ECCO Golf Street Shoes Arrive

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

ECCO USA announces the arrival of its distinctive, hybrid sport-casual Golf Street Premier shoe is available for $140 online at www.eccousa.com and ships to retailers later this week.

Showcased by ECCO Staff Player Fred Couples this past weekend, the Golf Street Premier is designed specifically to be worn both on and off the course. This tremendously versatile shoe features full-grain leather uppers, a sleek PU midsole and pre-molded traction bars which provide players with ideal traction, stability and comfort.

"The Golf Street's outsole has roughly 100 molded traction bars and over 800 traction angles versus a standard golf shoe's six to nine cleats," says C.B. Tuite, General Sales Manager, ECCO USA Golf Division. "It's no wonder Fred Couples relied on it during one of the most important golf tournaments of the year."

Taking its cues from modern men's fashion, Golf Street Premier includes funky color pops and cool metal-rivet accents. The ideal combination of style and function, it comes with synthetic blend wide-flat laces in two different colors for added user customization, including a contrast option for an additional dose of flavor. Like all ECCO golf shoes, Golf Street Premier is made using a proprietary direct-injection process that creates a one-piece construction which won't break down over time.

In addition to Couples, ECCO golf shoes are worn in competition by scores of international Tour stars, including Aaron Baddeley, Colin Montgomerie, Stuart Appleby, Arjun Atwal, John Bickerton, Bradley Dredge and many others.

Coinciding with the recently introduced 2010 golf collection, ECCO has engaged in a series of major account and customer service initiatives. These include a supporting partnership of the PGA of America Golf Retirement Plus program, a new ECCO Golf Comfort Tech Van, a web-based retailer training module and the brand's status as an official member of the Association of Golf Merchandisers.

Guaranteeing a level of quality that cannot be matched by any major footwear manufacturer, each ECCO golf shoe is made using a proprietary, direct-injection process. Touched by more than 225 sets of highly-skilled hands during production, each model is a testament to the brand's unrivalled attention to detail that helps discerning players look, feel and play their best.

All ECCO golf shoes feature a network of built-in technologies to create the ideal platform for the perfect swing. These include a direct-injected, PU-constructed midsole/outsole that:

• Creates a one-piece shoe construction
• Ensures unrivaled durability, flexibility, lightness and weather resistance
• Provides a superior level of cushioning and comfort that does not break down over time, unlike commonly-used materials such as air, rubber and EVA foam

Optimal performance is further guaranteed by:

• Ultra-soft, high-grade leathers with hydrophobic treatments for superb weather-resistance
• Internal stabilizer to reduce torque and create ideal swing stability
• Double-layer insole with cushion that absorbs heel force to reduce stress on the knees, hips and back
• Internal Air-Circulation System to maintain a fresh, dry and cool foot environment
• Dynamic Energy Return System that provides a trampoline effect during foot-strike and follow-through to reduce fatigue and restore energy with each step
• Green-friendly outsole designs featuring molded traction bars combined with Stinger cleats from Champ and the Q-Lok insert system to provide ideal traction and grip

Not too sure about the shoes I saw Couples wearing but Ecco makes a great shoe for work and being on your feet a lot. Just got a pair yesterday actually.

• Admin
Not too sure about the shoes I saw Couples wearing but Ecco makes a great shoe for work and being on your feet a lot. Just got a pair yesterday actually.

We have these (as well as many others) featured in the new issue of the magazine.

Love the Street Premieres. Going to pick up a pair for my summer shoes

I like the looks of the shoes, but I wish they would give us a choice other than the bright white Converse-like sole edging. It they made that in a dark color, grey perhaps, the shoe would look less informal. I don't like the old sneakers look with slacks. Change that and I buy a pair.

I'm rather intrigued by these, at first I hated looking at them but as the weekend wore on at the Masters I found myself sort of warming up to them. I'll have to check them out in person.

I just love how they have 1 size and 1 color on the manufacturers website.

Saw these first hand today and they are sweet looking. Looks exactly like a sneaker but it's got a cool color combo going.

I am going to have me a pair once they are stocked in my size. I go for the comfort and these look very comfortable!

Interesting idea but I am very happy with my foot joys. I have a wide foot and they fit best of any shoe I have tried. Plus like C-Tech said the white stripe kills the whole look

I just love how they have 1 size and 1 color on the manufacturers website.

That is because they are selling so quickly they can't keep them in stock. As they get more inventory they will have more options on the website. They are having the same problem with the ladies version.

That is because they are selling so quickly they can't keep them in stock. As they get more inventory they will have more options on the website. They are having the same problem with the ladies version.

I sure hope so as I am very interested in these.

Vijay is now wearing them as well.

Vijay is now wearing them as well.

you watching the golf channel too?

i hope they help vijay's back out. golf's more fun to watch when vijay's in good form.

you watching the golf channel too?

i hope they help vijay's back out. golf's more fun to watch when vijay's in good form.

No, I actually got word from Ecco this morning. Did they talk about this on the GC?

No, I actually got word from Ecco this morning. Did they talk about this on the GC?

yeah, they literally just showed footage of vijay's feet sporting the ecco's whilst on the range. that's crazy timing.

Back