NOT wearing golf shoes. When I start to get to quick in my swing, especially at the top, I've found that I can improve my tempo by wearing a pair of slick soled shoes and focus on making full shots without slipping. When I can do that I've got my tempo back where is should be, with a smooth transition and even acceleration through the impact area. There was an extended period when I wore a pair of Rockport Walkers for golf for a couple of seasons, and it helped my swing immensely because I got instant feedback when I swung too hard... I'd slip and so I would immediately dial the swing back again. I'm tempted to start doing that again and see if I can find what's been giving me fits the last year or so.

I also don't believe that the typical golfer needs to spend $200+ on a pair of golf shoes. There are very functional and comfortable shoes for $100 and less. My FJ Contours fit like a glove and cost me about $60. I've had them for 3 years now, and wear them about 50/50 split time with the sandals. Aside from needing new cleats right now, they are still in perfect shape.

They said Vijay is wearing the Ecco shoes now, at least in practice. If you go back and look at the video of Couples, I believe he is wearing socks, they are the anklet socks so you can't see them sticking out at all.

They said Vijay is wearing the Ecco shoes now, at least in practice. If you go back and look at the video of Couples, I believe he is wearing socks, they are the anklet socks so you can't see them sticking out at all.

Vijay is trying them out but cannot wear them during the round because of his shoe deal. Fred has stated on 2 occasions that he was wearing them without socks.

Back