Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Are there any people actually interested in F1 or just me? Anyways...F1 will be coming back to the US, finally :clapp: in 2011 to Austin Texas. The BF already has his eyes set on getting a pair of tickets to see this!! Maybe by then there will be a US F1 team :confused2:

just you :D

Not really into F1 racing. The only racing I really like is NASCAR and the past two years I've even lost interest in that too.

Do people even know what F1 is? :laughing:

Not a big race fan, but when I lived in SoCal I would attend the Long Beach Grand Prix every year. Well, at least until I got married. Indy Car racing isn't enough for you GC?

Do people even know what F1 is? :laughing:

Isnt an F1 the smallest tornado rating?

LOL, jk. I've watched a few, it just always seems like one or two cars get so far ahead, the race rarely is ever close at the end. And I used to be into NASCAR, but I prefer road tracks to ovals. So, it seems I cant have both...

F1 is nothing but politics, this year, they've made it so you CANNOT refuel at all. How crazy is that?!?! And Michael Schumacher is back. Usually the racers who are in pole position win the race. Love that sound though...

NASCAR is boring, they just drive around in an oval, whoopie doo. Question, why can't they make right turns and go in the opposite direction for a change? :D We usually get tickets to see NASCAR in Fontana every year...We had bottom seats near the fence, those seats stink and you get pelted with rubber tire pieces, not fun!! Tis ok...FYI Louis Hamilton's GF is Nicole from Pussycat Dolls who also won Dancing with the Stars. He was on Top Gear a while back he's a cool guy :good: My least fav. driver is Fernando Alonso...him and Louis Hamilton had issues back when they were teammates.

I used to watch it all the time. I would record it on Sunday mornings and watch it later in the day. Loved it that they would race in the rain. Those were fun to watch. It is almost unbelievable how advanced the cars are and how good the drivers are. Unfortunately, I don't get to watch much anymore. Some of the rule changes every year to change everything was a bit of a turnoff for me. I honestly don't know why some of the teams put up with it. I liked it when pit stops and strategy mattered. Now it seems like everyone has to do the same things.

No matter what the rules are, there is nothing quite like the first few laps of an F1 race.

I used to watch it all the time. I would record it on Sunday mornings and watch it later in the day. Loved it that they would race in the rain. Those were fun to watch. It is almost unbelievable how advanced the cars are and how good the drivers are. Unfortunately, I don't get to watch much anymore. Some of the rule changes every year to change everything was a bit of a turnoff for me. I honestly don't know why some of the teams put up with it. I liked it when pit stops and strategy mattered. Now it seems like everyone has to do the same things.

No matter what the rules are, there is nothing quite like the first few laps of an F1 race.

That's the best part :wink: when the lights turn green and they all swerve into each other and they're moving out of the way to prevent getting hit :good: And you just turn the TV volume up loud :D

Not a big race fan, but when I lived in SoCal I would attend the Long Beach Grand Prix every year. Well, at least until I got married. Indy Car racing isn't enough for you GC?

They still have it every year in Long Beach. The BF has good luck. The first time he ever took me we were waiting in line to purchase tickets when some random guy came up to him and offered him his free VIP tickets for the day since he was done. How awesome is that?!? But now they've combined the champ cars with the Indy cars (including Danica :sick:) and I think it either started this year or last year. But its still in Long Beach on the Street circuit.

Used to watch NASCAR quite a bit, but never really been into F1. Both can have their exciting moments and extremely boring ones. However, there is nothing quite like seeing a race in person.

They still have it every year in Long Beach. The BF has good luck. The first time he ever took me we were waiting in line to purchase tickets when some random guy came up to him and offered him his free VIP tickets for the day since he was done. How awesome is that?!? But now they've combined the champ cars with the Indy cars (including Danica :sick:) and I think it either started this year or last year. But its still in Long Beach on the Street circuit.

Ah, another Danica fan I see? lol...

if I'm suffering insomnia if watching golf on tv doesn't cure it watching most any kind of car racing on tv usually will work.
only car racing i'm into is the kind of racing that ends in approx. 4 -13 secs

F1 is nothing but politics, this year, they've made it so you CANNOT refuel at all. How crazy is that?!?! And Michael Schumacher is back. Usually the racers who are in pole position win the race. Love that sound though...

NASCAR is boring, they just drive around in an oval, whoopie doo. Question, why can't they make right turns and go in the opposite direction for a change? :D We usually get tickets to see NASCAR in Fontana every year...We had bottom seats near the fence, those seats stink and you get pelted with rubber tire pieces, not fun!! Tis ok...FYI Louis Hamilton's GF is Nicole from Pussycat Dolls who also won Dancing with the Stars. He was on Top Gear a while back he's a cool guy :good: My least fav. driver is Fernando Alonso...him and Louis Hamilton had issues back when they were teammates.

i never understood the appeal of nascar... its huge here in virginia... id much rather watch formula 1 where they actually turn both ways every now and then... plus its really fun on gran turino playstation

if I'm suffering insomnia if watching golf on tv doesn't cure it watching most any kind of car racing on tv usually will work.
only car racing i'm into is the kind of racing that ends in approx. 4 -13 secs

You'd like the drag races then :)

I'll watch it if I'm flipping through the channels and it's on but I don't make a point of following it. Matter of fact I'll watch almost any type of motorsport except for monster trucks, LOL. The only racing that is must see for me is any drag racing (I'll even watch imports:bulgy-eyes:) and supercross.

I'm an open wheel racing fan. Not as much as I used to be. I was a hardcore CART junkie and have been to quite a few races. No F1 races yet. Every year we talk about going to Montreal. Don't know about Austin next year. Have to see how expensive it would be. I would rather go to canada.

oh..and go Alonso!!!! Scuderia For LIFE

I'm excited to see F1 coming to Austin, mostly due to the new track we'll soon have. To me "rub'n is racing", but I appreciate all forms of racing. I think it is far more difficult to push a rectangle block through the air at 200 MPH for 3 hours then a jet fighter with wheels.

I'm excited to see F1 coming to Austin, mostly due to the new track we'll soon have. To me "rub'n is racing", but I appreciate all forms of racing. I think it is far more difficult to push a rectangle block through the air at 200 MPH for 3 hours then a jet fighter with wheels.

Maybe we'll see you there :wink: Do they know the streets yet where the track will be? Have they even started preparations for it? You're our new Peter Windsor haa haa haa Although, I'll talk to you whereas no one ever wanted to talk to the poor guy. I wonder if his US F1 team will be put together or if he's totally given up that idea :confused2:

From what I have seen about it they have purchased land and are going to build a track out near the airport. Hermann Tilke has been hired to design it.

Maybe we'll see you there :wink: Do they know the streets yet where the track will be? Have they even started preparations for it? You're our new Peter Windsor haa haa haa Although, I'll talk to you whereas no one ever wanted to talk to the poor guy. I wonder if his US F1 team will be put together or if he's totally given up that idea :confused2:

The race is supposed to be a long-term deal running until 2021. Details show it to be around 3 miles in length and approx. 10 miles from the austin airport. That is about the only info I have heard. I am kind of surprised they decided on this venue. It really seemed like the street course in Manhattan was going to be the next US race.

Trivia Question: Name the only F1 race ever held in Texas...location, date and winner!?

The US F1 team looks unlikely for 2011 and possibly ever. They had major sponsor issues. The FIA rejected their automatic entry for the 2011 season. Their transporters were seized and they have let go all of their employees...

Back