Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hows that taste NY?

How does what taste? That TB won tonight's game? Tastes just fine to me. TB is a good team which is one of three in the AL East ( Yankees and Red Sox being the others) with a realistic chance of winning the East and going to the world series ( Sorry Oriole fans) LIke Spank said, championships are won in October, not May. One victory out of 162 games is not somthing to start a parade over. Yes we lost to a division rival, yes we will lose other games as the season goes on. This is how baseball goes.

lol yeah the meat would go good with sour grapes

Those sour grapes will make the champange that will flow in the Yankees clubhouse once they win # 28

And it doesn't help when a lot of the players that were playing were because of injury or playing through injury.

Yankees are dinged up. :(

Oh well. Yankees will end up first.

start a parade over? really? and thanks for explaining how baseball works I wasnt sure. I wasnt celebrating the end of the world just a two game set in May in your house. having a little fun. lighten up theirs still plenty time to go out and buy another pennant

start a parade over? really? and thanks for explaining how baseball works I wasnt sure. I wasnt celebrating the end of the world just a two game set in May in your house. having a little fun. lighten up theirs still plenty time to go out and buy another pennant

Here we go again . . .

start a parade over? really? and thanks for explaining how baseball works I wasnt sure.

Well the Rays are a new team with only one year of success so I thought I would point out the facts to you.

I wasnt celebrating the end of the world just a two game set in May in your house. having a little fun. lighten up theirs still plenty time to go out and buy another pennant

Yea there is a certain free agent to be left fielder on the Rays that will look nice in Yankee pinstripes. .

It'd be nice if this thread got some Giants/Dodgers | Cardinals/Cubs or something in here... the Yankees/Rays topic is getting old.

I was thinking the same thing... more kool-aid for you ?

Déjà vu. Feels like we've been down this road more than its fair share in this thread.

And I just need to bring this up.

Let's say you're the Yankees GM. You see Teixeira (for example) in Free Agency and you have a lot of money to spend. You know for a fact he's going to help you get to the World Series. Do you say "Nah, I prefer to be fair to the small market teams!" and then watch the Red Sox go buy him?

If you had a ton of money to spend, would you settle for crappy golf clubs? (bad golf analogy)

Last edited:
It'd be nice if this thread got some Giants/Dodgers | Cardinals/Cubs or something in here... the Yankees/Rays topic is getting old.

Déjà vu. Feels like we've been down this road more than its fair share in this thread.

Ok for this thread I will from now on pretend to be a Mariner fan, Floppy you can pretend to root for the Tigers and Spank .. you can be a Braves fan. Then no more of this stuff and maybe it will go away and JB can come back and join in on the fun.

gee I dont know if you all didnt get so defensive over some playful jabbing and feel the need to talk down to people like Yankee fans are the only ones who know its May or its just one game or pennants are won in Sept. I mean come on lighten up, and you guys wonder why so many people hate the Yankees and their fans. its not the winning

Ok for this thread I will from now on pretend to be a Mariner fan, Floppy you can pretend to root for the Tigers and Spank .. you can be a Braves fan. Then no more of this stuff and maybe JB will come back and join it again.

Johnny Damon and Austin Jackson are GREAT players!!! :banana:

gee I dont know if you all didnt get so defensive over some playful jabbing and feel the need to talk down to people like Yankee fans are the only ones who know its May or its just one game or pennants are won in Sept. I mean come on lighten up, and you guys wonder why so many people hate the Yankees and their fans. its not the winning

No one got defensive. You mess with team's fans, and you get their take on it.

If the Yankees mowed down the Rays and we said "How bout them Rays?", I'd bet on it one of the Rays fans here would say something along the lines of "It's only one series". Same difference.

Ichiro is better than both Floppy!!

Can't be! Jackson is a former-Yankee prospect, and Damon's a former Yankee! They are superior!

Never should've traded Jackson...

Oh wait, I'm a Tigers fan...

hmmm... Verlander! Cy Young 2010! :D

No one got defensive. You mess with team's fans, and you get their take on it.

If the Yankees mowed down the Rays and we said "How bout them Rays?", I'd bet on it one of the Rays fans here would say something along the lines of "It's only one series". Same difference.

Well said Floppy.

Can't be! Jackson is a former-Yankee prospect, and Damon's a former Yankee! They are superior!

You're high, Felix Hernandez has it wrapped up.

I'm a bigger fan than you.

This thread's a lot better like this. Maybe JB can join back now.

Was I talking down to you? If you feel that way then I apologize. And if it is just one game... or two then why bring it up then? I was under the general consensus that people hate the Yankees because of the money thing, or the buying of a championship thing, or the ruining of the pureness of baseball thing, now it's the fans too? Just remember that earlier in this thread I picked the Rays to make the postseason so in my eyes this is how it's suppose to play out. I'll admit that there are a$$hole Yanks fans out there like there is a$$hole fans for every team but don't lump us in with those. You don't want me generalizing you with 'those' Rays fans either I would think and living here in CFLa I have first hand experience. The jabbing is cool... bring it.

Johnny Damon and Austin Jackson are GREAT players!!! :banana:

I'll give you Verlander and raise you Tim Hudson NL comeback player of the year and Jason Heyward NL rookie of the year.

Smoke some more of that Pacific Northwest pipe dude. Oh and the Kingdome called and said, "Do you need me to make a comeback so you guys can score more runs?".

Anyone see the game this afternoon... what a comeback!

no Spank you were not at all you were having a little fun back which is what I expected. and I appreciate your post. I know it was only two games in May and am fully aware of how long a season is and the Yankees great tradition of winning and that the Rays are a young team with a short history. there was no parade planned just having some fun on a Thursday in the forum. would have expected some ribbing had the Yanks won those games.

I'll give you Verlander and raise you Tim Hudson NL comeback player of the year and Jason Heyward NL rookie of the year.

Smoke some more of that Pacific Northwest pipe dude. Oh and the Kingdome called and said, "Do you need me to make a comeback so you guys can score more runs?".

Anyone see the game this afternoon... what a comeback!

Dont worry what I am smoking!

As long as we win it does not matter..

What game what comeback? we (Mariners) scored 3 in the ninth to win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back