Best ball under $20

Pirate95

Let it snow......
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.6
I'm looking to find a good ball for $20 and under. It makes no sense for me to spend more than that because I still lose probably 6 balls per round. Once I finish my lessons and get my swing straightened out I'll move to a better ball.

Depending on your swing speed, I know a couple of people who play and like the Srixon soft feel. Top Flite Gamer also seems to be a popular ball in the $20 and under category.

Check out knetgolf.com

You can get any ball there for a great price. I think we had Mint quality at the outing and they were great.

Depending on your swing speed, I know a couple of people who play and like the Srixon soft feel. Top Flite Gamer also seems to be a popular ball in the $20 and under category.

My swing speed is 94-100 depending on the day if that helps any.

Check out knetgolf.com

You can get any ball there for a great price. I think we had Mint quality at the outing and they were great.

Thanks I'll check it out.

Srixon AD-333 for me. There is a thread on the forum where the ball was tested by members.
Srixon AD-333 Testing

If you can go a little higher, look at the Bridgestone E Series.

Last edited:
I liked the Nike Power Distance High- those must all be on close out now.
Nike%20Power%20Distance%20High.jpg

I still like the Noodle S2F's which are now around 12.00 or less I think. For under 20 these are my favorites.
715414126_125.jpg

And Pinnacle makes a decent ball- 10-12 bucks maybe?
BAPN016_1.jpg

I've been using Precept Laddie's and they are $20 for 24 balls. Good distance and good feel on the greens for me.
Just bought some Callaway Diablo's for $20 for 12 because they received high marks on the Gold Digest golf ball test. I think they were rated one of the best for under $20. Haven't played them yet.....just got them yesterday at Target.

I really appreciate everyone's input........thank you !!

If you look around for deals on last year's models you can find a better ball, now in that price range. I was in Golf Galaxy the other day and picked up 2 dozen NXT Tours for $19.99 each and they are the 2009 model. If you don't want to take the time to search through sale tables though, the Top Flite Gamer is a really good ball.

I'm looking to find a good ball for $20 and under. It makes no sense for me to spend more than that because I still lose probably 6 balls per round. Once I finish my lessons and get my swing straightened out I'll move to a better ball.

I was kind of suprised when I asked about balls in the Breaking 100 Thread. Seemed like some people were using more expensive balls. I haven't been over 100 in quiet awhile *knock on wood* and play cheaper balls. I tend to want something I can just run out to Wal Mart and buy, instead of ordering used or 2nds or whatever online, although I may look into that soon.

I think next time out, I'm going to try a Noodle Long and Soft or somthing similar beside the plain Top Flight Distance I've been using lately.

Srixon AD-333 for me. There is a thread on the forum where the ball was tested by members.
Srixon AD-333 Testing

If you can go a little higher, look at the Bridgestone E Series.

I second this.. If my game is struggling, I almost always switch back to these balls.. A great ball for the price, and it holds up well.

Nike Power Distance Soft is a solid choice in the under $20 category.
If your greens are hard and smallish, then probably TopFlite Gamer is your ball.

The TopFlite won't hold up as well, but will stop on the green better.
If your greens are softer or larger, then the PD Soft is fine... just rolls out a few yards more on long approaches.

I was kind of suprised when I asked about balls in the Breaking 100 Thread. Seemed like some people were using more expensive balls. I haven't been over 100 in quiet awhile *knock on wood* and play cheaper balls. I tend to want something I can just run out to Wal Mart and buy, instead of ordering used or 2nds or whatever online, although I may look into that soon.

I think next time out, I'm going to try a Noodle Long and Soft or somthing similar beside the plain Top Flight Distance I've been using lately.

The Noodle S2F or S2D's are really quite good. I found them just as far as the Nike's and the S2F's are very nice off the putter.

for $2 more you can get last year's Bridgestone e5, e6, e7's for $22/dozen on clearance at GG

Srixon AD333, Bridgestone Treosoft, Precept Laddie-X.

I still love these golf balls. Not too spinny around the greens, but I love them off the driver and irons. Great ball IMO. $15 for a 15 pack.

top-flite-d2-feel-golf-balls.jpg

Best ball under $20.00?

Titleist Pro V1.

They're only about four bucks a piece.

-JP

try used balls... you can get premium balls for really cheap

To some of you Top Flite Fans, anybody know what happened to the "Tour Extreme" balls? I loved the "Black" version. Shot my lowest scores with hit, held any green hit, went really far on my drivers as well.

Do they have anything that compares to them currently?

This is why THP is so great, everyone wants to help a person they've never met before just for the sake of sharing their experience and opinion with someone who needs it. Good job JB and GG !!

Thanks for the help.....I can pick a few different balls now instead of trying everything out there wasting time and money on my ball search.

Back