Handicap Feature?

Flooder

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm new here, so forgive me if this has been discussed before, but has there been any thought given to forming our own USGA licensed club and being able to log rounds and get official handicaps here on the sight. I use Stracka for this right now, but it'd be great to be able to do it here.

excellent question! i have been using fairway files.

I believe that the members of each club have to live within a certain distance to each other to be sanctioned by the USGA. I do think it would be cool, though. Even if we could set up a THP group on one of the sites.

I believe that the members of each club have to live within a certain distance to each other to be sanctioned by the USGA. I do think it would be cool, though. Even if we could set up a THP group on one of the sites.

You are right. Here is the official position of the USGA on "non-real estate clubs"

"A group of at least 10 individual players operating in a limited geographic area, running a named club guided by written by-laws and committees to supervise golf activities, where the players have a reasonable and regular opportunity to play golf with each other and scores are posted personally."

This doesn't mean we couldn't still have the functionality on the site but the handicaps wouldn't be "official" - the calculations the same whether it's USGA sanctioned or not. It also may not preclude us from setting up regional clubs if people want the official handicap.

oobgolf does allow you to set up groups. It wouldn't be a "club", but we could see each other's scores and progress.

oobgolf does allow you to set up groups. It wouldn't be a "club", but we could see each other's scores and progress.

That's an option. I'm in the process of transferring my scores over there right now. Should I try to form a group?

I believe this is what bogey russ and his brothers do on oob?

I just joined as well, anybody setup a group yet?

I already have an account on OOB golf- just let me know what site people want and I'll move all my scores/stats over to that site. I would LOVE to have a THP group with a live version of "what did you shoot today"!

I already have an account on OOB golf- just let me know what site people want and I'll move all my scores/stats over to that site. I would LOVE to have a THP group with a live version of "what did you shoot today"!

Not sure if you saw, Gus, but I formed a group at oobgolf for all of us. you can find it here... http://www.oobgolf.com/groups/The+Hackers+Paradise

I just put a bunch of rounds on Fairway Files yesterday, lol. Then threw the cards away.

I just put a bunch of rounds on Fairway Files yesterday, lol. Then threw the cards away.

If you want to switch just open both sites side by side and copy the data over to oob. that's what i did...

Back