I can't putt......

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
I just can't putt worth anything. My line is pretty good I just get killed with my speed. I will leave a putt short (what is what I do most the time) and then I will kill a putt. Its really killing my scores and I need help!

Use the same ball as often as you can. Alot of balls are harder or softer than others so a putt that is close to the right speed might go by or be short with another ball. Also you need to find your "touch". I know you can put with practice.

Don't forget, this is the Ask the Pro section, please keep it clean until the THP Pro has a chance to respond.

I'm sorry. Forgot about that. I appologize.

claycribbs distance control and touch is a tuff thing to teach. The best way to get feel on a green is through work on the greens. One of the best ways to develop touch is to get the eyes and body working together. Next time you are out on the practice green I want you to hit some putts while looking at the hole. Get setup and trust it. Now look at the hole while you make the stroke. You will find the eyes and body start working and you will hit some pretty good putts. I like this drill so much that I use it in my preshot routine on the greens. Give this a try and see if this helps you dial in the speeds.

Thanks Amollerud. I tried this and I shot 38 on Saturday. Had 17 putts on 9 holes. Only one 3 putt on 9 holes. That was just a stupid mistake. I made 2 one putts and was almost sinking a bunch more. Most of my putts I just had 1 or two feet left. THANKS AGAIN!

I love it! That is great work and I am happy to hear that it helps!

Back