• No Preference

Votes: 22 16.4%

• Total voters

ken419

Return of the Hack
Reaction score
Handicap
Oh Yeah
What is your favorite time of day to play golf?

I voted for early morning to beat the heat but really any time is better then working.

I voted for no preference. I like the morning because it's cooler but I also love the afternoons because the grass isn't wet and I enjoy getting some sun. I hate when I place my club down on the ground when the grass is wet because then the grip gets wet and I always forget to bring a towel or something with me to place the club down on.

I voted for no preference. I like the morning because it's cooler but I also love the afternoons because the grass isn't wet and I enjoy getting some sun. I hate when I place my club down on the ground when the grass is wet because then the grip gets wet and I always forget to bring a towel or something with me to place the club down on.

use a tee GG. if you keep one or two in your pocket, you can stick it in the ground and rest the grip end of your putter on it, thus keeping it off the ground.

i voted for no preference. as long as i can be on the course, i'm happy, no matter what time it is. i find it harder to see golf balls later in the evening but i love how still everything usually is.

I went with early morning. Something about the course at the time of the day really does it for me.

That being said, I hardly ever play early. Early morning is a busy time in our household.

In AZ during the summer I love early mornings or after 4pm when it starts to cool down. During the summer I can't play in the am because Im normally at work around 5am. So thats why I chose after 3pm. Ill play during the hottest part of the day though if I can get the time off :)

all day everyday wasnt a choice...
but id rather be a dewsweeper early in the morning
the pros= the course is usually in better shape and its cooler
the cons= the dew gets everything wet and putts are slower

As long as it isn't dark, I'm ready.

use a tee GG. if you keep one or two in your pocket, you can stick it in the ground and rest the grip end of your putter on it, thus keeping it off the ground.

i voted for no preference. as long as i can be on the course, i'm happy, no matter what time it is. i find it harder to see golf balls later in the evening but i love how still everything usually is.

I never knew that about the tees I will have to try that. Thanks for the tip.

I never knew that about the tees I will have to try that. Thanks for the tip.

your welcome. i do the same thing in forgetting a towel, but i always have a tee in my pocket.

I have no preference. I am just happy to have the time to get out and play. Each has a pros and cons.

I don't mind the heat so even in summer I can play in the afternoons without any problem, even on the hottest of days. While I don't mind playing in the heat, the morning is nice at times becuase it might not be as hot. Around here, the late afternoon and evening is as hot as mid day, so if you want to beat the heat, do it in the morning. Like GG, I don't like having to deal with the morning dew if, but it isn't a deal breaker. I like the middle of the day a little becuase the sun is higher in the sky and you don't ever have to look into it. I hate those holes early and late when you have to look directly into the sun because it is low in the sky. Early is nice when the greens are fresh. Some can be beat up at the end.

The earlier the better for me, I love 6am tee times.

I voted mid-day but there's something about starting a round at 3pm and finishing up with the sun setting. Very calming and beautiful

I voted mid-day but there's something about starting a round at 3pm and finishing up with the sun setting. Very calming and beautiful

AWWWW! that's sweet.

I love early morning rounds, 6:30 - 7:30 AM, the air is crisp and cool, the course is not packed to the gills and I can be done in under 4 hours.

I voted for early morning to beat the heat but really any time is better then working.

Agree 100%. I said no preference because anytime is better than no time. If it came down to it I would prefer morning or late day to beat the heat. Me and extreme heat do not mix....

Agree 100%. I said no preference because anytime is better than no time. If it came down to it I would prefer morning or late day to beat the heat. Me and extreme heat do not mix....

dude, the fall outing might be rough on you. it'll be warm, and we'll be out there in it all day.

Re: Favorite time of day to play golf

Early morning, or after dinner for me. I love the smells and feel of morning golf, and i love the way things wind down and chasing the daylight after dinner.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Late afternoon for me. I prefer drier conditions.

No preference really, but there is something nice about that late afternoon round and finishing up just before the sun disappears that always seems like a good way to end the day,

First tee time off in the morning with dew still on the ground.

I like the early morning, its generally pretty quiet and you can hear the birds and such cheering you along...or laughing at me in my case...LOL

I'll play anytime of the day, but here in the high desert, it's coolest and the least windy early in the morning.

I am a fan of the afternoon/evening rounds. Get the twilight rates and it cools down nice for the back nine. Of course that is up here in Canada and not in sunny Fla :act-up:

Back