What is your career low round and where was it?

My lowest round was a 65 (-6) on a course called Tyrrells Wood, playing off the yellow tees (forward men's tees) in a company day. The course was probably about 6,100 yards or so. Lowest in a round that really mattered was 67 (-4) at my home club which I've shot a couple of times, although not for a long time. The first time I did so, it was the course record and it was in a two round tournament. In the second round, I went out in 31 (-5), so shot 98 for 27 holes. One of my finer moments. Fell apart on the back nine and ended up with a 69. Still pretty good, but not what I was hoping for. Lately I can't even break 80, which is really quite frustrating. :(

Lowest round was a 70 (-1) at my home course Wardsville Golf Club (69.4/119)

Lowest nine holes was a 33 (-2) Shot twice.

My lowest round was a 72 (par 71 course) and my two lowest "Nines" would equal a 68.

-JP

79 twice at my home course

Back in the glory days of post college - pre end of youth 8-5 job acquiring, I was able to get my index down to a 1.2 playing the Oasis (Palmer design - 72.4/136) in Loveland Ohio.

Low round was a 70 (-2) with many, many rounds that looked to be heading that way only to blow up on what I believe to be the three hardest finishing holes in the Tri-State area...

Now happy to break 80 on a great day.

My lowest round ever is an 89 shot at Browns Mills GG in Atlanta about two weeks ago. My lowest in an actual tournament is a 92 just over a year ago. They were using a net score also and my handicap was a 29 at the time , thus givinng me a 63 for my net score and I won a nice trophy. That was at Chateau Elan Golf Course and it was just a day that I slowed everyting down, took my time, focused on each shot. I didnt even loose a ball that day. Wonder why I dont do that every round.

Now for full disclosure: I also shot a 123 in a tournament a month or so later which quickly brought me back to reality. I shot a 12 on a par 5 and it just whipped me something good. I remember the name of that course too and one day....POW to the moon, Alice...I will get my revenge. Just got to practice more.

My lowest round was an 88 at Bushwood Country Club and before that it was an 89 at Parkview Country Club. I play these 2 courses the most and seem to have my best days there. The craziest round I ever had was at Deer Creek Golf Club where I shot 52 on the front and 38 on the back. The surprising part was I never played the course before so I really don't know how I turned the round around on the back nine.

I will break this into 2 categories. Back before injury and when I was playing out of college and first turned pro I shot 64 (-8) in a qualifying event (at Temecula Creek Golf and Country Club) for a Golden State Tour event. Since the breaks and injury I think those types of numbers are no longer there. As of late I shot a 67 (-5) at the course I used to work at (Westchase Golf Club). My best 9 came on the course I grew up on I shot 30 (-6) on 2 different occasions.

I will break this into 2 categories. Back before injury and when I was playing out of college and first turned pro I shot 64 (-8) in a qualifying event (at Temecula Creek Golf and Country Club) for a Golden State Tour event. Since the breaks and injury I think those types of numbers are no longer there. As of late I shot a 67 (-5) at the course I used to work at (Westchase Golf Club). My best 9 came on the course I grew up on I shot 30 (-6) on 2 different occasions.

wow andy! that's just inspiring stuff.

Good shooting Andy!! You play a game of which I am not familar. :act-up:

my career low was a 90 at Painted Hills G.C.

Shot an 88 at SkyView in New Jersey and beat my husband all in the same day!
you beat your husband?That low round should have put you in a good mood when you got home.

after reading about adwillingham's career low round he shot recently i thought about my lowest round. .

Glad that I can be the inspiration for a new thread.

As I said yesterday, I shot my career low 84 yesterday at the Trophy Club of Apalachee in Dacula, GA (par 71). Shot a 41 on the shorter, but par 36 front nine...including two missed putts less than five feet. Opened the longer, but par 35 back nine with two doubles, but rebounded with four straight pars en route to a 43. Had a playable but annoying fade on the driver all day, but the irons were working well.

Blue Tees were 6210 yards, 70.7 Rating / 131 Slope

Glad that I can be the inspiration for a new thread.

As I said yesterday, I shot my career low 84 yesterday at the Trophy Club of Apalachee in Dacula, GA (par 71). Shot a 41 on the shorter, but par 36 front nine...including two missed putts less than five feet. Opened the longer, but par 35 back nine with two doubles, but rebounded with four straight pars en route to a 43. Had a playable but annoying fade on the driver all day, but the irons were working well.

Blue Tees were 6210 yards, 70.7 Rating / 131 Slope

congrats again AD! i hope you post back here soon with an all time low round.

My lowest score was a 92 at Falcon Lakes. (Smallie's course) I posted the same score the next week at Winterstone. Best two weeks of my golfing life, unfortunately it didn't last.

Smallville let me know the correct name of his home course. LMAO

Last edited:
Twenty some years ago I shot my lowest score of 68. Little place called Deertrak in Oconomowoc, WI. Pretty easy course. 68.5/115. I remember it well. Drove the first green a 300 yard downhill par four and made eagle. The second hole was a 470 dogleg par five around a lake. Hit my drive over the lake leaving a 9i in. Knocked it close and made another eagle. Birdied the third, another short par four to go five under after three. Played the rest of the way in +1.

Though that was a pretty exciting day, I'm more proud of a 71 (-1) I shot at a place called Rainbow Springs in Mukwonago, WI about 25 years ago, and most proud of a 71 (-1) I shot at a place called Morningstar Golfers Club in Vernon, WI (70.5/132). I did that as a fat old man of 47 two years ago. I also shot a 72 there last year. Of course, it was my home course and I knew every inch of it.

That comprises the extent of my 18 hole under par scoring, though I've broken par quite a few times for 9 holes only to give it up on the other 9.

Not getting it done this year at a new course which is really frustrating. My average score for the year has been 84. Ugh.

Kevin

76 (+4) at a uhh... course.... around here.

14 Pars and 4 Bogeys.

I decided towards the end of 2009, my 2010 goal would be to break 80. In Dec 09, it happened. I shot a 79 at Mayfair Country Club.

I shot two rounds of 74 in 2009 at my home course at Lake Jonesco. My best nine hole score was a 32 with four birdies & the rest pars.

I have had a few rounds (4) in the 70's this season but nothing to get excited about. It looks like for the next few weeks more rounds will be in the 90's than 70's however hopefully we can put a consistant swing together one day soon :eek:)

Hey Esox, I will be up your way in June again this year. Where is that course at? I know that I am going to play a couple of courses in Eau Claire, and 1 or 2 rounds in Minneapolis. I am not sure what the family has up planned for the rest of the trip.

Last year we played 6 rounds in 4 different states. Not much down time for a vacation. We played in South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. I think we are going to try and keep it simple this year. We might go northern wisconsin and hit Big Fish and a few up that way.

You're going to be a long way from Morningstar, Andy. That's in SE Cheeseland while, you'll be NW. 5 hour drive, and you'd be disappointed in the greens. Big Fish is supposed to great. I have never played any golf in that part of the state. I only get close to MN if I have to. Too many Vikings fans. LOL.

If you were going to be in SE WI, I would have some good suggestions of reasonably priced courses. Of course, depending on how much money you wanted to spend, there's always the Kohler area with Whistling Straits, etc.

Kevin

Shot a 73(+4) at The Woodlands a few years ago, the course is a short course which I basically grew up playing on. Round started out with a double bogey then I parred the next 8 holes. On the back nine I had 5 bogeys, 3 birdies and one par. Had a chance to come in even for the back nine but bogeyed the last two holes. Had a few other rounds in the mid seventies but it seems like so long ago..

62 - 10 under par at The Dunes GC in Brooksville, Fl. Very fluky round that included 2 bogies and only missed shooting my age by 2 strokes.

http://www.ypfcs.com/Golf.html

Back