Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Titlest

• Other

• Total voters

aca247

Reaction score
Pretty simple just wondering what brand you look at first for irons.

I would have said PING but then I got a set of Titleist that I love and made me forget about PING.Therefore I went other because it seems brand loyalty is wrong for me.

I would have said PING but then I got a set of Titleist that I love and made me forget about PING.Therefore I went other because it seems brand loyalty is wrong for me.

i didnt mean for it to be a brand loyal question just what pops into your mind when you are thinking of trying irons as a must brand. even though i would try callaway irons first i would try all that i could

i voted for callaway. i always tend to gravitate towards their irons (in fact, i feel myself being pulled towards the x 24's right now)

I go for looks and to me Mizuno and Titleist have beautiful irons. They also play well too so it is a no brainer for me. I will just add I have seven different brand name clubs in my bag so I am not loyal to anyone brand. I will look at any brand, but the two I mentioned would get first look.

I don't look at brands at all and I really try not to look at prices either.

What I look for is a type of club first (I'm partial to muscleback blades) and then I go from there. I hold the club, take a stance and the very first thing I notice is how it looks to me at address. Is the topline too thick? Does the offset look right? Is it too shiny? After that, I waggle it some and try to get an overall feel for the club.

If after that I think I like the club, then I'll go hit some balls with it. Whether it's in a simulator or on a range really doesn't matter all that much. What matters is how the club feels when actually striking the ball. I look for a club that allows me to feel the ball when I hit it and that sounds solid and not "clicky". If it passes all of those criteria, then I have a candidate. But to be really sure, I like to try at least two or three other brands of clubs and then I can narrow things down from there.

As far as brands go, I'm not loyal to any particular brand (though I do have some favorites) and I base my decision solely on how the club looks, feels and performs. Whether the club is a brand name club or a component is of no importance to me. In fact when I bought my Snake Eyes, it was after I had gone through all of the above with many different brands. In the end, it boiled down to a choice between a set of Mizuno MP-33's or the Snake Eyes 600-B's and the Snake Eyes won out because to me they felt and performed better than the Mizzy's.

So, for me, it's not about brands it's about how the clubs feel and how I feel about them. There's nothing wrong with reading a bunch of reviews of many different clubs and I encourage anyone to try as many clubs as they can. But in the end, make sure that what you end up buying is what you want because they work best for you, not because they're a specific brand or because they're the current "It" club.

-JP

I've only purchased one set of irons since my beginner set, and that was because they were very good for the price I got them. Still use em.

But I still have the need for some Nike VR Split Cavity...

I can more easily answer which irons won't you try.

i voted for callaway. i always tend to gravitate towards their irons (in fact, i feel myself being pulled towards the x 24's right now)

I tried many based in part on the reviews here. That being said, i went in thinking i'd like the Callaways the best and thats what I neded up buying in the end.

Mizuno. Ive tried just about every brand of irons there is and there is just something about Mizunos that I really like.

I voted TaylorMade but as much as I hate to do it I'll be taking a long look at those X24's. I'm just not sure if I'd be able to actually purchase a set of Callaway's.

Back