poulters signature side slits

vicar

Banned
Reaction score
not normally paying attention to ian ... but did this week duplicitously for the contests sake ... and i noticed the side slits at the hem of his pants ...

honestly ... i couldn't help but think ...
how absolutely wrong they looked ...

so i did some research ... and it seems these slits are a signature style to his collection ...

well ...

i won't fault the man for wanting to have his own distinctive style ... in fact i genuinely commend him for that ... and some of his collection is quite swank and posh ... worthy of compliment and even imitation ...

but the side slits are a big N - O and much too feminine ... euphemistically speaking ... for even individual style sense to justify on a mans pant ... the slits should really stay on womens clothing ... there's just really no other way to say it ...

ok ... ok ... truth be told there is ...
they're awful dude ...

ian ... fashion tip ... there really is a limit to sex deconstruction ...

before i knew they were a feature of his signature ... i confess ... i wondered if he just decided to take his eccentric propensity on a cockeyed joyride for reasons unknown ...

but when i learned they weren't merely an isolated manifestation of the hermaphroditically absurd ... i couldn't help but think ... i'm not so sure i'd believe him if he said he doesn't also wear pantyhose ...

borrowing from an article in the new york times years ago ... "repressed, unmoisturized heterosexuality has been given the pink slip by consumer capitalism" ... there's no second guessing that ...

but someday you're going to look back at those hem slits and wonder what the hell were you thinking ...
at least one hopes you will ...

Last edited:
Ian has a different look, I personally think Ricky fowler is best dress on the course, but Ian has his moments.

Ian has a different look, I personally think Ricky fowler is best dress on the course, but Ian has his moments.

lol ... that's either very kind or very diplomatic of you to say ...
perhaps both ... :clapp: i however am not bound by those admirable characteristics if at least just for this thread ...

I actually like the look.

Beyond that point- I think that if you like traditional golf clothing/attire (like most of us on this forum do, myself included) you loose the right to judge other people by their clothing. :act-up: Most of what we really like is kinda outlandish when taken off the golf course. I feel the same way about people who complain about the painter/army hats and shaggy haired, unshaven "kids". If we expect people to tolerate our unique sense of style we should appreciate others too.

I actually like the look.

Beyond that point- I think that if you like traditional golf clothing/attire (like most of us on this forum do, myself included) you loose the right to judge other people by their clothing. :act-up: Most of what we really like is kinda outlandish when taken off the golf course. I feel the same way about people who complain about the painter/army hats and shaggy haired, unshaven "kids". If we expect people to tolerate our unique sense of style we should appreciate others too.

like it or dislike it ... both are equally fine ... <softball> and i'm quite sure bad taste and good taste have the same rights of expression ...

My point is mostly that a large portion of the world they would tell us that WE have bad taste... and to be perfectly honest we probably do! :angel:

Im not sure where you went to fashion school or where your history came from, but that type of pant has been around for decades for men in the world of golf. They are no where near a "Female only" fashion product.

The idea behind it is that the pants drape over the shoes better rather than bunching up above the shoe. There are more than a dozen brands that have this including a brand like Elevee that makes pants for half the guys on tour.

Last edited:
poulters signature side slits

I actually like them ... Now back to the sexual deconstruction part of our program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of the high end golf apparel companies have slits at the bottom of the pants for men. It's more a high fashion thing and many golfers wear them on tour. And some of the guys who wear companies that don't have slits will actually have them tailored to put the slits so the pants fall on the shoe better. Below are just a few links to comapnies with slits:

http://www.fairwaystyles.com/produc...=20&gender=Men&departmentID=10022&start_row=1

http://www.subseventy.co.uk/prodtyp...arents=74,39,63&CAT_ID=21&numRecordPosition=1

http://trendygolfusa.com/mens/shop/qaja_couture/golf_pants/qaja_couture_blackwhite__fall_09.php

no fan of Ian but I do like his style of clothing and really like Ricky Fowlers

The guy has style.:D

i like the slits. i cut a lot of my jeans that way. i can't stand when pants gather on my shoes, ie, ZACK MORRIS STYLE! (those that get that can deservedly reem me for it, haha)

consider yourself reemed, preppy. love, Slater lol
i like the slits. i cut a lot of my jeans that way. i can't stand when pants gather on my shoes, ie, ZACK MORRIS STYLE! (those that get that can deservedly reem me for it, haha)

Gotta rock the high-tops if your going Zach Morris, TC.

I know Villegas wears the slits too, among many others.
Doesn't bother me one bit, in fact I think it makes the pants lay better over the shoe.

"but when i learned they weren't merely an isolated manifestation of the hermaphroditically absurd ... i couldn't help but think ... i'm not so sure i'd believe him if he said he doesn't also wear pantyhose ..."

and what's wrong with men wearing panty hose, lol?

Many guy's have to wear those compression hose because of blood clots and leg problems. Myself included about half the time.

i guess that makes OEM screetch!

only hightops with the big fat tongue!

btw, i had a teenage crush all over jesse spano!

More of a Kapowski guy myself. Her morals are suspect though after the whole Jeff debacle.

My personal style choices lean towards more classic than contemporary, but I admire the bolder statements by guys like IJP and Ricky Fowler. I don't like everything they wear and really couldn't see myself in almost any of Poulter's clothes, but they do look good on them. I prefer Ricky's clothing although I would love to burn his hats, or at least talk him into wearing one that fits.

I rather have the slits than a bunched up mess at the bottom near my shoes. And having "high waters" would be even worse.

not too shabby some of you ... now that's more like it ... though even the blind squirrel eventually finds the kernel of corn ... we'll need more portent dalliance before we know if this is fortuitously aberrant or redemptively archetypal ... this place does put a smile on my face on way or another though i can attest to that ... though i'm safely unswayed to the slit regardless ... :smile:

not too shabby some of you ... now that's more like it ... though even the blind squirrel eventually finds the kernel of corn ... we'll need more portent dalliance before we know if this is fortuitously aberrant or redemptively archetypal ... this place does put a smile on my face on way or another though i can attest to that ... though i'm safely unswayed to the slit regardless ... :smile:

How is it aberrant if it has been going on in high end golf fashion for close to 4 decades and more than half of the high end brands use it?

How is it aberrant if it has been going on in high end golf fashion for close to 4 decades and more than half of the high end brands use it?

about to lose you already lol ... silly goose i wasn't speaking about the slits ... but an assessment about some peoples opinions to this point ...

even so ... to address the innocently misunderstood point anyway ... much in life that is enduring, even mainstream, is nevertheless anathema ...

though my dissent to the slits is less of a candid loathing and more of an antagonstic ridicule ... rest assured ...

to slit or not to slit that is the question !!! :bulgy-eyes:

I think perhaps you should re-read your 1st post then.

the thesaurus is getting a workout today... :rolleyes:

Back