ugggggh... i didnt wanna start a new thread but this is the closest thread that relates... so ill post in here...

i was at my neighborhood course and one of the employees... (manager of the proshop as a matter of fact) was a real a-hole... and its not the first time... this guy has it out for me or something...

i am a frequent visitor of their practice facility... i think its the best in the city even if the course itself is the worst course on the planet and has the worst proshop employees ever...

well i get there... and 2 of the 3 chipping greens had lessons... so i went to the empty one and there were already range balls on it(they were abandoned and i even asked around)... so i put my shag tube down with my extra wedge on top of it and i start hitting the left over range balls... when out of nowhere this jerk pulls up in a cart at starts in on me... asking me if i was hitting 'their' range balls... then he accuses me of having 'their' range balls in my shag tube...

now before i hear the 'i didnt pay for the range balls so i shouldnt be hitting them' from everyone...
i would have gladly moved them aside and hit my shag balls... but he even thought what i brought with me was 'theirs'...

here is the kicker... i work for the sister course (the higher end/better course)... this guy doesnt know my name ever... i dont even think he knows i work there even tho he's seen me a billion times... he is the definition of jacka**...

and he's not the only one... and its mostly their proshop ppl... the marshalls/starters are wayyy cool...
one crusty thousand year old bat that works the proshop asked my gf point blank "what the hell do you want?" while i was paying for my round... i almost ask for a refund cuz she was almost in tears...

i would gladly go to another practice facility... but this is literally at my front door... and for practice purposes its the best shortgame practice area around... but for a couple of jerks it would be better

oh yeah and my reply to his accusation "anyone can get these srixon practice balls off of ebay for 25 50 cents a piece"

He certainly handled it poorly, but I think it does anger courses when someone just shows up to practice for free. They dont buy range balls, bring their own, and just use space. Perhaps you could compromise and just buy a bucket of range balls since you are using their practice facility.

I have found that all the salesmen at my local Dick's are just that....

He certainly handled it poorly, but I think it does anger courses when someone just shows up to practice for free. They dont buy range balls, bring their own, and just use space. Perhaps you could compromise and just buy a bucket of range balls since you are using their practice facility.

everytime i use their range i buy a bucket... heck i play there pretty frequently(its right across the street)... i just think this guy hates me just to hate for some odd reason...

and there are tons... literally dozens off the top of my head that bring shag balls... and this guy is buddies with half of them laughing it up with them... but he loves to hassle me not them

i tried to apply to edwin watts and i knew more than the guys on the floor equipment wise so i told the manager to give us a quiz between me and another guy to show i was qualified. i won, but didnt get the job

i tried to apply to edwin watts and i knew more than the guys on the floor equipment wise so i told the manager to give us a quiz between me and another guy to show i was qualified. i won, but didnt get the job

Hmmmm.....that's pretty lame of him not to offer you the position even after you showed you were more knowledgeable.

everytime i use their range i buy a bucket... heck i play there pretty frequently(its right across the street)... i just think this guy hates me just to hate for some odd reason...

and there are tons... literally dozens off the top of my head that bring shag balls... and this guy is buddies with half of them laughing it up with them... but he loves to hassle me not them

now before i hear the 'i didnt pay for the range balls so i shouldnt be hitting them' from everyone...
i would have gladly moved them aside and hit my shag balls...

But you clearly didnt this time based on the previous quote. I guess my thought is why bring shag balls then. Just buy a bucket, make the guy happy and then practice with him. With 2 greens filled up with lessons and you using a 3rd in which you had not paid anything for, the guy might be perturbed about it. Just playing devils advocate, but I know at every public course I know, there are always people that come with their own shag bag and use the practice facilities. Its not against the "rules" at many places, but it is kind of an unwritten rule if you ask me.

Again, I will play devils advocate.
1. Do you have sales and/or fitting experience
2. have you operated a launch monitor
3. Have you used a heat gun?
4. Have you worked registers?
5. Did you expect him to fire someone to bring you on?

mine `wont stop asking me if i need help

Mine are the exact opposite. They only pay attention to you if they can see a fat wallet sticking out of your back pocket. And if you ask if you can demo a club the first thing they ask you is why.....are you interested in buying one today? (With major emphasis on TODAY)

But you clearly didnt this time based on the previous quote. I guess my thought is why bring shag balls then. Just buy a bucket, make the guy happy and then practice with him. With 2 greens filled up with lessons and you using a 3rd in which you had not paid anything for, the guy might be perturbed about it. Just playing devils advocate, but I know at every public course I know, there are always people that come with their own shag bag and use the practice facilities. Its not against the "rules" at many places, but it is kind of an unwritten rule if you ask me.

yeah i get what youre saying... believe me... i guess posting right after an incident isnt the wisest... but it kinda sucks in the fairness dept... its okay for his "buddies" to bring shag balls but not me...
oh well... i think that drive out to "my" course is looking better an better

There is a huge jerk that works at the PGA Store. This is one of the most sarcastic people that I know. He has a wise guy remark for every thing that I have to say. He very nearly made me completely lose my temper once and that is very hard to do. I was so mad that I was shaking. I was in a rush to get a new grip on my shaft, so I had him regrip it. He goes and aligns the grip crooked. I don't know if it is out of idioticism or spite, but I was a little apprehensive because I usually just do it myself. Oh well, what can your really do about D-bags in life eh?

yeah i get what youre saying... believe me... i guess posting right after an incident isnt the wisest... but it kinda sucks in the fairness dept... its okay for his "buddies" to bring shag balls but not me...

Im not saying your wrong, but I understand. I relate it to the person that goes to a restaurant and takes up a seat or two and never orders anything, but gets water and free bread for the entire dinner service.

haha methinks it belonged more in the official rant thread, as it seemed like you just needed to blow off some steam..

While I agree that it's the reasonable thing to buy some balls to hit, I personally don't believe there is any excuse for poor customer service, unless the 'customer' is causing a nuisance in a very negative way... and even in that case, I think discretion and patience should be exercised.

Im not saying your wrong, but I understand. I relate it to the person that goes to a restaurant and takes up a seat or two and never orders anything, but gets water and free bread for the entire dinner service.

but if the waiters friends(multiple of friend/more than one) are in there drinking all the water and free bread... with an occasional freebie on the all you can eat buffet... which is more detrimental to the courses pocketbook? the guy that pays for range balls every now and again and shags a few times... or a bunch of guys freeloading cuz they are "buddies"...

i think im upset cuz this guy seems to target me and is friendly with other guys that "freeload"... especially when i have no idea what i did to set him off against me... he doesnt seem to be a racist cuz he gets along with ppl from diff races... maybe he doesnt like islanders(im kidding btw)

im thinking i remind him of someone that ticked him off cuz honestly ive never done anything to the guy to justify such rudeness

but if the waiters friends(multiple of friend/more than one) are in there drinking all the water and free bread... with an occasional freebie on the all you can eat buffet... which is more detrimental to the courses pocketbook? the guy that pays for range balls every now and again and shags a few times... or a bunch of guys freeloading cuz they are "buddies"...

i think im upset cuz this guy seems to target me and is friendly with other guys that "freeload"... especially when i have no idea what i did to set him off against me... he doesnt seem to be a racist cuz he gets along with ppl from diff races... maybe he doesnt like islanders(im kidding btw)

im thinking i remind him of someone that ticked him off cuz honestly ive never done anything to the guy to justify such rudeness

Even if what you did was remotely close to being on the wrong side, I think the delivery could have been better. I think that's what you're most ticked off about. There one way to say something and there's a more customer service way of saying things. But that part with your GF, that's totally inexcusable and I would have notified someone high up on the food chain to let them know what happened. With the way the economy is, these folks should be begging for our business and there are places out there that would bend over backward to keep your business. Shame on them for not focusing on that.

Even if what you did was remotely close to being on the wrong side, I think the delivery could have been better. I think that's what you're most ticked off about. There one way to say something and there's a more customer service way of saying things. But that part with your GF, that's totally inexcusable and I would have notified someone high up on the food chain to let them know what happened. With the way the economy is, these folks should be begging for our business and there are places out there that would bend over backward to keep your business. Shame on them for not focusing on that.

customer service is not their strong suit...
i once called the proshop to see about teetimes... ring ring ring... "yeah"... i thought i dialed the wrong number so i apologized... hung up and dialed again... ring ring ring... "yeah"... "is this the proshop?"... "yeah can i help you?"

and its only the proshop staff... specifically the manager and the 1000yr old mummy behind the desk... everyone else is really friendly... the marshalls/ starters/ snack bar/ maintenance guys/ cart guys

customer service is not their strong suit...
i once called the proshop to see about teetimes... ring ring ring... "yeah"... i thought i dialed the wrong number so i apologized... hung up and dialed again... ring ring ring... "yeah"... "is this the proshop?"... "yeah can i help you?"

and its only the proshop staff... specifically the manager and the 1000yr old mummy behind the desk... everyone else is really friendly... the marshalls/ starters/ snack bar/ maintenance guys/ cart guys

Talk to the proshop manager's manager. And if he/she gives you the cold shoulder then you know where it comes from and at that point you would just walk away from the place or deal with it. At least at that point you know you tried your darnedest.

meh... im the non confrontational type... id rather avoid the guy/place altogether and its a shame cuz its literally less than a 300yrd drive (driver/wedge)from my front door to the practice facility... i like surrounding myself with positive ppl... negative vibes arent worth the hassle

meh... im the non confrontational type... id rather avoid the guy/place altogether and its a shame cuz its literally less than a 300yrd drive (driver/wedge)from my front door to the practice facility... i like surrounding myself with positive ppl... negative vibes arent worth the hassle

I'm with you there. Hakuna Matata.

what a wonderful phrase!... lol

Ok, I'm old school, but if you are working in a service industry then provide service. I was in a restaurant today that I happen to own. Walking in the front door I smile to a guy on the patio who then say's "They must really be busy", lol. I replied, "Not many cars". He tells me he had waited almost 5 minutes for a coke and cup of coffee. I can say that one employee was writen up and won't make another week if she can't hurry, his order was free and I spent 20 minutes shooting the breeze with this man and his wife from out of state that may never come by again. It's about service or get out of the way!

Ok, I'm old school, but if you are working in a service industry then provide service. I was in a restaurant today that I happen to own. Walking in the front door I smile to a guy on the patio who then say's "They must really be busy", lol. I replied, "Not many cars". He tells me he had waited almost 5 minutes for a coke and cup of coffee. I can say that one employee was writen up and won't make another week if she can't hurry, his order was free and I spent 20 minutes shooting the breeze with this man and his wife from out of state that may never come by again. It's about service or get out of the way!

Duey, you and I would get along just fine. When i ran a restaurant, the kids that worked for me were lively and friendly, or they were looking for work. I have a friend that is a fantastic chef. CIA grad. Had a really cool place in Beertown for 12 years. He could never get over the hump because the service pretty much sucked that whole time. Even though he is the most personable guy you'd ever want to meet, and customers loved him, he let his employees get away with murder. He wanted them to like him, too, instead of being their boss. It got so I couldn't go into the place because I wanted to get up and start firing people. If you don't like being in a service industry, find another job.

Kevin

Duey, you and I would get along just fine. When i ran a restaurant, the kids that worked for me were lively and friendly, or they were looking for work. I have a friend that is a fantastic chef. CIA grad. Had a really cool place in Beertown for 12 years. He could never get over the hump because the service pretty much sucked that whole time. Even though he is the most personable guy you'd ever want to meet, and customers loved him, he let his employees get away with murder. He wanted them to like him, too, instead of being their boss. It got so I couldn't go into the place because I wanted to get up and start firing people. If you don't like being in a service industry, find another job.

Kevin

Kevin, you friend sounds a lot like a manager I'm trying to turn to the dark side right now, lol. I keep hearing that the kids of today are different and yes they are, but a job is still a job. Expectations start with the people at the top and if set high from the start can and will be followed. Heck, if anything I think most of these employees want structure and limits, though they will test the edge every day. I love the day to day interaction with some of these kids and as close as you are with your daughter I know you would make a great boss. I don't have to be hard or mean, just consistant.

Back